Over 40, and struggled for years, found my boost finally!

Options

Replies

• ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I Am 47 and started diet and exercise for a month. Just joined this forum 2 days ago. Lost 10 lbs and 20-30 to go. Looks like a good bunch of people. Enjoy my new found body. Way more energy than before.started at 205 got down to 195, want to get to 175.
  • lyndabraczynski
    Options
    Would love to. i am new to this how do I add friends?
  • TEEPEE40
    TEEPEE40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here! In my 40's struggled and now feeling like I'm back on track.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 38, is that close enough??
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Will be 41 this year and struggled and yoyo'd for years. Feel free to add me... :)
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 43, and a working mom of 2. I have lost 20lbs, but still have a long way to go 'til goal. I've kind of stalled out and would love some new ideas, support, motivation!!! Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • AubreysGranny2013
    Options
    44 here and want to be a hottie granny before I turn 45 in a couple of months, anyone serious about losing and wanting to buddy up for motivation and encouragement, feel free to add me
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Hello MFP friends, I'm turning 38 (mentally i'm in my 40s) and find the magic of being good to myself off and on. Today I saw an article that stated something like "Im sorry to my body for abusing it." Just those words made an impact on me, for now.:smile:
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 43, have just one child, work a full time job and need to lose somewhere between 60 - 70 pounds. Taking it one day at a time. Discovered a phen-phen supplement about 14 years ago and the weight just flew off. Umm, didn't stay that way. So now I have found Zumba (LOVE!) and I'm earning every lost pound the hard way! Says I've lost 14 but I am closer to 20 because I was in denial when I started and actually weighed 5 more pounds than what I input! Good luck on your journey!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and have lost 80 lbs. over the last 2 years...I am basically on a fitness journey now as my weight is pretty much staying the same. I would love to have some others that are serious about fitness and will help to motivate me and that I can help motivate. I workout at least 5 days a week and love running!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me. 134 pounds since July 1st.
  • anglxanadu27
    Options
    Sent you a request :smile: Let me know if u need help with anything.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    48 and proud but will be prouder when i reach my perfect self xx
  • kkmang2910
    Options
    48 this year. Struggle mostly due to stress. Exercising 6 days a week. Sticking to around 1000 cals daily. It's working now. Don't be a slave to the numbers on the scale - that's a hard one to follow. I just keep my measurements and have a body composition done every now and again to keep me motivated that everything is going in the right direction. MFP has been a real find. Glad to be part of the group!
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 in August. I have a few short term goals that will get me to my ultimate goal by August or soon after. I was always a thin child and adult until 25. My mom died, had a miscarriage and just started being an emotional eater. Well I am ready to completely let go of this weight. I have only lost 8 pounds so far and some inches. I would have been depressed if it wasn't for those before and after pics I took. I do not want to go into my 40's being obese. I do Zumba 5-6 days a week and walk the other 1-2 days. I have recently gone from 30-40 min of exercise to 60 min. I hope to keep the motivation to get to my goals. Good Luck to everyone. :wink:
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    56 - soon to be 57 and working to be a Fabulous Fifty something! Let's do this!!!
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm still in my 40s (just) so will be sending a friend request and, hopefully, we can keep each other motivated :)
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    In my 40's as well
    feel free to add me
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Am 48 and started this journey at beginning of this month. Already seeing progress.
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I will be turning 56 in March and losing weight is harder in my 50's than it was a decade ago. I guess it is muscle loss. I would love to join a group of people that are ready to lose and keep each other motivated.