HONEY,....Good or Bad?

Options
13»

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Honey is good for you since it's classified as an amber carb, which is closer to brown carbs than white carbs
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Sugar is good for you since it's classified as an amber carb, which is closer to brown carbs than white carbs

No you mean honey is good for you because its an amber carb. White sugar is always a white carb.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Sugar is good for you since it's classified as an amber carb, which is closer to brown carbs than white carbs

No you mean honey is good for you because its an amber carb. White sugar is always a white carb.

Will correct, thanks!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Real honey is so good for you. It's used in homeopathic medicine for it's healing qualities. It is sugar.. but it's natural sugar so a tsp or two a day won't hurt you. It's got Vitamin B in it too.. give you energy.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    OH HONEY!
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It's neither good nor bad...it's just sugar. Too much sugar can be bad, but sugar in and of itself isn't evil. From a calorie standpoint, it's fairly empty (i.e. pretty much void of any nutritional value)...but honey is delicious.
    QFT.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Honey is fine in moderation, as is anything. I use it, and I use real butter too. They just taste good.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Find a real, trustworthy provider though -- preferably local to you :

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/11/tests-show-most-store-honey-isnt-honey/#.US5uXHy9KSM

As with many things, if it seems too good to be true, pricewise, ir probably is. (See also, "you get what you pay for."). Lots of bulk honey you'll find in the grocery store is contaminated, adulterated, or faked. Or just processed to within an inch of its life and all the things that make it honey filtered out of it.