If your stomach is growling after 7pm

Options
13»

Replies

• emobarbie7
    Options
    I am a bit of a night owl and the family likes dinner at 5:30 so it would be a long night without a snack. I always save between 150-400 cals for a night time snack. My favorite is yogurt with dry cereal sprinkled on top, and some chopped fruit if I have enough cals left for it. If that isn't enough then I have a decaf tea too.

ooo cinnamon toast crunch on top of vanilla yogurt...going to try that
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Remember, when you're hungry, no matter what time, your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism slows down. I usually eat cottage cheese or greek yogurt with fresh fruit around 8:30pm.

Metabolic downregulation due to not eating happens well over the 48 hour mark (60-72h iirc). You don't go into any starvation mode by missing a meal or two, or three.

That said I agree that eating at night is totally fine.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    It's 9:30 and my whole wheat bread is toasting as I type. I can't sleep if I'm hungry. It's what you eat, not when you eat it, unless you are an elite athlete.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Depends... if your goal is suffering and misery, then let it growl.
  • jillianedwards
    jillianedwards Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I try to always leave myself enough for a snack before bed because i like to eat a snack and watch tv and chill! I like the 100 calorie popcorn packs right now!
  • Ghiizhar
    Ghiizhar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    beer(s)

Ditto!

2 x Amstel Lights tonight and still over 100 calories below my goal.