Stay at home moms!

Options
Looking for some women who are stay at home moms to get through this weight loss journey and know how hard self dedication is!

Replies

• Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom, work from home mom..do it all mom..my youngest is 14. I feel like I do everything all the time..But I am taking this time for me to get me healthy and happy. Feel free to add me.
  • jaqulineroberts
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mommy of 3 one is in school so I have the other 2 here all day. It's a struggle at times but they have been really supportive of my effort to become more active. They love to do the exercising with me but most the time I end up doing it while they sleep because they can get in the way lol. I'll add you.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom to a 2 1/2 year old, 4 year old, and i'm pregnant. Also in school full-time. Busy...
  • steffers151
    steffers151 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I, too am a stay at home mom. I have two kids of my own and on the weekends I also have my boyfriend's two kids, so I know how hard it is to make healthy, but "kid friendly" options PLUS stay self motivated!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. PS. I'm Stephenie. Us "Stephs" have to stick together!!! lol
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • bnw1205
    bnw1205 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im a stay at home mom. I have a first grader and a 3 year old here with me all day. Plus I go to school at night.
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request.
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hey there =) I'm a stay at home mom to a 5 and 3 year old pair of crazy little girls. Feel free to add me, I just got back on track and you're right! Self dedication is HARD ;)
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm not a stay-at-home mum (I wish!) - work full time and have a 4 year old. Not quite sure why it would be harder to stick to a plan when you are at home rather than at work? The dedication comes from within you. It's YOUR decision. The only person that can make you veer off track is you!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I'm stay at home mom of three, 10, 8 and 4. I also homeschool them. I have been on here since last March and try to be supportive to my friends. Staying at home has some unique challenges but getting healthy is worth tackling those challenges. It's a wonderful thing to be able to do things you couldn't do before and see the pride shining in your children's eyes. Feel free to add me.:smile:
  • VSeed2008
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom of 4. Ages 4, 3, 2 and 7 months :) Feel free to add me.
  • michellemason3152
    Options
    I'm also a stay at home mom. I have 3 children, a 22 year old daughter who is about to graduate with her BA and just got excepted to grad school :) I also have a 9 year old son and a 5 year old son. My boys are great, but a handful. Stress is my poison. I have also been in chronic pain for a long time now and was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I am finding walking helps me tremendously. When I'm on the treadmill, I am doing something for me. It helps me clear my mind, helps with the pain, helps me sleep and is helping me to lose weight. It's always been a struggle for me to find time for myself, but I at least find time to walk.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Me! SAHM of 3.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm not a stay-at-home mum (I wish!) - work full time and have a 4 year old. Not quite sure why it would be harder to stick to a plan when you are at home rather than at work? The dedication comes from within you. It's YOUR decision. The only person that can make you veer off track is you!

I'm not a stay-at-home but I can totally see how it would be more difficult at home. The refridgerator and pantry is right there all the time and it would be hard not to relieve the stress by nibbling. At least here in the office, I can limit the stuff that is in my desk drawer and going to meetings and working on specific projects can take my mind off the constant temptations. With my kids, I think my body is busy, busy, busy but my mind is often bored and starts thinking about food.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options

I'm not a stay-at-home but I can totally see how it would be more difficult at home. The refridgerator and pantry is right there all the time and it would be hard not to relieve the stress by nibbling. At least here in the office, I can limit the stuff that is in my desk drawer and going to meetings and working on specific projects can take my mind off the constant temptations. With my kids, I think my body is busy, busy, busy but my mind is often bored and starts thinking about food.

Excuses! Work presents its own set of problems. You just have to take it a day, an hour, a minute at a time and don't keep expecting to fail.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Excuses! Work presents its own set of problems. You just have to take it a day, an hour, a minute at a time and don't keep expecting to fail.

Saying something is hard isn't necessarily an excuse. It can be realistically identifying a challenge so that you can make a concrete plan to overcome it.

Since I work, this isn't my challenge (or my excuse), I'm just empathizing with those that face it.
  • ladyphoebe
    ladyphoebe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a SAHM of a 2.5 yr old and an 8 month old. I am really trying to stick with my diet and exercise but some days with the kids it just doesn't happen. Feel free to add me. The more accountability the better!
  • Runningnorth
    Runningnorth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom with a 2 and 4 year old. It would be great to have other moms at home as friends. Feel free to add me. I either workout in the morning or after they go to bed but it is things like not nibbling off there plate that I have to make sure I don't do:happy:

As for the negative comments, I just don't see the point. If people are looking for support and encouragement that is great. No need to be harsh or unkind.
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Ever hear of "free time"? I know working moms always figure they have it so much harder than stay at home moms. And I don't really want to get in an argument over the merits of either choice - I will say however, that when budget is tight and hubby works a lot (as most do if wife is able to stay home) that leaves ZERO free time apart from the kiddos to get any personal time in each day. so, yes, I agree it does present a DIFFERENT challenge - not an unpassable challenge, but a DIFFERENT challenge than other women/people, and there is NO problem seeking out the support of others who are in a similar situation!
  • Carnal_Desire
    Carnal_Desire Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a long time stay at home mom that has recently started working so I know how hard it is, especially when your at home.
    I find I stick to my diet much better when I am at work then I do on the weekends at home. I have only been dedicated to losing weight for about 3 weeks but it is going well. I am looking for support as well!.