what exercise to do to burn 500 calories

Options
124»

Replies

• karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I burn just over 500 on the stationary bike in 45 minutes, and it feels effortless.
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories you burn depends on your current weight and intensity level. So the heavier you are the more calories you should burn. Try some interval training for at least 30 minutes. Jumping rope also burns alot of calories in a short amount of time.
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You might try this website: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calories_burned.htm . You put in your age/height/weight and how many calories you want to burn, and it spits out a whole list of activities you could do and how long you would need to do them. I've been using it and it's really helpful when I have a specific target range and am bored with my current routine.

Thank you. Awesome site!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Im 42 years old, 5'5" and weigh 166.
    I run / Walk for 30 minutes.
    I have started using the elipitcal.
    I want to lose 19lbs by the end of June.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    On average, people burn 100 calories every 10 minutes. The bigger you are, the higher your heart rate during exercise, and the more calories you burn within that 10 minute time frame. But a good and fair average is 100 calorie burn every 10 minutes of high impact exercise. I burn 500 calories in about 45 minutes doing 20-30 minutes of cardio then the rest weightlifting. I burn around 300 calories when I take my 30 minute tennis lessons. So, just do something high impact: running, speed walking on incline, racquetball, weightlifting, spin, etc.

Why does it have to be high impact? I get a good burn doing aquatic exercise with pretty much no impact (I have arthritis and cannot handle much impact).
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Kick boxing! Zumba! Step aerobic will kick your butt!! Or just start running! Or bicycling!

Also calesthetics if you up the intensity.

I see some peopel post big burns with weights.. but I don't thinki get that much of a burn from it..

P.S. Thanks for teh site! Awesome