how do you guys stay motivated

Options
2»

Replies

• stacezilla
    Options
    Really though working out seems like such a chore sometimes. Even though I still do it, I get home from work and then school and I'm like fuuuuuuuuuuuu I just want to sleep. People who feel good after working out are crazy.

But yeah, that's why I don't update my diary usually. Too many entries I have to make, so little time. Usually just write it down on a piece of paper.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I like to make workout goals. My most recent one was to complete my daily three miles in under 40 minutes, which I finally did today. It's something tangible that I can work on and it really helps me to stay motivated.
  • stacezilla
    Options
    The face I make when I realize I still have to go to the gym:

F9E29028-1A2A-455A-9CE0-962FC8257D1A-1058-0000009CF747D3E2_zps87b7c0aa.jpg
  • stacezilla
    Options
    I like to make workout goals. My most recent one was to complete my daily three miles in under 40 minutes, which I finally did today. It's something tangible that I can work on and it really helps me to stay motivated.

Oh this is good! I like this! I kind of do this sub consciously.
    Congrats :)
  • nandi5
    Options
    I'm having same issue - scale went back 2-3 lb and not moving over a week. I keep at it. At least I know I an getting fitter.
    I motivate myself watching documentaries on obesity when I'm running on a treadmill.

Me too! that and if I don't want to exercise I google how morbidly obese people clean themselves and I get scared and go run. works like a charm.
  • Dslayer121
    Dslayer121 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All I have to do is get out the old photos of when "muscle weighs more than fat" days. I am NOT going back there! That's motivation enough for me.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    When you aren't seeing the progress you would like? :(
    I find myself clicking on the "Success Stories" section. I know if others can do it, if I keep pushing myself, making healthy choices, stick to working out, I too will continue to be successful.

Some days, some weeks are harder than others so looking at others as examples can really be helpful also if you've been successful in the past focus on that instead of how far you need to go.

You'll get there! :wink: Stay focused, don't give up and pull that drive from within - that's where the motivation for each of us truly lies.

Hearts:heart:
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I remember what has happened in the past when I've quit.
  • sum1serin
    sum1serin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm having same issue - scale went back 2-3 lb and not moving over a week. I keep at it. At least I know I an getting fitter.
    I motivate myself watching documentaries on obesity when I'm running on a treadmill.

Me too! that and if I don't want to exercise I google how morbidly obese people clean themselves and I get scared and go run. works like a charm.

Wow....just wow. :)