• ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    omg I am extremely jelly of your vacation
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Ok peeps heres the deal...
    I'll be heading to America in June and need feedback, advice, recommendations etc.

I arrive @ LAX 9th June, Universal Studios 10th, Disneyland 11th, Adventure Park 12th.
    Head to Sea world in San Diego 13th, Explore San Diego 14th (is the zoo & safari worth seeing?)
    15th-19th Im in Vegas: seeing DL Hughley 15th, Eddie Griffin 17th. Anything else I should consider?
    20th-25th NY: site seeing and need suggestions!
    26th-29th: Explore Miami 26th & 27th, attend my bros bodybuilding comp 28th & 29th. Afterparty at Club LIV.
    30th-6th July: Caribbean Carnival Cruise.
    7th: Return to Gold Coast, Queensland Australia!

What have I missed that HAS TO BE SEEN in USA?!!
    Whos gonna be my tour guide?
    Who has the hook ups for Theme Park tix or VIP nightlife experiences?
    Anyone been on the Carnival Breeze Cruiseship?

All input/feedback/suggestions/info/hook-ups will be greatly appreciated!

are u taking me with u? and you can take me home for a month after that too, then ill be all satisfied with exploring and can come back to the...boring europe :P
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think that most people have covered NYC.

As for the shore, it is kind of a wreck, but they are rebuilding quickly to be ready for the summer. By late May things may be very different. If you can travel a little further south, the shore is in much better shape. Places like Atlantic City, Avalon, and Wildwood are definitely in business.

I do second the gentleman that suggested you rent a bike and ride through the Smokey Mountains (or just drive up and go on a hike or two). I recognize this is a large stretch, but they are beautiful and May would be great weather.
  • sheldonsteyn
    sheldonsteyn Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @witchblade612: You are more than welcome to join in the fun haha!

@blably: Im sure Europe cant be that bad! I plan on visiting there year after next! (next yr is Brazil for soccer worldcup!)

@mbk830: Yeah I think I'll give the shore a miss, only really wanted to go there as I am/was addicted to the MTV series of Jersy Shore lol.
    As for mountains and scenery goes, I'm not sure if you have ever been to Australia but we have A LOT of amazing scenery here including mountain ranges that extend nearly the entire east coast of Australia and a coral reef that is just as long! (google "the great dividing range" and "the great barrier reef")
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    Arizona! You've got to see redrock country.
  • Larzp
    Larzp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Walk the Brooklyn Bridge from Brooklyn to Manhattan. Best place for photos in the US.
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    OK I have all of LA, Anaheim, San Diego and Vegas covered :)
    I will be in NY from 20-25th June. In which time I will go to all the usual sites. Do you guys recommend the New York Pass? I'll also make sure to attend the Yankees game on the 20th, cant go to NY and not see a Yankees game! Even have my NYY hat ready hahaha.
    Now I need some help. I would like to go from NY to Niagara Falls to Washington DC on a tour but can only find return tours that leave NY and return to NY. I have noticed it is cheaper to fly from Washington DC to Miami than NY to Miami and I dont see the point in returning to NY just to fly out to Miami. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thankyou all in advance.
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    ANYONE??
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I will be in NY from 20-25th June. In which time I will go to all the usual sites. Do you guys recommend the New York Pass? I'll also make sure to attend the Yankees game on the 20th, cant go to NY and not see a Yankees game! Even have my NYY hat ready hahaha.
    Now I need some help. I would like to go from NY to Niagara Falls to Washington DC on a tour but can only find return tours that leave NY and return to NY. I have noticed it is cheaper to fly from Washington DC to Miami than NY to Miami and I dont see the point in returning to NY just to fly out to Miami. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thankyou all in advance.
    Once you hit NY, you are on the east coast. Assuming that you are going to be flying out of NY or Miami back home, I would suggest renting a car.
    The drive from New York City to Niagara is about a half a day drive but, it is a beautiful drive.
    The drive from Niagara to Miami is obviously a bit longer.
    It is about a full days drive assuming you don't stop at all (and obviously drive in shifts) but, it really is a two day drive. Again, the drive is in some of the prettiest scenes that this country has to offer.
    (I made this same drive in October). West Virginia is breathtaking.
    Once you hit Miami, you will appreaciate having a car since public transportation sucks in Florida.
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    Once you hit NY, you are on the east coast. Assuming that you are going to be flying out of NY or Miami back home, I would suggest renting a car.
    The drive from New York City to Niagara is about a half a day drive but, it is a beautiful drive.
    The drive from Niagara to Miami is obviously a bit longer.
    It is about a full days drive assuming you don't stop at all (and obviously drive in shifts) but, it really is a two day drive. Again, the drive is in some of the prettiest scenes that this country has to offer.
    (I made this same drive in October). West Virginia is breathtaking.
    Once you hit Miami, you will appreaciate having a car since public transportation sucks in Florida.

Thanks for your input...I will def suggest that to the others as there are 8 of us in total (7 adults and 1 child) so we may aswell get a mini van or something. Prob work out more cost efficient aswell!
    Def want to see Niagara Falls and Washington DC between leaving NYC and arriving in MIA
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Your missing Massachusetts where America started!
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    If I had more time I'd def see some extra sites! Unfortunately wont be able to this time but no doubt I'll return next year!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Omg I hate you lol How do you have money to do all this stuff???
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    Omg I hate you lol How do you have money to do all this stuff???

Lol its called working, budgettin savin...oh n money aint a problem n id blow it all to make my daughter happy haha
  • jeannate52
    jeannate52 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For LA 3rd street promenade, Santa Monica pier, Venice, Rodeo Drive and Malibu.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Wow u certainly have a lot planned!

Vegas - definitely Hoover Dam & Grand Canyon ( helicopter would be quickest) Carrot Top is hilarious! Criss Angel waste of money. Watch your wallet - pick pockets & scammers especially if you stop on the strip to watch a street show.

If you can make it to Niagara Falls it is a must! US side is decent but if you are that close drive over the bridge into Canada so you can get an excellent view of both of the falls. Canada has the best view ever. Have a wonderful trip & enjoy your vacation.
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    Wow u certainly have a lot planned!

Vegas - definitely Hoover Dam & Grand Canyon ( helicopter would be quickest) Carrot Top is hilarious! Criss Angel waste of money. Watch your wallet - pick pockets & scammers especially if you stop on the strip to watch a street show.

If you can make it to Niagara Falls it is a must! US side is decent but if you are that close drive over the bridge into Canada so you can get an excellent view of both of the falls. Canada has the best view ever. Have a wonderful trip & enjoy your vacation.

Helicopter def sounds like my style of tour!! I'll check that out :) What is Carrot Top? Im going to Eddie Griffin standup and DL Hughley Stand up comedy shows, still 2 other nights yet to fill. Yes I have heard about the drop kick low lifes who steal there!

I need to find more information on Niagara Falls.
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    Just over 5wks to go!!! EXCITEMENT MUCH!!!
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    Any of you know of any tours from NYC to Washington DC? I have the 25th and 26th free between New York and Miami and am looking at visiting DC and possibly Niagara Falls. Any suggestions peeps??
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Any of you know of any tours from NYC to Washington DC? I have the 25th and 26th free between New York and Miami and am looking at visiting DC and possibly Niagara Falls. Any suggestions peeps??
    With that timeframe, you are looking at an "either/or" senario.
    From New York City, you can't do both in two days.
    You could do the falls but, there is no way to make if from the falls to Virginia (DC) and do a tour in a solid day.