Constipation

Options

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I swear to you...try Trader Joes High Fiber Sprouted Wheat Bread.
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Regardless the cause I promise you this will work within minutes

~ Chia Seeds ~ Flax Seeds ~ Hemp Seeds

Just add it a smoothie (your favorite fruits/vegetables) blend and drink .....

The next best thing is exercise get on a treadmill within an hour this will do the job :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Try dieter's tea or basically any herbal tea can be helpful but that one will clean get things going.
  • LauraW1219
    LauraW1219 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    how well with your gall bladder functioning? I don't have one. If you eat a diet with fat in it you need to help your body process the fat. You need to order bile salts. I use standard process ones and they work for me.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My solution is 3 beers and a #6 from Taco Bell.
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    YES!!! It works! Stay near a bathroom though.
  • The Milk of Magnesia is available for purchase at any major pharmacy.
    1 tsp = 1 big bomb
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm worse. Been taking naturopathic laxatives and also drinking Smooth Moves (senna) tea. Also drinking lots of water. Nothing is moving! It makes me bloated and then grumpy because I feel fat. :(
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    last night i had 500 mls of aloe and kiwi juice, 2 litres of 'be regular' tea (with peppermint, chamomile, milk thistle and senna in it) (not as much as it sounds, it was 2 x 1L bottle of water with one teabag in each), 4 prunes, 7 dried apricots, and 2 pieces of natural licorice. It worked too well :S

stoked, though.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i had constipation for YEARS (going once or twice a week) and it wasnt until I started exercising that I started going everyday. I also ate more fats and that helped a lot.

you were constipated for years??? Holy ****....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I give my daughter prune juice with apple juice. About 1/3 prune and 2/3 apple, if you're into that sort of thing. Mostly what does it is the sugar in the juice combined with the prune, because the sugar acts like a natural softener by drawing water into the colon.

For me, coffee every day does lovely things.

I am glad you are not my mom....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    last night i had 500 mls of aloe and kiwi juice, 2 litres of 'be regular' tea (with peppermint, chamomile, milk thistle and senna in it) (not as much as it sounds, it was 2 x 1L bottle of water with one teabag in each), 4 prunes, 7 dried apricots, and 2 pieces of natural licorice. It worked too well :S

stoked, though.
    So you had a stimulant laxative and a bunch of other stuff?? wow.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I'm worse. Been taking naturopathic laxatives and also drinking Smooth Moves (senna) tea. Also drinking lots of water. Nothing is moving! It makes me bloated and then grumpy because I feel fat. :(
    nothing even after a stimulant laxative??
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    One word: senna tea

Ok, you tried it? Listen, it always works. Try it again, 2 bags in 1 cup water at 8pm . Spend morning near the facilities.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    nothing even after a stimulant laxative??

Yes. It's a bit concerning. I exaggerated a bit. Guess things are moving. But not much or well. How fast does the tea work?
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Get a bidet, like magicbidet on ebay.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

stoked, though.
    So you had a stimulant laxative and a bunch of other stuff?? wow.

where exactly does it say I had a laxative? didn't. had a bunch of natural stuff. Your posts in here aren't very positive, tbh. If you've got nothing useful to say, why bother?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    you could always hook up a vacuum cleaner to your *kitten* and turn it on high...essentially a home made colonoscopy....
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    where exactly does it say I had a laxative? didn't. had a bunch of natural stuff.

Where exactly is right here.
    'be regular' tea (with peppermint, chamomile, milk thistle and senna in it)

Senna = laxative
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    you could always hook up a vacuum cleaner to your *kitten* and turn it on high...essentially a home made colonoscopy....
    wow. that was...ummm... pointless.