What's your favorite (HEALTHY!) snack???

Options

Replies

• CocoaBeautiful78
    Options
    I have 2 new favs right now....

Six Star Triple Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (1 scoop), 1 cup Silk Almond Milk, 5 ice cubes. Mix in blender. I added a banana today but I didn't like it so I will eat it separate next time. Tastes like a milkshake to me!

1/2 cup plain Dannon Oikos greek yogurt and 3/4 cup Nature's Path Organic Pumpkin Flax Granola. Sooooo good!
  • Adre_N_aline
    Options
    Roasted red pepper hummas on baby carrots! Freaking awesome!!!:smokin:
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Celery .. just satisfies my urge to eat something. Better than that bag of potato chips I figure. I also love pears, apples and nectarines.

I used to drink Diet Pepsi like crazy .. that was my go to item. But now I am just doing things smarter. Seems to be working.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and pop tarts. If you're going to say "those aren't healthy", explain why.
  • LucyDel1
    Options
    Clementines! They taste like nature's candy! :)
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt, frozen blueberries and honey. Sometimes I blend the frozen berries and then freeze the whole thing until it's like ice cream.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm not as exciting as everyone else, but I LOVE my Kashi Go Lean with unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
  • Coraddy
    Options
    Omega trail mix from Trader Joes,granola bars,fruit/nut bars (kind brand 150 ish calories),string cheese,yogurt,pretzel thins,Special K cracker chips,hummus and veggies,hard boiled eggs,crackers,cheese,popcorn,fruit,...that's about the extent of my snacks...I can't really think of anything else.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Banana mixed with greek yogurt and honey, and then frozen :) it's kinda like icecream nom nom

Yum! Thank you!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and pop tarts. If you're going to say "those aren't healthy", explain why.

Because you ate them. :tongue:
  • Coraddy
    Options
    Oh the other snack I eat often and this is when I'm pretty hungry and need a pick me up.Toast with peanut butter,half a banana,raisins and shredded coconut.Sometimes I use almond butter instead or sprinkle cinnamon too.Mmmm.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Sliced up banana, with crunchy peanut butter sprinkled with cinnamon and an ice cold cup of milk.
  • small_town_jubilant
    Options
    1. "BAKED" APPLES in the microwave--Take a small apple (approx 4 oz), 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon water, 1 teaspoon no-calorie sweetener, and 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch. Put it all in a bag and cook it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Approx. 59 calories.

2. VEGGIE STRAWS. Delicious and only 130 cals for 38 of them! WAYYY lower than regular potato chips because it is baked, not fried. Also, they have hidden veggies in them. :)

3. SAUTEED BANANA- Take a zero calorie non-stick spray and lightly coat a pan of choice (I use an iron skillet). Cut banana in 1/2 inch slices and cook on med/high until browned on the outside.

4. BANANA CHOCOLATE BURRITO-Take a whole wheat tortilla or pita bread and add sauteed bananas (see recipe above) and 1/2 TBSP dark chocolate syrup;I use Hershey's. The dark syrup can be used bcause the bananas are already sweet enough. You can also spread 1/2 TBSP of peanut butter on the tortilla if you want.

5. SPRING POPPY LEMON CUPCAKES--
    Mix 1 Cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder. 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 tsp ginger (optional).
    Stir in 1 TBSP poppy seeds, 2 TBSP Lemon juice, 1/4 Cup Skim milk, 3 TBSP Lite Pancake syrup (I use Kroger brand), 3 TBS no-calorie sweetener, 1/4 Cup Light margarine (I use Blue Bunny).
    Bake @355 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 6 moist and dense cupcakes that are approx. only 125 calories each.

6. BANANA ICECREAM- Freeze a banana in chunks. Put in a food processor and blend until smooth(optional:add 1-2 teaspoons of milk if neccessary). You can also add cocoa powder or peanut butter.

7. RICE CAKES. I also sometimes add 1/2 TBSP of peanut butter and a little honey to lightly salted rice cakes.

8.EGG SUBSTITUTE. Hot stuff seems to fill me up really quickly, and egg substitute is low calorie to begin with!

9. HOT TEA WITH SWEETENER. mmmMmm I have been drinking a lot of White Blueberry Tea lately...

As you can tell, I love sweets.... :D So, not neccessarily "healthy", but low calorie, yes!
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    frozen banana blended with dates - tastes like vanilla/caramel ice cream

kale chips - I like Brad's brand Jalapeno and Vegan Cheese

Choconana Smoothie - Frozen Banana, dates, raw cocoa powder, and crushed ice. Soooo good!

Apple slices slathered with crunchy peanut butter - tastes like a snickers bar

Orville Redenbacher's Simply Salted Popcorn - not the healthiest but it's delicious

Hummus with garlic pita chips
  • cpsf73
    Options
    dried apricots with almonds
    dried apricots with cheese
    apple and cheese
    greek yogurt
    fruit -- apples, oranges, bananas, grapes
    almonds
  • walk_fit
    walk_fit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My go to snack is celery with indivdual hummus cups. I have suffered with constipation for years and this has helped me immensely. Just found this miraculous cure .
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    forgot to include quote.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    This is my new favourite - just discovered it..!

Heat slices of apple sprinkled with cinnamon, in a bowl in the microwave for 3 minutes.
    Tastes like hot apple pie, but super healthy and sooo yummy!

Oh, that sounds so good!
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    banana + peanut butter
    dry cereal (not the healthiest but i go for nonsugary/whole grains etc)
    oatmeal + almond milk
    oh and i eat this as a snack or lunch but egg white omelette with ketchup mm