is my 5 month goal realistic ??

Options
I currently weigh 164 lbs and would like to be 126 lbs by the end of July as that's when I plan to go to Turkey. This means a total of 38 lbs weight loss....Is this realistic ?

Replies

• xDawnsgrace
    Options
    It will be difficult. That's 1.9lbs per week. It's possible, but difficult. You'll really have to crack down.
  • Eandretta96
    Options
    Yes, I think it's possible.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 164 lbs and would like to be 126 lbs by the end of July as that's when I plan to go to Turkey. This means a total of 38 lbs weight loss....Is this realistic ?

I think that's doable if you work at it. Though as you get closer to goal, weight loss tapers off, so after the first 25 it might get a lot harder.
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    I believe that they say a pound a week is healthy weight loss (you can lose more if you're very overweight) so I'd say a realistic goal would be more like 20lbs.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    38 pounds in 5 months is *possible,* but highly unlikely when you only have 38 pounds to lose.

Just focus on aiming at a 1 pound a week rate, eat right and exercise, and you'll LOOK like you lost more pounds than if you starved yourself to hit some goal number.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible..
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    38 pounds in 5 months is *possible,* but highly unlikely when you only have 38 pounds to lose.

Just focus on aiming at a 1 pound a week rate, eat right and exercise, and you'll LOOK like you lost more pounds than if you starved yourself to hit some goal number.

^^^This, plus how tall are you? is 126 pounds even a healthy weight for you? just curious
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

Listen to this post, she knows what she's talking about.
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    remember that the basic math is 3500 calories = 1 pound. So to lose 2lbs a week you would need a 1000 calorie-a-day deficit from maintenance amounts to do so. Basically you either need to burn an additional 1000 cal a day, or eat 1000 cal a day less (not a great idea, btw) or find a way to combine the two. Eat 500 less per day and burn 500 more on the same day. 5 months of doing that is a bit extreme if you ask me though...
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I agree -- doable, but you will have to be almost perfect with your efforts. Good luck!
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Even if you only lose, say, 20-25 pounds, you'll still feel better and look amazing. Keep that in mind and you won't stress yourself out with your original goal weight. :smile:
  • Tia149
    Options
    Can I ask what the 5:2 diet is?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Even if you only lose, say, 20-25 pounds, you'll still feel better and look amazing. Keep that in mind and you won't stress yourself out with your original goal weight. :smile:

This.

I'm also 5'5. About 10 years ago, I was about 120 pounds. I wasn't terribly healthy then, because I lost weight from a slipped disc in my jaw and couldn't chew normally, but I liked how I looked at that size. I thought I'd have to get back to 120 to look like that again. With good nutrition and exercise (I lift weights and run), I'm smaller now, but about 15 pounds heavier. Don't get too hung up on the number on the scale.

(Pictures and stuff here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/886672-1-5-million-calories-in-775-days)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It's realistic as long as you're committed!
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    start with clen eca cycle 2week clen 2 week eca XDDXDXDX