Over 40, and struggled for years, found my boost finally!

Options

Replies

• newme1968
    Options
    I am 44 years old and I am excited about get my groove back on. I have lose 5lbs since joining mfp in Feb. 2013. I love the support and motivation I get from mfp. It is a wonderful group of people on this website. I love it! You can add me as a friend and we can support and motivate each other.
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    42 here, and back on the weight loss journey for the third time. Have found that everyone on this site is very helpful and brutally honest when you need it. Just what you need to keep on track and not get distracted.
    Anyone can feel free to add. We are all here to support each other.
    Good luck !
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be 42 in July & need all the help I can get. Go ahead & add me... I'll motivate you & you can motivate me.

... that goes for anyone here. All I ask is that you let me know who you are. :)
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Hey there, 47 in May, and making lifestyle changes and loving this site as it really keeps me on track and I've made great friends in the process.. Started in early Jan and have only seen a 10lb loss with a couple of gains but I am very motivated to getting it right, however, not in a huge hurry as it took half my life to gain and keep it. Good health is where I'm headed.. feel free to add me!

Thanks,
    Kristi
  • 2abnorth
    2abnorth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 49 and did the weight loss journey years ago. Went from 208 to 130 and now am into weight lifting so am up about 10 lbs, and down a lot of flab & inches. Feel free to send me a friend request (please put in where you saw this post.........just cuz I get more requests than I can sometimes handle LOL) Love MFP for keeping me motivated & active. I've learned the only way to lose weight is to just eat healthy, and hide your scale. Know that's a different definition for all!
  • aquaventure
    Options
    i think I hit all of you up with a friend request. If I missed you, sent one my way. I am 55 and decided with the new year that my life was quiet and I no longer had any excuses as to why I wasn't dealing with my weight. We live on a boat and travel all the time but since Christmas we are parked in Key West so that I can focus on me. I am down 8.5 lbs and going at this slow and steady. We will be staying put for another month and now I have to start looking at how to incorporate the exercise into our lifestyle as we begin to move again. Speaking of that I need to pedal my bicycle to the gym and talk to the trainer to set up some one on one training so I can learn what to do outside of the classes.
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Turning 47 in April. Looking for more friends for motivation and support. I will be sending friend requests. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and looking for some new friends to help keep me motivated. I was off MFP for about 8 months after getting incredibly frustrated with myself. I have thyroid issues so I am a slow loser but I know I can do this just need to be patient. I feel like I have been gaining and losing the same 5 lbls for over a year now. I work out and try to eat within my calorie restrictions (weekends are the hardest) but something always derails me. I am currently trying an alternate day diet plan where you eat 500 calories on two alternating days and the rest of the week you can eat what you want as long as you don't overindulge. Just need something to work here. I feel like I have tried everything!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Over 40 here also, I'm a runner but I didn't become one until in my late 30s, guess I was a late bloomer :bigsmile:

Add me if you like
  • purplekty
    purplekty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • princesspamelatransformation
    Options
    I'm 43 and very motivated to stay on track on this journey for better health. Feel free to send a friendship request.
  • sherry1214
    sherry1214 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and lost 15, I want to losse another 23. I gained a pound back this month. I to a weight mamnagement place through my husbands medical. I need to go back in and see why i gained a pound. i had lost 4 in January. We can all use support.

Sherry
  • tdotgirl
    tdotgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and soon to be 49 motivated to stay on track for healthly fit living. Feel free to send a friendship request.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Almost 43 and down about 25lbs total from my peak, most of that in the last few months. I'm using Tim Ferriss' Slow Carb diet (essential Primal with beans added) and using a bunch of online tools to track progress. This site for calorie and measurement tracking. In addition to weight I use a tape measure to measure both arms around the bicep, belly around the navel, hips, and both thighs. Sometimes when weight doesn't change, the other measurements do so you know the plan is still working.

i also use a site called DietBet to help keep motivated. You join a bet and pay something (usually $50) and have to lose 4% of bodyweight in a month. Those who do split the proceeds of the best minus Dietbet's cut. Having money on the line REALLY keeps you focused.

Also doing the Couch To 5K plan to get back into a running groove. Loving it all so far.
  • Shelialouise66
    Options
    Have been at this for a little bit, weight is coming off slower, but I am determined to complete this. I would love fabulous over 40 friends. I think we understand each others struggles a little better and we can offer support and tips to one another.
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 and after college I didnt transition well. I gained weight and never stopped. So, now I'm about 80lbs over weight. It's not because I have children. I just didn't integrate physical activity and eating well in my life. I just started my career, worked, and ate what I wanted. I haven't learned how to put the best of both worlds together, yet. But I refuse to give up.

Add me as a friend if you want.
  • cpope
    cpope Posts: 5
    Options
    Started MFP in January, I've only lost 4 lbs even though going to the gym 3 times a week. Blowing it on the weekends I guess so I could use all the encouragement I can get. I will recepicate. Please add me as a friend and we can all encourage each other!!
  • Angie52732
    Angie52732 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I will be 49 in July. I have been up and down my entire adult life - never getting below 180. I hit my all time high of 295 December 2010. I started watching things a bit over the next several months and got down to about 285. July 2011 I walked into a boot camp facility in my area and haven't looked back. It kicked my *kitten* and no one in there right mind would have gone back a 2nd time after the 1st session I had. But I did and I kept going. I am now down to 235 - had gotten to 220 but life obstacles from August last year got in my way (18 year old son broke his arm requiring surgery and 2 weeks later husband was admitted to hospital for stroke level blood pressure problems - it has taken almost 4-6 months to get him regulated to where he is starting to feel human again - and I let myself slide). I work 40+ hours at my paying job and we own a plumbing company and I manage the bookwork for that along with any after hour service calls. I did not miss much boot camp during that time, but didn't focus on the eating.

I am back on track - have been logging my foot on here for the last week and have upped the exercise. I still have about 70-80 lbs to lose and would love some extra friends.

It's amazing how it has taken us so long to finally find our boost or confidence to finally get this under control. I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Angie
  • icmefit
    Options
    If I have missed adding anyone, please send me a request,. I lost track, sorry, I'm hoping this will be a safe Site free from critisim and harsh expectations, where we can talk freely without ridicule. I'm so excited to have so many friends join :)
  • ryckryck
    ryckryck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 48 and looking for a support group.