P90X Fat Man - Phase 3!!

Options

Replies

• swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well, I missed a day of P90X. Here's what happened. I had a friend drop by and he ended up staying long and we sorta talked through my regular work out time. We also talked through the scheduled time for a lot of other things. Before I knew it, I had to start my regular evening work.

So, here's what I doing to make up for it. Today I did what I should have done yesterday, Shoulders and Arms. And I'll keep going a day off like that until Sunday, which should have been my rest day, which I'll skip this week. That should get me back on schedule for Monday.

Oh well. I'll just keep going.

Today was pretty awesome! I was able to up the weights on a few of my sets, so that was cool. I fee like I'm doing great on the upper body stuff. I always find that encouraging.

Yoga tomorrow. It'll be a little tough working in the 1.5 hours on a Friday, but I'm sure I can do it.
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Yoga was ok today. Not fantastic, but just ok. I'm back to having trouble kicking my leg up. I guess I was just pretty sore and stiff today.

I've been thinking a lot about my nutrition. Recently I've been doing pretty bad at it. I was doing well when my family was off on vacation and I could control what was in the house better and what was prepared.

I have been staying under calories, but I feel like the healthy aspects of my diet are slipping back into the old mode.

So, I think what I need to do is go with the P90X diet plan. Grocery day is tomorrow, so if I move fast enough, I hope to start this on Monday. But I may need to push it to next week.
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Yesterday was a bad day. Sigh. I mean it was a lot of fun. We took our family out of town to a couple of places, and that means we ate out twice. I told myself that I'd do my workout when I got home, and then we didn't get home until after 10pm. Long story short, I skipped Core Synergistics completely :(

What I learned is that if we are planning on having a busy day, I need to get up earlier and do my workout first, and not push it back like that.

Today was a great day of Kenpo, however, after slacking off like that I felt like I really had some extra energy to spend. I did pretty well. I had to pause a couple of times, but that was because I was really pushing it. And that made me think. Maybe I should be pushing hard enough to have to pause occasionally.

Choose fitness each day! (And if you get lazy one day, like me, choose fitness the next!)
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Choose fitness each day! (And if you get lazy one day, like me, choose fitness the next!)

Amen!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Pretty good CST day today. I was able to do a lot of knee pushups. I'm working on keeping my butt down more and I can feel that in my core. I really need to be doing the Ab Ripper X, but I keep shying away from it because I find it so hard. I'm definitely going to do it each time on the next round. I kind of want to finish this one strong.
  • bleaknimue
    bleaknimue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    THis is like, the best thread ever. Just so you know, bro.

whoot! ^_^
  • swashburn3
    Options
    THis is like, the best thread ever. Just so you know, bro.

whoot! ^_^

Haha! Thanks sis!

So, yesterday was another crazy day, but fortunately I did my CardioX in the morning before we got going, so all is good! I had to pause a couple of times around the swing kicks, but it went very well

Today was Back and Biceps. I really like this routine though it knocks a lot out of me right now. But I'm getting there.

I have 11 days to go until I finish P90X Lean!

WOOHOO!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Had a fine day with YogaX today. I was really strong with the moves, but my balance was pretty bad. Overall, it was a good day.
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Core went great today! I had to pause during my modified prison cell pushups. I continue to skip the Dreya roll. But I can notice my newly added strength, especially in the upper body.

9 days left! I'm getting really close!
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Like those prison cell push ups! still cannot do the dreya roll. I have to give them a try at school with a good mat. then I might have the confidence to try them at home....or just bring a mat home one weekend and practice!

9 days! you are almost there! I am very proud of you! This is an amazing accomplishment!
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I cant stand at all for dreya rolls, I just kinda roll on my back lift my legs up high almost into a shoulder stand and thats it while laying on my mat.. Or if you have a couch you can sit on the couch and bring your legs up that way.
  • harlychic
    harlychic Posts: 58
    Options
    You are doing great keep going and finish Strong.
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Today was another crazy Saturday. We had city easter egg hunts in the morning and I had to babysit the boys after lunch while my wife went to work. I thought I'd get a chance to do my Kenpo while watching the boys but they were rather needy for attention today.

So, I did it just a little while ago after they were in bed. It went very well! It's so cool how I can make it through the whole program. I remember when I started this, the first set of punches were getting me winded. I still have a way to go, in fact the parts I struggle with most are the stretches at the beginning and the X Jacks during the breaks, lol.

Almost into the last week, just XStretch tomorrow!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Hi guys and gals. I'm back. I've been pretty sick the past few days, but I'm mostly recovered now. XStretch was pretty nice today. My muscles and joints were so sore this morning, but I felt a lot better after stretching. I also finished KenpoX last night before bed.

So, I'm back at the regular schedule. Oh, I don't think I got to mention that I'm in the last week!! Tomorrow is CardioX. Looking forward to it. :)
  • mimy1984
    mimy1984 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started that program and it is pretty hard. Should meet my goal by summer if I keep it up.. Good luck to you
  • LadyRuhon
    LadyRuhon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love wacky jacks and the way I modify the Dreya Roll is by rocking on my back almost into a shoulder stand then rolling forward into a V-sit or "boat pose" in yoga. I hold that for her stand and jump then we roll back together. It takes a lot of core to stop the roll with the V-sit and not continue falling forward, but it's easier than getting all the way up and jumping. Keep up the good work!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    I just started that program and it is pretty hard. Should meet my goal by summer if I keep it up.. Good luck to you

Great! Keep pressing play every day and you'll get there!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    I love wacky jacks and the way I modify the Dreya Roll is by rocking on my back almost into a shoulder stand then rolling forward into a V-sit or "boat pose" in yoga. I hold that for her stand and jump then we roll back together. It takes a lot of core to stop the roll with the V-sit and not continue falling forward, but it's easier than getting all the way up and jumping. Keep up the good work!

That's a great idea! I'll be trying that next time around.
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Whew! So the pukeys came back yesterday and I didn't get the workout in. Today was supposed to be YogaX, but I didn't feel like flipping my stomach upside down and emptying it's contents just yet, so I did CardioX instead (what should have been yesterdays). I took it easy too, but still got a nice workout.

So, this is it. I just have XStretch tomorrow and that's the 90 days! :) Well, its a little bit less than that because of the days I missed, but I'll give a full report on that in a couple of days.

I really need to get the nutrition side in shape. I'm going to be going through the nutrition plan and figuring out a meal plan for the next run.