breakfast still the most unhealthiest meal part two....

Replies

• 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Whether one need to eat breakfast depends entirely on what and when one ate the night before.

A nice slab of fatty steak will last me up to 20 hours. However, a banana for dinner would have me up and eating at 6am!
  • cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    I would like to point out theat breakfast is the first meal of the day, no matter what time it was consumed. so if the first meal of your day is on your lunch break at work guess what, thats breakfast.
    the word "breakfast" means to break the fast, you dont eat when you sleep so over night you have fasted, when you eat you have broken the fast and had breakfast.
    so please, unless you are advocating a no food diet (not a good recomendation) please dont say that breakfast is bad for you.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    LOL breakfast does NOT suck, at least my breakfasts don't. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Any article that uses registered trademark symbols in it is automatically invalid, as it's obviously biased toward pushing that trademarked product/service.

Sidesteel hit it perfectly. Timing is irrelevant in the face of sufficient macro intake, exercise, and caloric deficit.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    I'm not reading the article just yet but I'm seriously going to say that the phrase, "most unhealthiest" is irritatingly grammatically incorrect.

hahahaha thank you. I've been wanting to say the same thing.

at least troll with proper grammar.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I'm not reading the article just yet but I'm seriously going to say that the phrase, "most unhealthiest" is irritatingly grammatically incorrect.

it was done in jest as it caused a melt down of epic proportions in part 1 :)
  • CoachReddy

(part 1 had the same grammar issues)

ruh roh.
  • ndj1979

ruh roh.

part one was created during vodka three...

how does that one song go ...blame it on the aaaa alcohol" t-pain
  • ndj1979
    The body uses exogenous glucose (the carbs you eat) for energy when it's available (in the first few hours post-prandial), then glycogen stores (these are the carbs you ate before/glucose your body made before and stored), and THEN the body will begin gluconeogenesis from fatty acids in combination with using glycogen stores... so it's not until a glucose is NOT readily available that your body begins fat catabolism to source energy.

But then there's the whole fat burns in the flame of carbohydrates thing:

Lipolysis (the degradation of lipids (fats)) occurs with the input of intermediaries that are products of GLUCOSE catabolism- that is, in order for fats to burn, they need some of the compounds that breaking down glucose produces. BUT then again, the intermediaries of fat metabolism can be sourced from alternative sources (alanine--> pyruvate --> OOA) if there is excess Acetyl Co-A present (which is often the case when exogenous glucose is reduced/unavailable) so it's not NECESSARILY true that blood glucose is absolutely necessary for fat metabolism.

Anybody follow that? Nope? Yeah.. it doesn't have that much to do with this but I'm studying and typing it out benefits me. hah

woman talking metabolic science is so freaking sexy!
  • CoachReddy

ruh roh.

part one was created during vodka three...

how does that one song go ...blame it on the aaaa alcohol" t-pain

or the Brad Paisley song. haha
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    The body uses exogenous glucose (the carbs you eat) for energy when it's available (in the first few hours post-prandial), then glycogen stores (these are the carbs you ate before/glucose your body made before and stored), and THEN the body will begin gluconeogenesis from fatty acids in combination with using glycogen stores... so it's not until a glucose is NOT readily available that your body begins fat catabolism to source energy.

Lipolysis (the degradation of lipids (fats)) occurs with the input of intermediaries that are products of GLUCOSE catabolism- that is, in order for fats to burn, they need some of the compounds that breaking down glucose produces. BUT then again, the intermediaries of fat metabolism can be sourced from alternative sources (alanine--> pyruvate --> OOA) if there is excess Acetyl Co-A present (which is often the case when exogenous glucose is reduced/unavailable) so it's not NECESSARILY true that blood glucose is absolutely necessary for fat metabolism.

Anybody follow that? Nope? Yeah.. it doesn't have that much to do with this but I'm studying and typing it out benefits me. hah

haha.. Well let me take you through the physiological differences between ketogenic and glucogenic amino acids then... j/k, I'm bored with myself just mentioning it.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member

haha.. Well let me take you through the physiological differences between ketogenic and glucogenic amino acids then... j/k, I'm bored with myself just mentioning it.

yes, I follow, understand. Too many people following Martin/Leangains. Silly.
  • etoiles_argentees
    Yes. Dave Tate? no. I'd prefer to listen to Alan. I trust him.
  • ndj1979

mmmm amino acids make my blood boil....
  • Meal timing is irrelevant. People make it so much harder than it has to be. Just get in your proteins, fat, and carbs by the end of the day.
  • ndj1979
    well lean gains works for me ..so I do not think it is silly...
  • Of course it works. If you are counting your calories, you will lose or gain weight regardless. I was doing it too because it makes it much easier to diet.
  • etoiles_argentees
    Meal timing is irrelevant. People make it so much harder than it has to be. Just get in your proteins, fat, and carbs by the end of the day.

Thank you.
  • ndj1979
    Of course it works. If you are counting your calories, you will lose or gain weight regardless. I was doing it too because it makes it much easier to diet.

do you still do it?

I have been doing it for six months now..

I could always eat a lot in one sitting so it works well for me...