How do I tighten up my face

Options
jmkmomm
jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
One of my goals in losing weight was to lose my chipmunk face. Well I am but in it's place I am gaining a sagging face. What can I do???? Plus I have these big bags under my eyes. I guess there was fat there also

Replies

• HungryKoala
    Options
    Oh man! Oh man! I am so excited! This is something I KNOW about! Hooray!

Okay so you're gonna want the following.

A cleanser (this should be customized for YOUR skin mostly creme cleansers for dry and gel cleansers for oily)
    A Toner (this balances the PH of your skin since washing and cleansing sets it off a bit)
    A Moisturizer, I suggest FOR ALL SKINS clinique 'moisture surge' for your eyes Clinique 'All about eye's' creme, you can even get that stuff IN your eyes and it wont hurt..

(HEAT OPENS PORES TO CLEAN EM)
    So steam your face either while you take a hot shower, or put a hot washcloth on your face for like 10 min, if it gets even a little cold, reheat that thing. (Skip the heat if you have rosacea cuz it will piss your skin off, BAD.

Cleanse your face gently once with your fingertips and warm water, THEN clean them with a washcloth and cleanser.

Next step is important for tightening, rinse with warm water and then double rinse with COLD water, if you can handle it run an ice cube around your face, this tightens your skin, closes pores and is great for your skin blood flow.

Then run a toner over your face, let it air dry.

Next, moisturize, pushing your skin UPWARD, never down, push your neck skin back, cheeks up and forehead out. Do this twice a day like a religion and your skin will LOVE you.

Repechage has some great products (I avoid clinique cleansers and toners, even thought the moisturizers I suggesting are AMAZING.

You could always give yourself or go get a facial, or even a chemical peel (You want a low % peel like a 20% lactic acid peel.

If you have any questions or want product suggestions or need instructions let meh know, I'm an esthetician. Tis what I do.
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    With your eyes, use the ice cube as well, Always use your ring fingers to apply eye creme.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Face yoga..saw it on Kelly and Michael.

You can google it.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    GREAT REPLY IM WORRIED ABOUT THE SAME THING
  • kaliso
    kaliso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Such a thorough answer! I love it, I've been googling "how to firm your face after weight loss" and it gives some whacky answers. I will definitely try this!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

You can google it.

Face yoga?!?!

4186746-1x1-940x940.jpg
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Oh man! I am so excited! This is something I KNOW about! Hooray!

Okay so you're gonna want the following.

A cleanser (this should be customized for YOUR skin mostly creme cleansers for dry and gel cleansers for oily)
    A Toner (this balances the PH of your skin since washing and cleansing sets it off a bit)
    A Moisturizer, I suggest FOR ALL SKINS clinique 'moisture surge' for your eyes Clinique 'All about eye's' creme, you can even get that stuff IN your eyes and it wont hurt..

(HEAT OPENS PORES TO CLEAN EM)
    So steam your face either while you take a hot shower, or put a hot washcloth on your face for like 10 min, if it gets even a little cold, reheat that thing. (Skip the heat if you have rosacea cuz it will piss your skin off, BAD.

Cleanse your face gently once with your fingertips and warm water, THEN clean them with a washcloth and cleanser.

Next step is important for tightening, rinse with warm water and then double rinse with COLD water, if you can handle it run an ice cube around your face, this tightens your skin, closes pores and is great for your skin blood flow.

Then run a toner over your face, let it air dry.

Next, moisturize, pushing your skin UPWARD, never down, push your neck skin back, cheeks up and forehead out. Do this twice a day like a religion and your skin will LOVE you.

Repechage has some great products (I avoid clinique cleansers and toners, even thought the moisturizers I suggesting are AMAZING.

You could always give yourself or go get a facial, or even a chemical peel (You want a low % peel like a 20% lactic acid peel.

If you have any questions or want product suggestions or need instructions let meh know, I'm an esthetician. Tis what I do.

Have done all of this except the chemical peel. Still have a saggy face. :cry:
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options

You can google it.

Face yoga?!?!

4186746-1x1-940x940.jpg

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! There goes my tea, a fountain from my mouth. :laugh:
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    use a firming and lifting moisturizer and eye cream. I love Algenist but it is pricey.
  • yancymichele
    yancymichele Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Does witch hazel work as a good toner? I was looking at my jowls today they are starting to sag. :sad:
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    Witch hazel is a good product, mostly in the jaw area and cheeks, you're gonna want to massage your whole face upward, put your palms on the side of your chin and always do upward movements applying a good moisturizer, I cannot stress how good face massages are for you! ... I wonder if I can find that thing to show you guys some techniques...

It takes time, doing it yourself twice a day, but its a great relaxing ritual and your skin will love you for it and improve greatly over time.

*goes to rummage for instructional video*
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    witch hazel will temporarily close up your pores but its not going to lift sagging skin. I wish!
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    HERE IT IS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nknsl8_ODqU

This will give you some great info on the muscles in your face and how to massage em correctly
  • aquaventure
    Options
    also interested in this. My issue is more with wrinkles in addition to the sagging.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

You can google it.

Face yoga?!?!

4186746-1x1-940x940.jpg

Yes,that's exactly what it looked like!
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Staying hydrated is the best thing you can do. After a certain age our skin simply loses a lot of elasticity.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have really noticed the advance of age in my less fatty face. I have jowls that weren't there before. Not sure I have the patience to do all the cleansing/toning/massage stuff twice a day. I do use a facecloth (no soap or cleanser) twice a day and use moisturizer at night. I don't often wear makeup anymore - only if it is some "special" function and then I do use a cleanser. I figure the sagging and jowls are just part of aging and, short of a facelift, there is not a lot I can do to change it.