ladies around 5'4-5'5: what are your goals?!

Options
i'm about 5'4-5'5 and am curious of how my goals line up with those around the same size? i have yet to do measuremeants of my legs, waist, etc. so am just looking for a number on the scale. i go back and forth between 128-131 lately. do not feel good at this size (although it is lower than i used to be) and would love to get down to low 120's.

i also try to exercise 3 days a week. i am 2 years out of college and used to be very into working out. i had so much more time then. now i am at a desk job all day and dead by 5:00. i like to run a mile (i know it isn't far but it is a big accomplishment for me so far) and do the elliptical and light weightlifting.

any advice? i would LOVE to hear from anyone to see if i am unrealistic/not doing enough.

Replies

• Motivated2013a
    Options
    Heya, i think weight around our weight is varied a lot! I'm at about 5"5 and currently 149lbs, although i used to be around 142lbs..ive carried on the festive period in terms of food and alcohol! My goal is to hopefully lose atleast 4lbs in the next 6 weeks, and get myself back down to a weight i like on me. Your goals sound good, just don't forget how your build affects your weight, and of course muscle and bone! I have heavy bones which is why my weight quite exceeds my build i think!

Hope ive been helpful in some way! x
  • pebrutto
    Options
    thank you for your input! i appreciate any. i wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!
  • hannahpark3r
    hannahpark3r Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My goal weight right now is 120, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. I also have a wide frame/broad shoulders, so people have said that a bigger weight might look okay on me, even though I'm short. My last weigh in had me at 204, which is a size 12 (U.S.) for me.
    So basically, I'm not sure. Haha.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I am 5'4.5 and my goal is about 110.
  • mimilynn79
    mimilynn79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-5"
    SW 184
    CW 162
    GW 130
  • pebrutto
    Options
    i'm seeing similar goals which is awesome! i think 120-130 is nice for our size but everyone is built differently so variations of that look equally good on others! depends on body structure and where you hold the weight most. i am bottom heavy. child bearing hips and thighs!

taytaylynn3, what is your CW if you don't mind me asking? my lowest was 118 and i was eating NOTHING, exercising 2-3 hours a day and was constantly being told i looked like a child. again, weight is different on everyone. just curious and how you will reach this goal of 110?

thanks everyone :)
  • jbhmac
    jbhmac Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4"-My goal weight is around 135. I currently am at 155 and wear a size 10 (or 8 sometimes...)
  • uberkrafty
    uberkrafty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is under 115. Right now I weigh 121 -- which is ideal for my height but I still have love handles and a bit of a gut I'd love to get rid of.
  • stweedt507
    Options
    I would like to get back to 145, just had my second baby, but you know what my real goal is (KISS) not to eat after 8pm....I wake up to feed the baby (no longer bf'ng) and want to eat whatever enters my path. UGH
  • Parrishjune1
    Parrishjune1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi....just joined 3 days ago....I'm 5'4 weighing about 124.... Want to be 116 .....I'm 53 years old and the extra weight doesn't fit into my jeans....hehe....(moved to Florida and packed on 10 pounds in a year)....
    So....even though I'm not considered out of shape I know I need to start putting thought into my calorie consumption....1200 calories is harder to maintain than I thought but hopefully will inspire me to be more active....
    Definitely would welcome support. :)
  • ErinG6191
    ErinG6191 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and weigh 163 right now. I just had a baby and 140 is a comfortable weight for me, but I'd love to be 130-135 if I could. I'm going to go 10 lbs at a time and see how I feel. First goal is 150, then 140, the 130.
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 119 lbs with 21% body fat. My goal is a toned 110 around 18% BF? (not sure yet for BF%).
  • BrittBritt12321
    BrittBritt12321 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...somewhere between 115-120lbs!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my goal weight was 127, which is what I weighed when I got married 11 1/2 years and 5 children ago. I am now down to 124 and trying to tone up.
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4"-My goal weight is around 135. I currently am at 155 and wear a size 10 (or 8 sometimes...)

^ this.
  • healthmommy
    Options
    I am 5'5 and I range from 124-127. I lift weights as well as cardio about 3-4 times a week. I have a pretty fit body but I am wondering why my weight has gone up (staying around 127) since I've been counting my calories and exercising regularly. My calorie goal for the day is 1200 and I usually burn 500-600 calories per work out. Its a bit discouraging but I'm wondering if maybe its the new muscle I have gained. Has anyone else had this similar issue?
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

5'4
    SW: 158
    CW: 152
    GW: 140
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    5'5
    sw:203
    cw:133
    gw:130
    Dont want to be to small just really even now just want a flatter stomach and to tone up
  • Pink_Tina
    Options
    Height: 5'4
    SW: 221
    CW: 166.8
    GW: 140

I also want to be toned and strong, so I started lifting heavy. Hoping I look great in clothes and at least decent without clothes by the time I hit 140. :)
  • Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    CW 143
    GW 125 but now I am seconding guessing that because I am building muscle so I might weigh more in the end then I think especially after losing a ton of weight. I am hoping my skin will go back to normal after 3 c-sections and a lot of years pretending I didn't have a jelly belly. So, I am not sure of my goals or if it is realistic? I just know that each day I am working towards being and looking healthy and I am not sure now which number I will land on-if that makes sense? Thanks for the share, I can identify with that.