Options
    I'm a Brit! Here we are!
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK :)
  • AlanTuring
    Options
    Australian! Fortunately that's not too confusing a term - unless somebody wants to tell me I'm actually from Austria, which sadly did happen to me on a trip to the US a few years back! ;)
    Sadly, this is a problem that goes both ways, though usually the other way in my experience, since most Americans have at least seen Crocodile Dundee or remember Steve Irwin. :( Which are poor ways to remember the country that brought us TISM and Snog, among other priceless culture.

A friend of mine has a shirt from a trip to Austria which states "There are no kangaroos in Austria." It's apparently one of their big unofficial tourism slogans. :P
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Actually the UK is not England. It is Great Britain or England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales together.

And yes, plenty of people from this side of the water.

Jeesh, how did we ever let these people have independence? One mad king, Geroge 3rd and off they go talking about alooominum, eggs over easy, and the like when they should by rights be driving on the left and acknowledging the Queen as head of state while drinking tea and pink gin.

Yes I know, I simplified and I apologise for that. As a Scot with Irish roots I should know better. Mea maxima culpa.

You are wrong though.

Its Great Britain and Northern Ireland on the Passport, so Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales only.

It's been 120 year since we had Ireland, oh and India, 220 years since we owned the East Coast of the USA, dam chaps ruined our Tea so they did.

Also the United Kingdom is the term that is used more internationally now.

I am Cornish though which is an Independent Country, our Saints Day, St Piran, is on 5th March, so will you celebrate have a pasty with me, then make a few promises to do something which you don't keep?

Yes I know, I simplified and I apologise for that. As a Scot with Irish roots I should know better. Mea maxima culpa.

A month or two ago I would have had a pasty or two with you but now they don't fit into my program, but I will raise a glass on the 5th!
  • roolmc
    roolmc Posts: 47
    Options
    Although it seems we've agreed what the UK is, here is a great video explaining it more fully (it gets complicated)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    Im from England :) there are quite a lot of us here too. There are people from all over the world they just come on here at different times according to where they live
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm a stickler for good grammar and spelling,

Then it must drive you bonkers that most people on here think "alot" is a word.

I live in Hastings, East Sussex.
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am British, add me if you like :-)
  • laurenmarch104
    Options
    Well, I'm English, and this is definitely for the English as well. There are Tesco products in the food lists!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I prefer to be called a United Stater. Please dont lump me in with Canadians or Mexicans.

fist bump.
  • blimey47
    blimey47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm an American living in England
  • bluefox9er
    Options
    I was born in Kenya, lived and educated in the United States and now living in Britain. My lineage is Indian.

you tell me where the heck i am from because I am a mess when the Olympics are on.
  • AlanTuring
    Options
    I'm a stickler for good grammar and spelling,

Then it must drive you bonkers that most people on here think "alot" is a word.

I live in Hastings, East Sussex.
    Your kidding!

...I really enjoy your brand of kidding around, that is to say. :P
  • bluefox9er
    Options
    Well, I'm English, and this is definitely for the English as well. There are Tesco products in the food lists!

I'm pretty certain it's for *everyone*...
  • AlanTuring
    Options

I'm pretty certain it's for *everyone*...
    Except for the Danish, of course. No one wants THEM around.

(I kid, my Danish friends! I have a good Internet friend from Danelandia, and he jokes about how Americans are all ignorant jerks who know nothing of the world around them while I reinforce his stereotypes by joking about how Denmark is a province in Sweden and the capital is IKEA.)
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My father's Dutch, my mother's German, I went to 12 different schools on two continents and now I'm living in (Northern) Ireland. I'm not really "from" anywhere.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    This thread is making me embarassed to be American... :ohwell: .

This.

yep. pretty much.

Yup. :embarassed:
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    and of course there are a generous number of us South Africans too! (even those who used to live in Gloucestershire and would go back IN A HEARTBEAT!)