My scale can kiss my *kitten*. No more weighing.

Options
I'm 41, I eat well (and pizza, and drink beer), I do massive amounts of traditional kung fu, and I am done weighing. I'm 5'6", 138 lbs, a size 4/6, and my scale does not tell me anything at all. Here is the (sunburned last week in Maui) *kitten* that it can kiss on its way to the garbage. I've been trying to get to a number for so long, but now I am going to try to get to a waist size...

Thank you for listening.

IMAG0064-1.jpg

Replies

• kimimila86
    Options
    Kudos! You look great!

I've started to weigh myself less and less and I know I'll probably come to the same conclusion you have the closer to my goal weight that I get. I want to go to Maui and get sunburned too!!! :drinker:
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That's a great *kitten*, AND a great attitude!! I broke up with my scale recently too. JERK SCALE.
  • fairbanksk
    fairbanksk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Toss that scale, you look great!!!!
  • NearlyJen
    NearlyJen Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    "Scales? We ain't got no Scales. We don't need no scales!" - Treasure of the Sierra Madre (kind of..if Bogey told them they needed to lose weight.)
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Toss that *kitten*! Wait i mean scale.
  • mltierney
    mltierney Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. The scale can be a huge boost or a huge disappointment. I take my measurements once a month, that's it! I have a 'goal' skirt, when I fit into then I will know that I'm there.
  • kjsupermom01
    Options
    you look great! dump the numbers!
  • NearlyJen
    Options
    Yes! I have goal jeans - getting them zipped is one thing, but no muffin top is something else entirely :P
  • calisunrise
    Options
    i'm actually so jealous of you. i'm the same height and 115-118 and i'm a size 6. i wish i weighed more at the same size
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I was all about jumping on the band wagon and saying no more scales (at least until the end of my Stronglifts program in May to check some progress to adjust TDEE).

Then I saw the picture, and I forgot why I came.
  • smittieaj
    smittieaj Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That scale is lucky! You are letting it off too easy, if you ask me. When I'm done dropping my pounds, I'm probably going to break my scale for catharsis.
  • NearlyJen
    Options
    Ok, this MFP validation is really working for me. I'd never posted a pic before! lol.
  • NearlyJen
    Options
    i'm actually so jealous of you. i'm the same height and 115-118 and i'm a size 6. i wish i weighed more at the same size

And I've been trying to get to your weight for the last 20 years. (sigh)
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You look great just as you are. definitely forget the scales and just enjoy being slim and healthy, well done! x
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    WTG girl! Rockin that awesome healthy body of yours!

Amen sistah on the scale! I'm with you... not letting the scale get in my head. I'm breaking up with him for now... :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good for you, but be careful. The last time I tossed the scales (in my Diets Don't Work/Intuitive Eating phase), my weight climbed more than 40 pounds. I knew it was climbing, but I had no idea it was that much.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    AMEN!

I went psychotic on mine this week--these ways of measuring progress are so bad, they are almost random!

I'm so done.

Like, yesterday.
  • liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. If the scale could see the picture we see, it would agree too. Looking great, and you don't need the scale to tell you that!
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    dayum, great attitude.