Share the REAL reasons why you're fat (or too thin)

Options

Replies

• figureformin
    figureformin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    sweets and cheese...if I was in a good mood I can eat plenty of both, If I was in a terrible mood I would ALWAYS exceed plenty by far
  • AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just from poor eating. Eating junk. Working and ordering out or going to fast food places for lunch. Then I got pregnant and gained 50 lbs. That was 3 years ago and I'm just now being 100% commited to losing that baby weight and than some. I put myself in this situation and I'm going to get myself out of it.
  • vaceves
    vaceves Posts: 6
    Options
    I became overweight because I love delicious food and big portions of it. =)
  • dozzer1
    dozzer1 Posts: 1
    Options
    my issue is im far too inactive! i have a sit around day job and watch too much tv at night! its too easy to eat when bored aswell.
  • Nina91_4ever
    Options
    Depression, stress, death of my mother. Instead of dealing with things I ate, it became a compulsion. Everyday I have to make a choice to do better, some days are better than others, but I just have to keep going, my family and my health are worth more to me.

My mother passed away 3 years ago, so I totally understand how hard it can be to deal with things when losing someone so close., but you said it right...family and health are worth more. Here's to better days and a healthy life!! :drinker:
  • smickey827
    smickey827 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have to say I love snacks, chocolate, crisps. They are far too easy to eat and cheap!!! Plus I have three kids, two within 15 months of eachother and found it hard to lose the baby weight. Now I work 24/7 and don't eat properly or find the energy to exercise. Need help!
  • kbelliot
    kbelliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    LOTS of red wine, meat, cheese and crackers for a treat after I had already eaten more than a full days calories and did absolutely no exercise!! And I always told myself that I didn't over eat!
  • shannonalgren
    Options
    was molested at age 4 and hid from the world, I ate to make up for not having friends, it was my comfort thing
  • RxVirus
    RxVirus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I was actually very thin when I was living in Mexico but as soon as I was able to cross the border into San Diego I got used to a fast food diet. I would have to wake up at 4 AM to cross just to get to school on time but the only places that were around were Mc. Donalds and Jack in the Box. I got on a fast food diet quickly. I thought everything was fine until I started eating this sort of food for breakfast lunch and dinner. I also consumed a lot of Chinese food because I worked in a mall with ****ty food court food. In about 2-3 years I went from being 115lbs to 140! D: I didnt realize this until after a tamale dinner with my boyfriends friend's family( lol sounds weird I know) when I jokingly went on a scale. It was from then I wanted to change my life around.
    I broke out of the fast food diet and am even vegan now. I feel a lot better even though I haven't lost much weight. My stomach aches went away, and I feel I breathe better at night, lol. But yeah...still trying ^^;
  • katies71123
    Options
    Death of husband, mother, father, aunt and best friend within a 3 year period (<--this one has now made me the strongest person I will ever know...just took some time and lots of food to realize it.)
  • tomatini
    tomatini Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is by no means a dark secret, but a couple of years ago I got this INSANELY stressful desk job with long hours. I have a tendency to snack when I'm stressed, so that combined with sitting for 10+ hours per day combined with coming home and ordering greasy takeout because I was too tired to cook = lots of weight gain. Not to mention the fact that I had been extremely physical (lots of running and hiking) prior to getting that job, and suddenly I was totally sedentary but still eating at least as much food as before. I ended up quitting that job eventually, but the extra pounds take much more time and motivation to shake!
  • Emeener
    Emeener Posts: 28
    Options
    I've always seemed to love food more than the people around me, and I guess maybe I've always been a compulsive eater, but it was never a problem because I was very thin anyway up until about age 15 when I reached my full height. I started slowly gaining weight, then I freaked out and tried to lose it all and got obsessive about calories and exercise, and I eventually pushed myself into binge eating and bulimia (this was around junior year). I would binge, purge, restrict, always losing and gaining weight and feeling out of control as I got bigger and bigger. I was also on accutane, which caused depression, and birth control, which made me always hungry. It was a horrible combination. By senior year, I was finally off the meds and now that I was able to feel happy again, I completely devoted myself to getting over my eating disorder. I stopped counting calories, did extensive research on nutrition and health, and I finally fixed my relationship with food for the most part. Throughout recovery, I stayed at pretty much the same weight, or maybe gained a few pounds of muscle, but what matters is that I no longer felt like everyday was a struggle to control myself. Now, I'm a freshman in college and i'm working on losing the weight that I gained back in high school due to my disorder. I'm doing this all the healthy way, with a much higher calorie allowance than before, as well as a better mindset, and it has caused me no stress whatsoever so far. I really feel like I'm in a good place and I'm so proud of how far I've already come.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Chubby girl = chubby pre-adolescent = chubby teen = starving teen = average young adult and newlywed who didn't know how to eat healthy. Had 3 babies in six years = chubby mom. Onset of yo-yo dieting years. Oh, and I love food, especially sugar, cheese and chocolate. I'm a good cook and a better baker. I don't like sweating. I have a sedentary job and am terribly prone to ingrown toenails and foot pain if I'm on my feet a lot. What was the question again?
  • TomjsAj
    TomjsAj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Drank to much.
    Ate to much.
    Knee injury.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Aspartame.
    Splenda.
    GMO foods.
    The government.

No wait, it wasn't that at all. I ATE TOO MUCH!
  • WeatherGirl8
    WeatherGirl8 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    A guy I was dating stupidly guessed that I was 140 lbs, when I only weighed about 117-120. I'm over 5'8''. Yes, I've always been skinny. But he hurt me and then left me and some stupid voice in my head that completely lacked logic or reason said "Oh, lose weight! You'll show him!"

So my weight plunged down to 106. I went to the doctor, they told me to come here and start tracking so that I would gain. I was afraid of gaining. Terrified, almost. I became obsessed with counting calories. My weight's gone up slowly, it plunged again when some sad stuff happened in my life, but I really want to be healthy now. And not look like a stick figure with awkwardly small muscles.
  • bucketbott
    bucketbott Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My dad died when I was 11. For several years after that I just didn't care about my health or how I looked.
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I let my family history & tendency towards obesity be my excuse for neither watching my food intake nor exercising. I was a relatively svelte 148 lbs, I was the skinniest person on my mom's side of the family - by a good 50 pounds! I was nearly anorexic compared to my 400+ pound aunts (or my 500+ pound grandfather who died before I was born).

What I failed to realize until just a few weeks ago, was that I was still fat (on my 5'2" frame, 148 lbs is fat). I was still over-stressing my already bad knees. I was still Making my lifelong GERD/acid reflux worse than it really need to be. I was still the owner of an out-of-shape body that felt years older than the calendar said I was.

Yes, I grew up poor & on food stamps & government cheese. Yes my single mother was working & going to school and left me to fend for dinner for myself & my 3-years-younger brother (starting when I was 12). I can count on one hand the number of times we had a sit-down dinner with my family around the table. I *NEVER* learned proper nutrition or eating habits.

I was letting all of that be my excuse.
  • rugrisham
    rugrisham Posts: 14
    Options
    I've never felt uncomfortable in my body before and dispite being one of the largest femals in my family (tallest and heaviest) it never occured to me that I was fat. I've loved food, it's always been there for me, my mom may have been working three jobs for it to be there but I never had to worry that I wouldn't have enough to eat and I've go 20 different ways to make top ramen. But all that was just and excuse. Food is not my friend and it should not be what I turn to when something happens in my life. My dad may not have wanted a family and that affected me a lot stronger before I had kids of my own but food should not be what I turn to to drown out those pains. I weigh 230ish lbs it wasn't until I was a mother and was sitting on the back porch watching my kids play with them asking me to join in that I realized That's what I want not the fat momma watching her kids play and have fun or the one training them to sit infront of an electrionic device just so I don't have to run or clean up after them I want to be the mom able to run around and play with them I want to be the mom that takes them on hikes and camping trips and bike rides and walks to the park that is able to play at the park after walking 2 miles to get there. The reasons I am fat are I never wanted to know better I was shown nutrition charts and the like in school but it never stuck that stuff was never in my kitchen. The reason I will no longer be fat is that my kids and I deserve for me to be an active part in their life.

32138111.png
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    got run over by an 18wheeler