Replies

• Kyebel
    Kyebel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Whovian here :)
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am a geek also, feel free to add me :)
  • RAINBOWBRITE2016
    RAINBOWBRITE2016 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @Lynnsr1 - C & D but only because I haven't read A or B yet. Just give me some time.

I am a geek! I love Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, think Jason Momoa is the sexiest man alive :). Love ScyFy channel, Warehouse 13, the BBC version of Being Human, Grimm and so many others. I have only watched a few Dr Who episodes but liked them (don't have enough time).

I also used to play WoW - had to quit due to time but loved and miss it.

Also, I live in Indianapolis and have GenCon here every year!!!
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @Lynnsr1 - C & D but only because I haven't read A or B yet. Just give me some time.

I am a geek! I love Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, think Jason Momoa is the sexiest man alive :). Love ScyFy channel, Warehouse 13, the BBC version of Being Human, Grimm and so many others. I have only watched a few Dr Who episodes but liked them (don't have enough time).

I also used to play WoW - had to quit due to time but loved and miss it.

Also, I live in Indianapolis and have GenCon here every year!!!

Hummmm, C) is a great answer, but D) could be a deal breaker.... On the other hand I could hug you just because you mentioned Jason Momoa (*sigh*). Add Dark Hunters and Ender's Game to your "to read" list and it will even things out. :wink:
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    A song of Ice and Fire should be on everyone's read list, imo
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Continued from this topic, which was unsuccessful due to the constrained radius: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/907356-wanted-geeky-20-30-somethings-in-dc-metropolitan-area

HELLO SWEETIE!

Looking for pen pals and friends with similar interests!

*books (I love my kindle to the point where it might be inappropriate. I even fall asleep with it in my arms
    *Sci fi and fantasy (ESPECIALLY Doctor Who)
    --STar Trek, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Firefly...
    *comics
    *Video games! (I have a Ps2, gamecube, DS Lite, and PSP)

Non-stereotypically geeky interests:
    *Cats (animals in general, but especially cats)
    *Tea
    *Fitness
    *Crochet
    *crossword puzzles, sudoku, logic puzzles, jigsaws...

Let's be friends!!

Feel free to add me! :-D

I am a bibliophile who was raised on Star Trek and Star wars, and loves firefly and Dr. Who. I'm a DC nerd and play an obscene amount of time playing video games (Mass Effect 2 right now) while loving on my two feline fur balls and drinking tea. And when I'n not doing that I work on cross stitch projects. I think I fit. Friend up!
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A song of Ice and Fire should be on everyone's read list, imo

currently reading that series right now!
  • red9812
    red9812 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You listed "Sci Fi", yet you didn't include Battlestar Galactica.

This friendship would have never worked.

It's on my to-watch list!

Hurry up! I <3 Battlestar Galactica!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    <- Total Whovian!! Keep calm and Don't Blink!
  • errmerrgerrd
    errmerrgerrd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me, I need someone to laugh at my dorky jokes! Just hopped on the Dr. Who wagon and I love the series! Battlestar Galactica is amazing too. So many indoor cycling sessions were accompanied by the likes of Starbuck and Captain Odama :)
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    You had me at Firefly. :)
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    There's a T-shirt on my desk that says "The Angels Have the Phonebox".

So you can add me any time. XD
  • goad4you
    goad4you Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not sure if males are invited to this party but...

I love books although my wife hogs the kindle(Wheel of Time, Game of Thrones, Ender's Game)
    I love Doctor Who (only half way through the first Matt Smith season, No Spoilers, but I've watched some Tom Baker episodes too)

Also, I have 2 cats and 3 dogs.
    and I taught myself to knit so I could make my neices scarves for christmas.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options

That and I dislike cats. Was so close to winning over a new friend.
  • Reza151
    Options
    I'm going to assume that the majority of you in this thread have seen the Princess Bride. I went to a wedding in September and the bride's sister started her toast as follows:

"Mawwiage...is what bwings us togethaaa."

That was just one highlight of the evening xD
  • Reza151
    Options
    Not sure if males are invited to this party but...

I love books although my wife hogs the kindle(Wheel of Time, Game of Thrones, Ender's Game)
    I love Doctor Who (only half way through the first Matt Smith season, No Spoilers, but I've watched some Tom Baker episodes too)

Also, I have 2 cats and 3 dogs.
    and I taught myself to knit so I could make my neices scarves for christmas.

Males are invited as well! I reeeeeeeally want to read Wheel of Time and Ender's game. But first, I'm still reading Clash of Kings and Mort (Discworld series).
  • Reza151
    Options

That and I dislike cats. Was so close to winning over a new friend.

But just LOOK at my cat in my ticker...His facial expression there is the reason why I named him Wonka (totally reminiscent of the Condescending Willy Wonka meme)
  • jacie87
    jacie87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I wish the Doctor was on MFP. I'd be his friend. mmmmm....
  • goad4you
    goad4you Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Males are invited as well! I reeeeeeeally want to read Wheel of Time and Ender's game. But first, I'm still reading Clash of Kings and Mort (Discworld series).
    [/quote]

I think my wife has read every Discworld novel there is(what like 60 of them).
    I've onyl read a few...I can't remember which ones. I know I have read Mort.

It took me about 13 months to read all of the wheel of time series(well, I'm halfway through book 14 now)

You should read "Shada" Douglas adams doctor who
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options

I think my wife has read every Discworld novel there is(what like 60 of them).
    I've onyl read a few...I can't remember which ones. I know I have read Mort.

It took me about 13 months to read all of the wheel of time series(well, I'm halfway through book 14 now)

You should read "Shada" Douglas adams doctor who
    [/quote]

Hurry up and read Ender's Game before the movie comes out. The same with Mortal instruments, The movie will be released this year.