Internet dating dilemma

Options
CallmeSbo
CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
If you started chatting to someone on an internet dating site and you found out they lied? You then confronted them, and their response was, "who doesnt lie on these sites?". Their profile said they dont have children and they do, also they said they are in the IT/ communications industry, and they work as a chef.

Would you continue chatting with them?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    No.

Who wants to get into a relationship with someone that started lying from the start?
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    dont waste any more of your time. Like Colie said, why would you wanna even talk to someone who has already proven a liar. Thats a red flag.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I only use those sites when my skin suit starts to get worn out or gets a hole in it and I need a new one.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    ONS
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I can see little white lies as ok.

Maybe how much you make or a few pounds off your weight.

But kids and and obviously unrelated job field...umm NO, I would not keep talking to this person.

If it tickles your fancy though, I work in the IT field and don't have kids :laugh:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    If you started chatting to someone on an internet dating site and you found out they lied? You then confronted them, and their response was, "who doesnt lie on these sites?". Their profile said they dont have children and they do, also they said they are in the IT/ communications industry, and they work as a chef.

Would you continue chatting with them?

those are significant lies, which they are trying to laugh off as commonplace... which should hint to you that there are more lies already told and yet to be told.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Duplicate post - sigh
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    They denied the existence of their own children?

{sarcasm font} Wow, obviously a keeper {/sarcasm font}

DUMP
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Nope..run away as fast as you can...speaking from experience...it will only get worse from there!!
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I would tell you to run as fast as you can away from this relationship. I used to think that it is better to forgive people. If you stay in a relationship like this and it grows, you will find that you can never trust this person. There are and will be bigger issues that you will discover. If you stay here you will invest too much in this person to cut them off when the trust issues become unbearable. I'd just do it now.
  • Not having children is a big thing to lie about. I understand that it's probably frustrating to get turned down by people just because they don't want kids, but presumably those kids are a big part of your life and you'd want the person you're dating to appreciate that, right?

Also I don't get why they'd lie about being in IT instead of being a chef when CLEARLY being a chef sounds cooler. I'd move on if I were in this situation. Something feels off.
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Red Flag! Run away
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    LMAO, no.

Is he also 6 2", dark, handsome , 9% bodyfat and squats 350kilos for reps?
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Agreed - little white lies like weight or something, but Kids? Totally different field? Nope. Drop him fast and don't look back. Liars lie, and they don't stop.
  • guzzlingil
    Options
    drop them....fast...........!!!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    looking for a flirt yes but would not consider them as a possibly candidate for a relationship. at all.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think they do have a valid point - maybe not everybody, but you can expect a lot of either outright lying or embellishing of the truth on internet dating sites, so keep your truth-o-meter on high alert!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Definitely not. Those are not "little white lies".
  • thomasblastind
    thomasblastind Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I met my wife on an internet dating site. When we first started talking I fibbed about a few things. On the internet its hard to tell if you are going to make a long term connection with the person you are talking to so sometimes lies happen because you are embarrassed and don't know if you can trust the person with the truth. As soon as I realized my wife was going to be in my life for a while I came clean and she understood. Just my two cents
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    LMAO, no.

Is he also 6 2", dark, hansom, 9% bodyfat and squats 350kilos for reps?

Internet-Warrior.preview.jpg