How many meals do YOU eat a day?

Options
124»

Replies

• Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Its totally irrelevant... nutrient timing is just a personal preference... calorific deficit, adequate protein and adequate dietary fat is all that matter... 1 meal, 3, meals, 5 meals, 27 meals... eating large brekky and small dinner, not eating after 7pm... not eating hi GI carbs... its all irrelevant... its ALL about calorific diet... that and having enough protein and dietary fat... if you are on a calorific deficit you WILL lose weight... its just science... nothing to do with meal frequency/timing/GI rating whatever.

Yeah...let me eat 3000 calories at breakfast...and see if I'm not starving at 6pm.

However, here is a good article that relates to the above comments....yeah...really doesn't matter...personal preference.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56254
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I technically only have 1 meal, which is dinner. Everything else is pretty much snacks...I never was a breakfast or lunch person.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I call mine snacks, but what I usually do is eat from about 4 until 7:30. I log it as snack/dinner/snack, but it's really just appetizer/dinner/dessert. Otherwise, I eat breakfast and lunch with the very occasional morning snack on the weekends.
  • LIttleCamel
    Options
    I snack all day and then have dinner which is usually 300-400 calories.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,136 Member
    Options
    Its totally irrelevant... nutrient timing is just a personal preference... calorific deficit, adequate protein and adequate dietary fat is all that matter... 1 meal, 3, meals, 5 meals, 27 meals... eating large brekky and small dinner, not eating after 7pm... not eating hi GI carbs... its all irrelevant... its ALL about calorific diet... that and having enough protein and dietary fat... if you are on a calorific deficit you WILL lose weight... its just science... nothing to do with meal frequency/timing/GI rating whatever.

Yeah...let me eat 3000 calories at breakfast...and see if I'm not starving at 6pm.

However, here is a good article that relates to the above comments....yeah...really doesn't matter...personal preference.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56254

Most people I know who would eat all their calories in one meal, and there are only a hand full, would not eat it in the morning, but later in the day. Then tend to be people who are not hungry first thing, then they get busy and stay busy all day. Once they are done they have a large meal. As I said, they are the exception. Also realize they often take a couple of hours to eat, especially if they are eating a lot of nutrient dense foods. As I said there are not many of them. I know I prefer 3 meals, and occasionally 2, but I also have an overnight fast window of about 15-17 hours.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000 meals a day.

They each contain 2 calories.

It keeps my metabolism supercharged.

LOL
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I eat about three meals a day...I skip breakfast..then have small lunch (20%) cals for day, then post work out is largest meal, and then have smaller fill in meal for calories and macros at about 8:15..

I do leangains 18/8 ..so fast 18 hours with 8 hour eating window...
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    I personally prefer to eat a bunch of small meals. I find my blood sugar drops way too quickly and I get lethargic and cranky if I don't eat something every 2-ish hours.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    i eat 3000 meals a day spaced out at five minute intervals over a 24 hour period of .5 calories each....

I have freaking Tupperware everywhere..
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Before I started dieting, I ate 2 meals (around 4 pm and around 9 pm) and sugary coffee/hot chocolate/tea around 6pm. I still only eat breakfast when I'm at work in the morning. Now, I still eat 2 meals at the same times, but they're healthier...normally. And, still have sweet drinks throughout the day, just w artificial sweetener. I also snack on McD fruit/granola yogurt parfait and honey roasted cashews from about 12 pm to 4 pm.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000 meals a day.

They each contain 2 calories.

It keeps my metabolism supercharged.

LOL
  • SammiSpring
    Options
    I read somewhere that the metabolism boost one gets from eating 6 times a day is so small that it doesn't make a difference. It's a rumor encouraged by the snack industry, because who is going to eat cheese-its and granola bars with their dinner?

Plus, more than 3 meals a day is worse for the teeth, and in the days when people were skinny (and in thin countries) 3 meals was the norm.

But I think it depends on the individual. Some people need to eat more frequently to curb hunger. I'd rather have 2-3 bigger meals and then not think about food for awhile. I think it's about preference.
  • jungleclaudia
    Options
    6 or 7. LOL.

But it depends of each person. That works or my, so it's ok. :)
  • phatnotfat81
    Options

Correct!
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    i eat 3000 meals a day spaced out at five minute intervals over a 24 hour period of .5 calories each....

I have freaking Tupperware everywhere..

Me too!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

Correct!

And not what the OP asked for! :)

I do 3 big meals and then graze/snack as I get hungry throughout the day. So it works out to about 4-5 on average, sometimes 6.
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    I have 2 meals, and 3 snacks, painkillers make me sick so i dont feel the need to eat much :(
  • 6 sometimes 7 Meals. Breakfast,Snack,Lunch,Snack,Dinner, Snack