For those Lean & Strong: What do you eat?

Options

Replies

• Wwonderful
    Options
    For me, lots and lots of Tuna fish. I love Tuna Melts all day everyday! I can never get tired of Tuna. On the weekends, I eat junk like cookies, candy bars, Doritos, etc. Also, protein bars and almonds. Tuna gives me plenty of protein. I also eat Hamburger or Tuna Helper, and I drink lots and lots of water.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I eat a variety of foods within +/- 20% of my TDEE. I aim to get ample protein (at least 1g per lb LBM) and fat (at least .35g per lb of BW). This includes but is not limited to Sausage & Egg McMuffins, Peanut Butter Cookies, and Bacon Cheeseburgers.

^ FTW.

I just aim for the protein and let fat and carbs land where they will each day... some days I'm higher fat and lower carbs; other days I'm higher carbs and lower fat... but as long as that protein target is there I'm golden.

The trick is to eat enough... I'm eating right around TDEE, but then I want to get to where I can eat over to gain muscle... but I still have a little fat to lose. My BF% seems to be dropping despite my weight staying the same.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I eat a variety of foods within +/- 20% of my TDEE. I aim to get ample protein (at least 1g per lb LBM) and fat (at least .35g per lb of BW). This includes but is not limited to Sausage & Egg McMuffins, Peanut Butter Cookies, and Bacon Cheeseburgers.

^ FTW.

I just aim for the protein and let fat and carbs land where they will each day... some days I'm higher fat and lower carbs; other days I'm higher carbs and lower fat... but as long as that protein target is there I'm golden.

The trick is to eat enough... I'm eating right around TDEE, but then I want to get to where I can eat over to gain muscle... but I still have a little fat to lose. My BF% seems to be dropping despite my weight staying the same.

Ditto this ^^^^
    Also, I'm pretty sure my diary is open. Feel free to creep away at what I eat.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    The blood of virgins.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

^ FTW.

Ditto this ^^^^

^^ BAH.
    OP try learn to balance your nutrition
    Just so you know if you eat too many carbs you will store excess water weight. That above to which I have quoted is not such a great idea to just let things lay as they may. Learn how to eat and you will succeed in your goals. :drinker:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

^ FTW.

Ditto this ^^^^

^^ BAH.
    Just so you know if you eat too many carbs you will store excess water weight. That above to which I have quoted is not such a great idea to just let things lay as they may. Learn how to eat and you will succeed in your goals. :drinker:

If you're within your cal budget, and getting adequate protein fat, you will, by definition not be eating "too many carbs".

We don't have to overthink every little thing.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

^ FTW.

Ditto this ^^^^

^^ BAH.

Yeah I don't see the big deal. No one is trying to stay in a weight class here.

If you hit the calories and protein for the day, it doesn't really matter much where the fat and carbs fall as long as you're not getting a ton of sugar or something.
  • Shock_Wave
    Options

^ FTW.

Ditto this ^^^^

^^ BAH.

If you're within your cal budget, and getting adequate protein fat, you will, by definition not be eating "too many carbs".

This strictly depends on your goals bud! Do you want to gain, lose, or maintain. If I have 3000k and I eat 300+ grams In the way of carbs then I store water.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I hope anyone wondering how to eat who wanders into this thread notices a trend. There's a crap ton of successful people here who eat what they want as long as it conforms to their calorie and macro goals.
  • taso42
    Options

^ FTW.

Ditto this ^^^^

^^ BAH.

This strictly depends on your goals bud! Do you want to gain, lose, or maintain. If I have 3000k and I eat 300+ in the way of carbs then I store water.

I guess that's the difference. I couldn't care less about water gains & losses. I normally try to focus on muscle gain or fat loss. Water just accounts for day to day fluctuations which don't mean a damn thing - unless you're trying to make weight for an event like the guy above mentioned.
  • Shock_Wave
    Options

^ FTW.

Ditto this ^^^^

^^ BAH.

If you hit the calories and protein for the day, it doesn't really matter much where the fat and carbs fall as long as you're not getting a ton of sugar or something.

dood your silly every one has a weight goal they want to achieve here on MFP aka weight class or a particular size in cloths.. etc.
  • jonnythan
    Options

^ FTW.

Ditto this ^^^^

^^ BAH.

dood your silly every one has a weight goal they want to achieve here on MFP aka weight class or a particular size in cloths.. etc.

Yeah, they have a weight goal but a couple pounds here or there of water weight makes no difference to anything. It's body mass people are trying to lose.
  • Shock_Wave
    Options

^ FTW.

Ditto this ^^^^

^^ BAH.

This strictly depends on your goals bud! Do you want to gain, lose, or maintain. If I have 3000k and I eat 300+ in the way of carbs then I store water.

I guess that's the difference. I couldn't care less about water gains & losses. I normally try to focus on muscle gain or fat loss. Water just accounts for day to day fluctuations which don't mean a damn thing - unless you're trying to make weight for an event like the guy above mentioned.

That's your opinion but some other people do care.
  • taso42
    Options
    Well, the broctor has spoken. Let it be.
  • Shock_Wave
    Options
    Well, the broctor has spoken. Let it be.

LOL or you can look like taso ... soft and small.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

^ FTW.

Ditto this ^^^^

^^ BAH.

That was my recommendation. But then aside from lifting I'm an endurance runner, so on a day I'll run 10+ miles I'll eat more carbs... guess that's all I was trying to get at. Depends on the day.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    The blood of virgins.
    Yet another thing we have in common; though mine are virgin pixies.

OP, you don't have to eat so restrictively for fat loss. Check out my diary for the day.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    LOL or you can look like taso ... soft and small.

The classic last resort of the brofessor. "My muscles are bigger; therefore you are an idiot."
  • judisea
    judisea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Whey protein isolate. read about it. I use J robb egg white protein.
    It fills you up. I make it with 45 calorie coconut milk and frozen fruit, like strawberries or a banana. try it
  • ldbuster0
    Options
    I need more guidance in what to be eating to achieve a leaner body. I do weights and getting myself into doing more intensity workouts. I was out for 3 weeks due to a knee injury. But finally it is starting to heal.
    Since I started on my weight loss journey, I have been adjusting my eating habits and now this is what I typically eat (more or less):

Mon- Fri
    Breakfast:
    4 oz plain non fat greek yogurt, 4 oz mixed frozen berries, 10-15 almonds, 1 tbsp coconut flakes, 1 tbsp goji berries
    Snack:
    2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
    Lunch:
    fish, broccolli or homemade chili (pinto beans, onions, garlic, green pepper, black beans, kidney beans, corn), or salads
    Snack:
    Usually an apple
    Dinner:
    Green smoothie (2 cups spinach, 1 cup kale, 1 cup mixed berries, 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1 scoop of protein powder)
    Snack: Depends, a piece of cheese or some almonds.

Sat.-Sun
    Varies LoL

Thanks so much!!!
    Patty

How do you eat the same thing everyday? I just can't do it. I want to so I don't have to work so hard to track calories.