Options
    food
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    4 oz chicken breast
    Asparagus
    and fiberwise pasta and italian dressing
    BY the way if you don't already know Fiberwise Pasta not only does it taste GREAT but it's is low in calories and has 12 grams of Fiber per serving
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    the kiddies wanted hamburger helper so I made it for them. On the other hand I myself had grilled herbed salmon and a cup of steamed bean and carrot medley loaded with pepper as usual.
  • blueberrybox
    Options
    amys black bean soup :)
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I had:
    trader joes roasted vegetable enchiladas
    trader joes southwest gourmet flatbreads
    peas

I found a Trader Joe's in Springfield VA. It's about an hour and 1/2 drive from my house. Do you have a list of "must have's" if I decide to drive up there next week?

Here are a few things. They have so much stuff. Just check labels. Some things are higher but all of these are pretty reasonable. I can get a couple of bags full of staples for around $30 too! Again, some things are higher but overall, I can find a deal.

*Trader Joes Cinnamon Crumpets: 110 calories, 0 fat (great breakfast with a banana or yogurt)
    *Trader Joes French Toast: 110 calories a slice (nice, thick pieces full of flavor)
    *Trader Joes Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas: 300 calories for the whole thing (one of my fav meals)
    *Trader Joes Southwest Style Gourmet Flatbreads: 90 calories and 3 g fat per serving (around the salsas and tortilla chips)
    *Trader Joes Sour Cream and Onion Crisps (made with Rice): 120 calories and 3.5 g of fat per serving. (They really help my craving for chips. You can have 38 of them per serving and they almost taste like cool ranch doritos to me)
    *Trader Joes Extra Lean Ground Beef Patties: 150 Calories, 5 g fat per serving
    *Trader Joes Chili Lime Chicken Burgers (frozen): 110 calories
    *Trader Joes Southwest Turkey Burgers (frozen): 110 calories
    *Trader Joes Turkey Hot Dogs: 45 calories each and no nitrates or caseins (tasty)
    *Trader Joes whole wheat hamburger and hot dog buns
    *Trader Joes Apple/Cranberry Bran Muffins: 80 calories and 13 g fiber!
    *Trader Joes Pomegranate/Cranberry Muffins: Around 100 calories and 13 g fiber
    *Trader Joes Apple Tarte Tatin: 120 calories for 1/4 of pie, in the bakery/dessert area. It is a little expensive...around $6.99 for the pie, so I only get it once in awhile, but it is really good and low enough that you could put a little light ice cream on top!

I like their frozen veggies and fish section too. Also, in the fresh veggie area (around the salads) they have a lot of pre-cut fruits and veggies. Makes it easy to snack. I like the pre-cut sweet potato spears. I will put them in a bowl and coat with a little pam to moisten and then sprinkle some salt, pepper and maybe some spices on and bake for some really tasty sweet potato fries.