People who eat the same things every day

Options
1235»

Replies

• IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I do a version of this for many reasons:

1. I cook for myself only. It's easier to make four servings of something and eat the leftovers instead of just making one serving.
    2. I tend to cook on the weekends and eat what I cook throughout the week. This saves time on busy weekdays.
    3. I plan my meals in advance to help keep me within my calorie range. It takes the guesswork out of what I'm going to eat and helps me stay on track.
    4. It saves money! I buy what I need for the meals I'm cooking that week and end up wasting less food.

That being said, I allow flexibility in my food choices but I ALWAYS plan ahead. It helps to keep me within my goal. Twenty five pounds later, I'd say it's working. :-)
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch during the week, just for simplicity and time saving. I have whatever I want for dinner, usually anything I want will fit because the pre-planned breakfast and lunch leaves me plenty of macros left.

I find that on the days I don't plan ahead, I do go over. This is a learning process for me, and I am still learning how to eat on the run.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    People on here take one incidental thing you say and blow it all out of proportion! I do make healthy choices and I don't eat croissants or skip meals on a regular basis. Everyone eats a treat now and again, I am no different from anyone else.

well I think some of us found the orignal post to be confusing ...as you stated that it seems that people who eat the same thing everyday have a problem on hoidays, etc staying within their calorie goal, but you then proceeded to say that you do not eat the same thing every day, but then find that you eat something and do not know the caloire count and then go over your cals...

It was not an "incidental" thing that you said, it was more how you framed the post...
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My meals are mostly the same. I have a rotation for my meals during the week. I buy single salads that come with different toppings all the time to keep things different. I switich off with soups or sandwiches sometimes leftovers. Breakfast I keep the same. I mostly have smoothies on my work days cause it is easier for me to have during the day. Sometimes I will switch and have oatmeal or healthy muffin if I have time. At home I make different things to eat. I think it is easier during the weekdays to have the same things, so you don't have to think about it as much. As long as you are staying in your goals and are happy with what you are eating I don't see why eating the same would really matter.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I do eat a lot of the same stuff. Easy to track and still yummy. I read just a bit ago that mant people who maintain weight or a healthy lifestyle do the same.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I usually shop on Sunday and buy the same thing to make for breakfast and lunch all week. And then I will buy something different for the next week. It just makes it easier to log and grocery shop. My husband and I don't get home for dinner until 7:30 or 8:00 so we will have something easy like a piece of fish and a veg or I set the crockpot and then we eat that for a few nights. Then we usually eat out on Friday or Saturday night and I splurge, what some people like to call a "cheat meal".
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I normally eat the same first meal of the day (Brunch) which HAS to contain Pasta or i'd wilt,..... but my other meals vary.