Dirty old man at the gym

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    That's seriously yuk..I think I'd told him to piss off..people think just because they are old, they can get away with it :huh:
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    So I see this old man at the gym. He is overweight, wearing khakis and suspenders, and walking with a cane. I think to myself, good for him. Until I get on the angled leg curl machine. The equipment in my gym is super close together, so when people walk by, you have to pull your legs in, or they don't have room to walk by. So I have 90 lbs on the machine, which is a lot for me. The old man goes to walk by, so I pull my legs in and hold them in. He stops directly in front of me. I tell him he has to move, cause I can't hold this weight in any longer and I will kick him. So he slowly shuffles over. I release the weights, finally, and the dirty old man reaches down, tickles my feet, and says "gitchee gitchee goo." Seriously???? Wtf!! I told him he best get his hands off me quick!

What creepy people have you run into in the gym??

You should have kicked him and gave him a need for TWO canes. A disability doesn't automatically exempt him from consequences. If it were me, next time I saw this chump, he'd meet the pavement, just cause. Leeway is for those who are afraid of taking action and direct effect of action. Random Strange People need to know up front, as long as you are alive, this shall never be acceptable.

I read this, and immediately pictured the old man thief bit from *kitten*. "You'd do this to an old man?" "An old man who steals? I can't believe this."

Age does not suddenly exempt someone from being a moron, pervert, criminal, sicko, or complete idiot. I hold older people to a higher standard, they've lived longer, so they are supposed to know better. And if they don't, I'll educate them.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    I spent quite a few years working in nursing homes with plenty of pervy old guys. I heard this guy tell another woman that he was working out while his wife was in zumba class. He had all of his faculties, as he easily could figure out the machines. And its not like I'm a young one! Totally creeped me out. If he tries it again, I will report him.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    I kind of have this internal detector thing where I can tell when someone is actually trying to be a creep and when someone just doesn't know better and does not mean it in that way XD

I can tell by seein where their *other* hand is.
    You should have kicked him and gave him a need for TWO canes. A disability doesn't automatically exempt him from consequences. If it were me, next time I saw this chump, he'd meet the pavement, just cause. Leeway is for those who are afraid of taking action and direct effect of action. Random Strange People need to know up front, as long as you are alive, this shall never be acceptable.

*pretty* sure that's not exactly how things would go down.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    I can't wait to be a dirty old man instead of just a dirty man.

P.S. I'm totally going to rock some suspenders and a bow-tie.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Yea, that dude is seriously creepy, but so awful at it that I can't help but laugh! More pathetic than dangerous, really.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    I used to be a dirty young man...then I got older.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    36638j.jpg
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    In commercial gyms, old men drying themselves in the locker room, in the middle of the route between showers/toilets and main room, one foot on a central seating section, taking at least 15-20 mins to dry each ball.

Why? Really, why?

Hahaha, you wouldn't believe that stuff that happens in the female locker room.

One time at my gym, I just got out of the shower and was walking back to my locker when I saw this older lady (maybe like 55-60) with one leg propped on the bench and a handheld mirror in her hand, plucking away at her vajayjay. I was permanently scarred.

oh dear lord...
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    In commercial gyms, old men drying themselves in the locker room, in the middle of the route between showers/toilets and main room, one foot on a central seating section, taking at least 15-20 mins to dry each ball.

Why? Really, why?

One time at my gym, I just got out of the shower and was walking back to my locker when I saw this older lady (maybe like 55-60) with one leg propped on the bench and a handheld mirror in her hand, plucking away at her vajayjay. I was permanently scarred.

Oh my gawd. Wtf people. It's called a public bathroom bc. It's used by everyone not for people to landscape their goodies. Yuck!

maybe they were confused and thought it was a PUBIC bathroom
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Report for sure.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    i hope you reported him... no one should be tickled with gitche gitche goo...

alot of the creepy old men like to hit on the girls with yoga pants.... those pants are like kryptonite
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    My dad is 80, and although he doesn't go to gyms, it's something I could see him doing. Why? Because his generation is very different from ours. He isn't all there in the head, and things he does he thinks is funny. Funny in a friendly way, not a pervy way. I'm constantly having to explain to him why he can't say or do things in public because these days it's interpreted as being pervy or not acceptable. I think it's pretty easy to spot those that are dirtbags and those that are just being silly or friendly.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member

Why? Really, why?

Ewwwww at what point do people think this sort of thing is acceptable in front of other people!?! Closet exhibitionists should stay in the closet!!!!!!

Trust me, at least once a week I want to wash my eyes out with acid to try and erase some of the images I've seen.......
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    I stay out of the gym!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    There's a chick that always works out barefoot at the gym.

Ewww!
    I'd rather see people barefoot than orange and squeezed into tight, short, too small clothing, with rolls of ick hanging out. Like my mom used to say, you can't stuff a 20lb turd in a 10lb bag. Well they try.. but it's nasty. lol
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    :laugh: that's so funny! I pictured the perve tickling you! I'd have cussed the @ss hole out! And warned him if he came within 5ft of me again I'd knock him out!
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Men from that generation lived in a time where it was perfectly fine to treat women like that and far worse. I was astounded at some of the stories my aunt has told me of how men treated her at her job back in the day.
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    I haven't met anyone too creepy, thank goodness. I get the occasional comment on flexibility (I was a dancer for a long time growing up, and my stretching routine still reflects that), but for the most part people have been cool. It may help that my husband is my workout buddy :).
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    So I see this old man at the gym. He is overweight, wearing khakis and suspenders, and walking with a cane. I think to myself, good for him. Until I get on the angled leg curl machine. The equipment in my gym is super close together, so when people walk by, you have to pull your legs in, or they don't have room to walk by. So I have 90 lbs on the machine, which is a lot for me. The old man goes to walk by, so I pull my legs in and hold them in. He stops directly in front of me. I tell him he has to move, cause I can't hold this weight in any longer and I will kick him. So he slowly shuffles over. I release the weights, finally, and the dirty old man reaches down, tickles my feet, and says "gitchee gitchee goo." Seriously???? Wtf!! I told him he best get his hands off me quick!

What creepy people have you run into in the gym??

WOW! Well, let's see... There was the old Cuban guy that told me, "you sweat good," the handsome, young guy that referenced my nipples as I did my chest flies, the guy that made it his business to walk by me and stare at my *kitten* as I did lying leg curls (spoiler alert: I have a LARGE booty and I was lying on my stomach). He was even nice enough to just stop completely and stand over me (initially, unbeknownst to me), and the spinner instructor that CLEALY has a crush on me and prances back in forth in front of me in his spinning shorts, sans underwear (they're tight shorts and he's gotta jiggly booty) and with a MASSIVE BONER, before class as I sit in my car talking to my best friend before class begins.

Creepy enough???