Treadmill Inclined walk

Options
13»

Replies

• IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I kept the incline at 6% and speed at 5.5 km for 40 mins...I feel it was a great workout.I did not have to hold the rails....I loved it!Thanks for all your responses ..:smile::drinker: :happy:

Very nice! Good for you for trying a new thing too! You should be super proud :)
  • joken88
    joken88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It’s one of the best exercise routines you’ll ever do! I am a 55 year old male who has been using the treadmill for 25+ years. I am on no medication, have a resting heart rate in the 50s, very little belly fat and can keep up with most 20 somethings so, yes, the treadmill can be one of your best friends. Not only is a good for you physically, but it will help you immensely, mentally, because it is “your time” and you can play your favorite music and think about the things that are important to you while on the machine. My workout is 45-60 minutes at variable speeds between 4.0 and 4.5 mph at 10-15% incline. I do 2-3 intervals of 3.3 MPH at 3% for one minute in this set. I recently stopped, but when I was younger I would throw in 2 to 3 intervals of a quick sprint at 8.0 at 3% to keep the target heart rate up. On the steep inclines (over 10) I hold onto the top hand rails lightly and try to utilize most of my body (core and legs) to maintain the speed. Contrary to many beliefs of members on this site, holding onto the handle still gives me an extremely intense workout and I am drenched in sweat and my heart rate is above my target rate for most of the work out. Also, along with this work out, I try to get at least 15 to 30 minutes of weight training on different body parts each day to maintain my muscle mass. And, most importantly, I eat healthy - limiting my meat intake to fish and chicken breast and plenty of legumes, beans, fibers and salads (steel cut oatmeal for breakfast). I know that many of the experts will find plenty of flaws in my routine, however, it has helped me maintain my 30-year-old body into my 50s!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Post is from 7 years ago...