ladies around 5'4-5'5: what are your goals?!

Options

Replies

• jpfrimmer
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh 134. I wear a size 2-4 and have 19% body fat. Everyone is different, but I'm surprised at how low some of the goal weights are! You might want to set a goal for body fat instead. Good luck!
  • Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am 143 and I was were you were at 166.8 and it feels good and looks better. I can't wait to see me at the 120's though! You look great-keep it going!
    Height: 5'4
    SW: 221
    CW: 166.8
    GW: 140

I also want to be toned and strong, so I started lifting heavy. Hoping I look great in clothes and at least decent without clothes by the time I hit 140. :)
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this topic! I am 5'4.5". I am currently 142 (36 years old) and I am looking to get to 120. I am currently in a pretty firm 8 and looking for a 4. At my heaviest after my middle child I got up to 165 and did Body for Life and was down to 120 in 12 weeks. Well that was 13 years ago and it is a little bit harder now. :tongue: I have a short midsection torso and it seems like it will be impossible to get a curvy waist. My waist is currently 31ish, a 27 would be nice. My thighs are at the thickest part are about 24 inches :frown: respectively. I am so happy that I am not the only one..I have people look at me all the time and say "You look fine" but I know I can look better. The pudge below my belly button is so irritating that I wear mid rise jeans because jeans cut at the waist make the pudge so obvious especially when I sit down.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I would like to get to 132-135 or so. I was at 135-138 until last summer and that was pretty close to where I wanted to be--needed to lose a little more off my stomach. Trying to get back down...
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Im between 5'5 and 5'6 and right now i weigh 183 but would like to get down to 150, with my ultimate goal weight being probably 130. Depends on how i feel when i reach 150.
  • jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and starting weight was 180.
    CW is 166
    My goal right now is 135 but I would like to get down to 125.
    Before I had kids I was 110 but I was told I was too thin.
  • trellshantel
    trellshantel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'5

SW: 185
    CW:158
    Goal: between 130- 120
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my goal right now is 130. CW 157
  • TammiBrewer
    TammiBrewer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4
    SW: 226
    CW: 220
    GW: 160
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 153lbs but I have a large frame and am naturally quite muscular so my goal is 140. I was aiming for 125 originally but I have realised that it wouldn't be a healthy weight for me (given that I'm currently an AU size 8).
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    5'4. Goal Weight Is 140. UGW Is 135. At that weight, Id probably look like 120..I definitely look thinner then what I weigh.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    My goal is 140. I am 5'5"...I have been 135 and feel that was borderline too low for my frame and muscles.I would never want to go lower than that unless I was in a competition. More interested in decreasing my body fat and increasing my muscle mass. I am 180 now. I start feeling fabulous around 152. I actually feel fine now. I can run a 5K and wear a 10. If I get lower, great. If not, my fitness goals are more about increasing the amount of weight I can lift, being able to get inverted in my pole dancing class, and increasing my run speed. Also learning and trying new activities are much more important to me than how I look. My goals are about my strength, endurance and vital signs. I can't please anyone but myself and I find meeting fitness challenges is more pleasing to me than having weight-related goals (but I am also a recovering bulimic, so I've spent a lot of time trying to get my mind off my weight).

Good luck to everyone with their individual goals!

Right now I am doing heavy weights 2-3 times per week for 30 minutes, running a couple of miles 2-3 times per week, and taking a pole class. I also mix in other activities for a total of about 5 hours of exercise per week including the previously mentioned ones but also: swimming, elliptical, Jillian Michaels DVDs, hiking, walking and cross country skiing. I am on my feet for 36 hours per week in my job. That's part of the reason I don't want to be thin; I really can't be. I am well above average active, eat 1600-2100 calories per day and am still quite overweight.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I go from around 5'2" to 5'4", depending on the day (it sounds weird, but it's true XD), and here are my stats:

SW: 168.5
    CW: 124.25
    GW: 118 or 118.5 (not sure which one would appease my OCD more lol)

I got my BF% tested awhile ago, and assuming that I retain my LBM, I'll be at a BF% that makes me happy at that weight. That, and it'll be 50 or 50.5 lbs lost :)
  • alishawesomesauce
    Options
    I'm almost 5'6'' and I weigh about 142 currently. I'd like to get under 130. Just to say I'm in the 120's. Although honestly I'm not extremely concerned about weight, more size. I want to fit into size 4 jeans regularly. To be able to go to a store, pick them up and be pretty confident they'll fit.
  • fishlover888
    Options
    5'5 here - My goal weight is 140 lbs, but more importantly for me right now is to get below 20% Body fat. In an 'ideal world' I'd love to weight 120-130 but I think I've realized with the amount of muscle I want to stay as fit as I want, I'll never get down that low. (current 152, starting 157)

Another goal for me is a 27' waist

I prefer % body fat, lean muscle mass, or waist measurement goals because weight can really be so inaccurate...
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My goal is somewhere between 160 and 150. But it's more a look I'm going for and a certain strength and flexibility level than a number.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    5'5" and currently at 148.6 going to 135. I've been around this weight for several years, do strength training and so am pretty muscular, also a medium build with a pear shape. Size 10 currently. I'm also 54.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, I currently weigh 143. I'd like to get down to 130 and then somewhere between 130-125. We shall see! One pound at a time!
  • UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and I range from 124-127. I lift weights as well as cardio about 3-4 times a week. I have a pretty fit body but I am wondering why my weight has gone up (staying around 127) since I've been counting my calories and exercising regularly. My calorie goal for the day is 1200 and I usually burn 500-600 calories per work out. Its a bit discouraging but I'm wondering if maybe its the new muscle I have gained. Has anyone else had this similar issue?

Yes, I had this happening to me not too long ago. I am 5'3 and 116 pounds, and MFP calculated my calorie goal to 1200c.
    I started doing P90x (weight lifting) and started running again - nothing over the top, 5-7k.

Soon I started feeling unwell and I could tell I was not getting the results I should be getting with my training, I upped my calories to about 1400c and already I see a difference. When this da!n snow goes away I plan on starting a half marathon training and will be upping my calories again to probably 1800.

You need to put fuel in your body so it can work properly - tone up, build muscles, give you the energy you need to reach yor goals. Try upping your calories for a month and I bet you'll see a difference.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    5'4", and a goal of 115-120lb, 18-20%BF. I'd be elated if I could reach 125 at this point though *sigh*, I've been stuck at the 130 mark for about 4-5 months now.