Yes! Sugar IS the enemy.

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to know this! Sugar is edible. Enemy devoured!

Giant_Enemy_Worm.jpg

NOM NOM NOM
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Not even going to watch the video, going to speak from personal experience. It depends on the person I believe. I can eat whatever I want and as long as I stay within my calorie range can still lose weight. I absolutely find it amusing when I come across forms that are bashing cereals because they are "high in sugar". How about you measure out the serving size and only eat that instead of filling the whole damn bowl? I'm going to go have a cup of hot tea now AND use 60 calories worth of real sugar ;)

I like you.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I don't care what the research states. I eat sugar. I get my yearly physical and my health markets steadily improve every time. My bodyfat is low, and i would consider myself to have an above average physique, but not perfect.

Put in the work and you will get results its that simple.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just watch the video. You don't have to believe it. It's not some 13 year old in his parent's basement acting like an expert. The guy is a PhD and he did all his work with a team of PhDs in fields such as medicine, endocrinology, biochemistry and nutritianal science. He actually explains a lot of it in detail.

I'm half way through the video, and my main beef is that sugar drinks don't make people drink them and drink too much of them.

It is very interesting though, and worth a look.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just watch the video. You don't have to believe it. It's not some 13 year old in his parent's basement acting like an expert. The guy is a PhD and he did all his work with a team of PhDs in fields such as medicine, endocrinology, biochemistry and nutritianal science. He actually explains a lot of it in detail.

Dr LOLstig?

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/02/19/a-retrospective-of-the-fructose-alarmism-debate/
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Sugar has also been linked to Cancer.....and even Alzheimers (which tbh worries me more than getting fat from it). :/
    I'm really trying hard to cut down on foods containing Sugar,... but it ain't easy.

Studies have shown that 100% of people who get cancer and Alzheimers have consumed dihydrogen monoxide.

THAT'S THE REAL DANGER PEOPLE. EDUCATE YOURSELVES!
  • littleblackcar
    Options
    Anything is the enemy if you overeat it. Fat. Sugar. Fiber. Vitamin A. Whatever. You can find demons everywhere if you look hard enough.

I don't need that kind of crazy in my life. I will continue to eat sugar. Not enough to hurt myself, but enough to keep life enjoyable.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Sugar has also been linked to Cancer.....and even Alzheimers (which tbh worries me more than getting fat from it). :/
    I'm really trying hard to cut down on foods containing Sugar,... but it ain't easy.

Studies have shown that 100% of people who get cancer and Alzheimers have consumed dihydrogen monoxide.

THAT'S THE REAL DANGER PEOPLE. EDUCATE YOURSELVES!

For more information on dihydrogen monoxide go here http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Now that's what I'm talking about. I nice rebuttal to Lustig's arguments. Although, it seemed very bias (even bitter at times) and he misrepresents Lustig's arguments a few times. I do like the part about how sedentary lifestyles have increased. Very well sourced as well.

At least it is sort of in the right direction of a mature adult discussion.

More please.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options

Dr LOLstig?

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/02/19/a-retrospective-of-the-fructose-alarmism-debate/

I was refering to this btw.
  • acm2789
    acm2789 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think one of the good points he makes is how many products labeled as low fat use sugars to make up for the lack of flavor from removing the fat. Many people don't know this and will buy low fat or reduced fat products assuming they are healthy due to the low grams of fat per serving.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    LOL. Which side is the zealots? Those who demonize foods or those who don't?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Honestly, this topic's gets tiresome. It's been beaten to death.

a dead horse thread on MFP...NEVER!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Sugar is Evil posts make me want to eat an entire bag of sugar with a spoon.
    So they are triggering. Because of sugar. So sugar is triggering!!
    Ermahgerd sugar IS evil!!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    so are you trying to say sugar is bad for you or just the enemy?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    People are always chasing me down trying to push my face to the ground where all they really want to do is suck out my mother ****ing brains, my brains.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    so are you trying to say sugar is bad for you or just the enemy?

LOL
  • ndj1979
    Options
    People are always chasing me down trying to push my face to the ground where all they really want to do is suck out my mother ****ing brains, my brains.

ummm sugar zombies???
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Its sugar indirectly causing the fat

Some people cant control themselves when it comes to sugar, so it tends to be a trigger food to make them eat more

Exercise is not present, or even if exercise is present they are still in excess for their total energy

Glycogen then builds up as excess energy in their bodies

thus making them fat

sugar = devil = fat people = excessive amount of sugar is eval threads = annoyed Fitbeto = not going on the message boards as often
    After a year of great success I fell of the no sugar wagon and can't stop bingeing.:sad: I don't have time to read it today but this post sounds like my life. I really don't want the ten pounds I put back on and I need to lose the other 60. Sugar is the ONLY thing I am struggling with. Otherwise I am eating pretty healthy and not having pop at all.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I absolutely find it amusing when I come across forms that are bashing cereals because they are "high in sugar". How about you measure out the serving size and only eat that instead of filling the whole damn bowl?

Sticking to the serving size on cereal boxes.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Not filling the entire bowl....