Stay at home moms!

Options

Replies

• DustYourselfOff
    Options
    Domestic Engineer here! I have a 10 year old son and a 13 year old daughter.Trying to start setting a healthier example for my kids. Making healthier foods and trying to get their lazy behinds out for walks. Trying is the key word. Would love to have you as a friend. :happy:

39339015.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • audra0831
    audra0831 Posts: 244
    Options
    Hi! I'm a SAHM with two kids, ages 11 and 9. I'm sending you a friend request!
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    im a stay home mom of a 22 month old its really hard but I do my workout when he is taking a nap when I do them when he is awake he jumps up and down and start swinging his arms its been along journey
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Ever hear of "free time"? I know working moms always figure they have it so much harder than stay at home moms. And I don't really want to get in an argument over the merits of either choice - I will say however, that when budget is tight and hubby works a lot (as most do if wife is able to stay home) that leaves ZERO free time apart from the kiddos to get any personal time in each day. so, yes, I agree it does present a DIFFERENT challenge - not an unpassable challenge, but a DIFFERENT challenge than other women/people, and there is NO problem seeking out the support of others who are in a similar situation!

Amen to that. I think people assume that us SAHMs can just pop in a Jane Fonda DVD and knock it out in 30 minutes at any point during the day. The reality is, if I start stretching I've got a kid climbing all over me (and I only have one!) If I start actually working out, he's underfoot, right there with me. It's not impossible, it's just REALLY hard. Could I do Insanity with him? Heck no. Can I do some calf exercises while standing at the stove and cooking dinner? Yeah. And, after an entire day of just you dealing with kids (who are mentally and physically exhausting) it's pretty hard to drag yourself to the gym when you sit down at 8:30 and finally have a minute to think a complete thought without being interrupted. I joined a gym with childcare (which isn't an option for a lot of people because childcare at a gym can be super expensive), but my gym's childcare has a 2 hour window every day and you can only sign up for a one hour slot, and you have to call ahead to reserve. I get myself there, but it's a pain in the butt getting out the door with my kid screaming he doesn't want to go to the gym or insisting he needs something MORE to eat or drink before we get in the car, and sometimes that eats into my time slot. It's friggin' hard. I have no idea how anyone can handle more than one kid, as I type this he's on my feet playing with his cars and talking to me. My dream is to have an entire day where no one talks to me and I don't need to say anything at all, all I want after being at home all day long with a 5 year old boy is silence and time to sit down. Thank goodness I have enough calories left today for a glass of wine. ;)
  • MamaC77
    MamaC77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom of 3 here, ages 10, 8 and 4. Only a few months till I will venture out to find a job. Until then its all about trying to find things to eat that are healthy and quick all the while trying to satisfy the every need of a 4 year old boy. Working out sometimes is a larger challenge for me because he seems to need something every 5 minutes, causing my heart rate to slow and it seems as if i have to start over. believe everyone has it tough whether they are at home or at work. Its hard work but anyone can do it if they put their minds to it. Feel free to add me. Its always nice to have support.
  • chi_chi_22
    Options

Ever hear of "free time"? I know working moms always figure they have it so much harder than stay at home moms. And I don't really want to get in an argument over the merits of either choice - I will say however, that when budget is tight and hubby works a lot (as most do if wife is able to stay home) that leaves ZERO free time apart from the kiddos to get any personal time in each day. so, yes, I agree it does present a DIFFERENT challenge - not an unpassable challenge, but a DIFFERENT challenge than other women/people, and there is NO problem seeking out the support of others who are in a similar situation!

Amen to that. I think people assume that us SAHMs can just pop in a Jane Fonda DVD and knock it out in 30 minutes at any point during the day. The reality is, if I start stretching I've got a kid climbing all over me (and I only have one!) If I start actually working out, he's underfoot, right there with me. It's not impossible, it's just REALLY hard. Could I do Insanity with him? Heck no. Can I do some calf exercises while standing at the stove and cooking dinner? Yeah. And, after an entire day of just you dealing with kids (who are mentally and physically exhausting) it's pretty hard to drag yourself to the gym when you sit down at 8:30 and finally have a minute to think a complete thought without being interrupted. I joined a gym with childcare (which isn't an option for a lot of people because childcare at a gym can be super expensive), but my gym's childcare has a 2 hour window every day and you can only sign up for a one hour slot, and you have to call ahead to reserve. I get myself there, but it's a pain in the butt getting out the door with my kid screaming he doesn't want to go to the gym or insisting he needs something MORE to eat or drink before we get in the car, and sometimes that eats into my time slot. It's friggin' hard. I have no idea how anyone can handle more than one kid, as I type this he's on my feet playing with his cars and talking to me. My dream is to have an entire day where no one talks to me and I don't need to say anything at all, all I want after being at home all day long with a 5 year old boy is silence and time to sit down. Thank goodness I have enough calories left today for a glass of wine. ;)

All I have to say to this is Amen! And Cheers!
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Me me me. I'm a stay at home mom too. Some days can be very isolating.
  • lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been a stay at home mom for almost 21 years. My kids are almost 21, 19 and 14. The older 2 are away at college so just my 14 year old is at home. This is my year to prioritize me! Add me, I'm on several times a day. Any else with something in common feel free to add me.
  • 4men1lady79
    4men1lady79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    SAHM to 3 boys...a 5yr old, 2yr old, and a 1yr old! My life can be hectic sometimes with no motivation to do anything!! Feel free for any moms to add me :-)
  • janahcarter
    janahcarter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to a 2 year old boy. I love how some people think that just because we stay at home that we have all the free time in the world. No, between all the household duties, trying to keep a child from completely destroying the house and teaching him all at the same time, there is little time left for anything else. It is so hard to workout with him right under my feet, or right behind me or trying to climb up my legs.
  • LisaD7526
    LisaD7526 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    SAHM to 6 month old, 4 yr old and 6 yr old trying to lose weight from all three pregnancies now that I am done making babies. Any of you ladies feel free to add me!
  • WeightWatcherCindy
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom . I homeschool my 14 year old daughter . Please feel free to add me .
  • Jennnifit
    Jennnifit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. I have two kiddos - ages 8 and 11 and trying hard to have a third. . .doing my best to lose weight before another hopeful pregnancy and remain in a fit routine during the pregnancy. Fingers crossed! :o)
  • 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    SAHM to two girls, 8 and 3. I'm fortunate in many ways that I like to workout after the kiddos go to bed. On the off day where I do workout during the day, the 3 year old can almost manage to entertain herself for 30 minutes. I try not to take advantage of that too often though, because it's just a matter of time before she figures out mom isn't paying attention to her. Lol
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    SAHM of a 3year old and a 7 month old trying to loose the last 40 pounds. Anyone can add me for support!!
  • corelliesmom
    corelliesmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm a stay at home trying to be a work from home mom. I have twin 5 year olds. I started MFP recently and really like it. :D
  • AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SAHM here too. I have a 2 year old that keeps me busy. When my husband is home from work I leave out for an hour or two and go walking with my earphones. Just me the road and some 80's music lol. When my son is sleeping I love doing virtual boxing on the xbox. Also I youtubed Victorias Secret 10 minute workout. I've done it a few times. Isn't that bad. Whatever I can get in with little time I get to myself.
  • WannaBeFitJean
    WannaBeFitJean Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has there own challenges anywhere they are... at home fridge, treats, stress, kids...etc

At work, boss, co workers, grabbing whats available, stress... etc

We all have our own weakness, but it is up to us to fight the urges...

(There is no need for people to be judging or critacising people who are stay at home moms- Some work just as hard as you, with No pay! )

This is the part of the site, you ask for advice and get help, or introduce yourself, or share things... a lot dont want to, because they are too scared of the ones being so harsh, and putting people down....

Very very sad!!
  • armpitcupcake
    Options
    Stay-at-home taxi driver at this point in my life. Both of my children are in school, but as we school choice, I do about 60 miles a day worth of driving and it takes up about 3 hours of my day. I'll be returning to school full time this summer (hopefully) to pursue a degree in dental hygiene -- which I likely won't finish until my oldest is about 16. Ha! It's hard work, but I wouldn't trade the last 12 years of my life for all the money, jobs and promotions in the world.
  • pinupkitt3n
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm a SAHM to boy/girl twins who are 3.5! They are so much fun, but a lot of work ;) My boy has autism and that creates a lot of challenges on its own. But I love being a SAHM and I love being able to spend my time with them!

I try to stay busy on my feet and move a lot. In the mornings my boy goes to school for a couple hours so that's usually when I try to get in my work outs. I'm a big snacker and have a hard time staying away from sweets!

Feel free to add me, I'm new here. I'm drama free and very positive!! :)