March 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the March 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge.....

The first MYAC thread was in November 2010 and has been going strong and growing more and more each month.....Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies

1. Set your goal....distance ONLY - preferably miles - no minutes, no # of workouts, no # of steps - DISTANCE.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Friday, Feb 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so Dino can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL Miles moved.

Please do not post any February miles here...Sara, Janet and I will update our February spreadsheet when the month ends and Dino will do his fancy *kitten* to give us all the awesome stats :) Please add only March goals/miles to this thread.....

The goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and Track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....Just set a distance goal and do the work...Sorry we will not be tracking number of workouts or minutes moved on this challenge - ONLY distance....

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we tracks our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month....

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

Link to the google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As57uSwFQUGJdC1OU0dvNEdQSXpWQzhfYjdTb1plWnc#gid=93

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the BB code and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update.

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,313 Member
    Options
    In for 70 miles in March! :bigsmile:
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    Sign me up for 60 miles please!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I'm in for 75 miles! :)
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well, the challenge went great last month! This time I'll aim for 150km, including biking besides walking/jogging. Here's my new ticker

4hEEp9.png
  • flanary888
    flanary888 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!! LOVED this challenge last month! THANK YOU FOR DOING IT!!

I am in for 75 miles this month!!!
  • Nike13
    Nike13 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Increasing it again by 10 miles :)

Goal for March is 40 miles

exercise.png
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Count me in again, February was fun, hopefully I will make my goal in March. Since I fell a little short last month but it was a shorter month lets set my goal at 31 miles, I should be able to measure at least 1 mile per day :)
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Count me in for 400 miles for March, hopefully going to start running to break up all the cycling i have been doing.
  • strongershell
    Options
    Had to take a month off due to moving and setting up house but I'm back again.

Goal is 74 miles rowing and walking.

exercise.png
  • pdfrazier08
    pdfrazier08 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Going for 80 again in March. Fell short in February but am determined I can do this!
  • Ih8thedreadmill
    Ih8thedreadmill Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Give me 65 miles.

exercise.png
  • FunnyGirl613
    FunnyGirl613 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    In for 40 miles in March... I'm going to keep trying until I hit it...
  • TerryEden
    TerryEden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    In for 60 miles in March.
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 75 'running' miles in March :)
  • animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am in for 100 miles.

I am going on a business trip at the end of the month and probably won't have internet access. I am hoping to get back April 1st, but because of bad connections, I am not sure. I may not be able to post my miles for the trip until the 3rd or 4th. Is that too late? I will try to post earlier and hopefully some on the trip, but there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding this trip.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    my goal for march is 75 miles with 45 of them just running....
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I have failed the last two months but this time I will make it to 50 miles if it kills me!
  • megfah
    megfah Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm back and so excited to move my @ss in March! My goal is 50 miles, running only.

HOPEFULLY some of it will even be outside (I type while sitting at home on a snow day . . . . sigh).

I met my goal of 40 miles in Feb by completely neglecting strength training. But I'm hoping that with a longer month and improved endurance, I'll be able to do both this month.

exercise.png
  • LS102
    LS102 Posts: 19
    Options
    Count me in! 75 miles!
  • mikuja
    mikuja Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm back and so excited to move my @ss in March! My goal is 50 miles, running only.

HOPEFULLY some of it will even be outside (I type while sitting at home on a snow day . . . . sigh).

I met my goal of 40 miles in Feb by completely neglecting strength training. But I'm hoping that with a longer month and improved endurance, I'll be able to do both this month.

Okay, Megfah, I accept your challenge to move my *kitten* with this thread. My goal is 40 miles for the month. I run my miles outside in the Wisconsin weather with my incredibly loyal and energetic running partner, Winston (featured in my MFP ticker). I'm looking forward to this accountability as I prepare for an 8k at the end of April.

blk-exercise.png