My before/after pics - from 120lbs to 105lbs

Options
kdiamond
kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
These were taken in 2004, my son was a year old. Next is me last year in 2009. Next set of pictures is my husband and I in 2004, then us again in 2009. Would you believe we're 5 years older in the after? Crazy how a little weight can make such a difference!

2004.jpgbah1.jpg

2004_b.jpg2009_b.jpg

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    edit: oops, never mind .. you fixed it :-).
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, you look AMAZING! So much younger! Way to go!!
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Can't get more conclusive than that :) *picks up tongue off the ground* Great job :)
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    you look really great wow,, ur husband not bad either.. a little weight can make a big difference just depends how it is distributed i suppose,,,, awesome job
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    GORGEOUS!!!
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    so what was your daily routine like? Any P90X or any stength training! Cause everything looks lifted! You look younger and really Hot!! Great job!!!
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You are a "HOT MAMMA!" Congrats, you look awesome!
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    These were taken in 2004, my son was a year old. Next is me last year in 2009. Next set of pictures is my husband and I in 2004, then us again in 2009. Would you believe we're 5 years older in the after? Crazy how a little weight can make such a difference!

2004.jpgbah1.jpg

2004_b.jpg2009_b.jpg

You look like a completely different person! Way to go!
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    So gorgeous. How long did it take you to lose 15lbs?
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Wow you look great! So toned now! Even when I was under 120lbs I never looked toned and still felt "fat". What's your routine?
  • xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Options
    Wow, that 15lbs made a huge difference! You even look less tired in the recent pictures.
  • kdiamond
    Options
    Thanks all!

It took me 4 good months of solid diet/workout to lose 15 pounds and firm up...no cheating at all. (I wanted to post last year's pics to show how long I've kept it off).

- I did 45 mins of pilates 3x a week. (I do hot yoga now on occasion instead)
    - I did 20-30 mins on the elliptical 6x a week. (Still do, but maybe 4x a week now, and I alternate between elliptical, stair climber and elliptical. Basically I do 120 minutes of cardio a week, whatever it might be)
    - I also did weight training 5x a week (light weights, high reps). (Still do, but a little heavier weights and less reps. I definitely believe in circuit training or supersets because it keeps your heart rate going and you can finish more in less time).
    - Kept my diet to 1000-1200 calories per day, and all natural foods...lower carb, higher protein and fiber

Sometimes now I add in a DVD 1-2x a week, I like Gilad. I cannot do those heavy duty P90x things, I don't like erratic workouts, I like to maintain a fat burning heartrate for a solid 45-60 minutes thus the elliptical/treadmill and circuit training all mixed together.

As for "lifted", well I had one thing lifted and that was due to breastfeeding 2 children for a year each. ;) Everything else I did through exercise and diet though. Of course I was tired then, I had 2 children under 3. I feel much better now that I sleep well. ;)

Any other questions please feel free to ask!

Karen
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Would you believe we're 5 years older in the after? Crazy how a little weight can make such a difference!

Well done you, what an inspiration to others - you look 5 years younger !!!

Paul :smile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    WOW. I'm super motivated now. :happy:
  • JessicaBuff
    JessicaBuff Posts: 233
    Options
    WOW. I'm super motivated now. :happy:

If that doesnt motivate you I dont know what will!! I am going to workout NOW!! lol
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    What's the word I'm looking for hmmm oh yeah WOW!!
  • JessicaBuff
    JessicaBuff Posts: 233
    Options
    How tall are you??
  • kdiamond
    Options
    How tall are you??

I am 5'3 3/4 (yeah gotta add the 3/4) :laugh:
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing...Yeah I know about the breastfeeding thing myself..Hoping to take care of that as well when I'm at my goal weight..You are an inspiration..Thanks again! GO YOU!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!