I weigh 40 pounds more than Kirstie Alley? Seriously!

2»

Replies

• gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    I think for the most part, the difference is, that fat is around 3 times the size of muscle. Another factor is your frame, I can't wrap my fingers around my wrists so that they touch, I have a very large frame, my shoulders are very wide too, I always joke that if I lifted weights I could propably compete with Arnold:bigsmile: . The third is what you wear. There are flattering clothes for most any body shape, but most of the stuff I see her wear is more in the mumu style and not very flattering. She somehow looks sloppy to me and I find it sad that she portrais herself in that way. There are other actresses that are heavy and still look beautiful, I love Queen Lativa or Penelope from Criminal Minds.
    But that is just my opinion ....
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    now darn it jaybird, that just makes me mad! LOL.
    About 13 years ago, I lost from 172 to 129. Even at 129 lbs. I was wearing a size 9/10.

I, evidently, am built like a truck.

Hahaha! So am I so I can relate. My sister-in-law wears a size smaller than me! And I swear we're close to the same size or if anything I'm smaller. It's how you're built and how you carry it.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    I weigh about 173, am 5' 4" and wear a 12.
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    165 5'5" and about an 11US (more of a 10 around the butt/thighs but more of a 12 around the waist/hips)
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    I've also noticed that some size 10 and 8 look bigger than I do especially in the upper body. I am pear-shaped and an smaller on top. But there are girls here who wear 10s and 8s and all I can think to myself is "If that's what an 8 and 10 look like, I must look like a bimp." It's annoying sometimes.

But I just dropped a size so I will do a little victory dance over it an accept it.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    2 big things that people fail to recognize many times, (one of which has been indirectly mentioned on here) are muscle density (mass) and bone density.

2 people can have exactly the same measurements, and one can have more dense bones and/or muscles and they can be 20, 30, or even 40 lbs different.

Don't let it get to you.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Some people carry weight "better" than others. I am 151 lbs today (I weigh at my Curves gym) and a women behind me today said "wow, I weigh 15 lbs less than you but you look skinnier!" My first thought was why the hell are you behind me looking at my weight while I am on the scale! But then I thought wow, she does look bigger than me.
    You know how people say fat weighs less muscle weighs more? No a pound of fat and a pound of muscle both weigh one pound. But muscle looks smaller because it is more dense.
    Congrats you have more muscle than Kirstie. But try not to compare, we are all different people and different sizes so life stays interesting!
    :flowerforyou:
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    I say you are lucky for your jean size...My starting point was 277 and I was wearing a 24/26 jean and shirt...now I have lost 31lbs and I were a size 20 jean and a 1x shirt...but I am happy with what I am achiving..but I also work at a department store customer service desk and I see clothing returned all the time and I always wonder the same thing..
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    At 190-something I wear a 16 - I'm 5'6"
    My measurements were almost to a tee with a friend of mine, she had +1" on her hips, and +2 inches in her bust. She weighs 20 pounds less than me. She says she wears a 12, but if her waist and hips are on par with mine, I don't see HOW it is possible, wearing a 14 I get muffintop and I fear a button may become a missile projectile and maim someone :embarassed:

I always joke that my bones are made of lead or something...

I also caught the show, and some trailers for the show. How pathetic she doesn't even know how to workout.
This discussion has been closed.