Cottage cheese HOW DO I?

Options

Replies

• kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian too!

I usually eat cottage cheese with either pineapple or a tablespoon of strawberry/blackberry preserves.

Or I'll mix in a tablespoon of almond butter / peanut butter / nutella.

Or I'll mix it with tomato sauce and eat with pasta/veggies- it makes it really creamy and delicious!
  • MBCook2
    MBCook2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yummy ideas, everyone! Bump bump!
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese almost every day! Usually with just a little pepper, but sometimes I'll eat it with fruit instead. Had some yesterday with fresh pineapple. Delish!
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian too and I get anywhere from130-170g of protein a day. Feel free to check out my diary for ideas.

...and I Looooove cottage cheese!
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Just eat it. Salt and pepper.
    In another life, I used it as a dip with nacho Doritos. Oh heaven.
    Drop a spoonful in a bowl of chili. Delish.
  • SammiSpring
    Options
    I love cottage cheese, and like it plain. But black pepper mixed in is delicious as well!
  • xMuscles
    Options
    i LOVE it. sometimes ill mix in cinnamon and truvia. and sometimes ill add a scoop of almond butte
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas so far...here are some ways I eat mine:

Salt & Pepper
    Capers (YUM!)
    Sunflower Seeds
    Chia Seeds
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Smoke weed. Anything will taste good ;)
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I like to make a dip using cottage cheese, greek yogurt, and things like garlic powder, chopped green onion, dill, parsley, onion powder (I blend till it is smooth). Can use as a topping for a baked potato, dip for veggies, in a wrap, etc.

Can also blend it with an egg and some herbs to use as the cheese layer in lasagna or baked pasta
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Knudsen regular only love 100%. (NO pink tub NO other brands.)

JUst this 0004990034272_500X500.jpg
    with salt and pepper and saltine crackers. Yum.

every other brand and the low fat ones are complete and total yuck! HATE 1,000%
  • illgetthere145
    illgetthere145 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I put 1-2 tablespoons applesauce or apple butter and ground flax seed in it. SOOOO GOOD!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    i LOVE it. sometimes ill mix in cinnamon and truvia. and sometimes ill add a scoop of almond butte

I never thought of cinnamon! I must try! Thanks!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I like to mix pineapple with mine or mix in a packet of Truvia, some cinnamon and a chopped up apple.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Oh! I just remembered a recipe I have for high protein waffles that use both greek yogurt and cottage cheese but don't taste like they do. Even my hubby loves them. Let me go searching for it...

..okay, here it is:

80 g Rolled Oats (not quick oats)
    1 cup 0% Fage Greek Yogurt
    4 large Eggs (or 5 egg whites, or 1 cup egg substitute to reduce fat)
    ½ cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
    1/8 cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup (can exclude if preferred, but add 1 more teaspoon of Vanilla extract and a teaspoon of your preferred sweetener)
    1 tsp Vanilla Extract
    2 tsp Baking Powder
    ½ tsp Salt

12-24 hours before: soak oats in the yogurt. This should be done at room temperature or warmer, in a glass bowl, covered with a clean dish towel. (don't worry, this can stay out overnight and not go bad)

Day of: in blender, mix together eggs and cottage cheese. Add soaked oats, syrup, and vanilla and blend until oat pieces have been ground smooth. Blend in 2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp fine sea salt.

Pour from blender pitcher into a hot waffle iron and cook as per the waffle iron instructions.
  • pguyton
    pguyton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    put a tiny bit of cereal on top of it to make it crunchy, my problem was the texture, once i got past that i was fine
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use it as a dip with seasoning mixed in... (onion dry soup mix or Santa Maria style seasoning, lemon pepper) sweet peppers or English cucumbers instead of crackers.

or fresh strawberries and stevia sweetner for something sweet...

I am trying to manage my carbs so I do appreciate Cottage cheese and the same one you are using, Nancy's cultured org.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I like it best w/either peaches or pears.
  • axelorate
    axelorate Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I eat it in lasagna only.
  • jpvieira
    jpvieira Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like to mix cinnamon into it. Or it goes pretty unnoticed if you blend it into yogurt. If you like hummus, mix it into some of that and eat with veggies. Yum!