What is the WORST food and nutrition advice....

Options

Replies

• benflando
    Options
    The worst advice is to avoid certain food. People react differently to all kinds of different foods. You may have to figure out which ones you are sensitive to. Good luck
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    What is the WORST food and nutrition advice...
    Anything said by any Beachbody, Herbalife, Advocare, Body by Vi, ItWorks,etc. MLM salesperson (I refuse to refer to them as "coaches" because IMO they haven't legitimately earned that title).

Yup, that is pretty much a joke isn't it!

you're cute.

Why thank you for the compliment but sorry, your not really my type. :blushing:

awwww :sad:
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Slimfast...My doctor put me on this when I was 11 years old just because it worked for him :noway: I drank it for three days and I was violently ill. I remember my dad taking me to the hospital because I wouldn't stop vomiting. They couldn't believe that a doctor had put me on that crap at that age! This was back in 1991 when Slimfast was all the hype.

Anything revolving around having to eat at certain times like not eating past 7 or that breakfast is a necessity. I have done fairly well breaking these rules :wink:
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    eat six small meals a day to stroke your metabolic fire = BS

or - if you do not eat six small meals a day you will go into starvation mode = this sounds like nails scraping across black board...shivering...

I don't think it really matters, I eat little meals all day. Never been overweight

??
    but eating six small meals has nothing to do with increasing metabolism...

It may not be a metabolism thing, but I've found that eating something, especially a bit of protein, every three or four hours keeps me from being super hungry. If I wait too long between meals my body doesn't go into starvation mode, but I end up eating like a starving person.:embarassed:

I am the same way. OMG! My nutritionist recommended I eat protein at every meal. I noticed I wasn't hungry as much.
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of rice - you don't see any fat Asians, do you?

Heck yeah I do!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You have too...
    You need too...
    WTF! How did you become the omniscient master of the universe? Anyone that believes they have all the answers for some one else is delusional! Give advice where its asked for... if its seriously a no brainer... 6 donuts a day, then make a suggestion that they might want to try a more balanced approach to eating... At the end of the day. Consuming calories at a deficit will cause weight loss... Is the only sure thing that can be said.
  • O2BFatNoMore
    Options

Heck yeah I do!

Yeah, but they're probably eating American food.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I'll list a few:

"Minimize carbs, carbs make you fat"

"You need 100oz a day of pure water, no other fluids will do"

"Eat more spicy foods, they help lose weight" - Thank you Dr. *quack* Oz.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Heck yeah I do!

Yeah, but they're probably eating American food.
    Two words: Sumo wrestlers
  • poponastick302
    poponastick302 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    "Never eat xxxx". Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Plus every single post in this thread. Some people have some funny ideas.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Don't eat. "You don't see fat people in starving villages." - old man joking with me but still!
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Drink a cup of hot vegetable oil to cleanse. *shudders...* Never. Again.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    not being able to eat ANY food that i love.
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    "You can eat as many calories as you want. You won't gain weight unless you eat carbs!"

hahaha mine is similar - my father in law told me once that my 1 sausage with 1 slice of bread was much worse than his 3 sausages...
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That you HAVE to eat meat for nutrition, when protein and fats etc. can be found in other sources which people can research easily these days
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    eat more....ur body is in starvation mode....ur not starving if your a fat *kitten*
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    eat more....ur body is in starvation mode....ur not starving if your a fat *kitten*

Lol, agree :)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    avoid fat, don't skip breakfast, don't eat after a certain time, drink skim milk instead of whole *gag*, don't use salt, use margarine.... ummm it's endless!
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Try Nutrisystem.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    Adkins' diet?

Like Trace Adkins?
    NBC-FINAL4.jpg