Is it worth all the hunger pain?

Options
124»

Replies

• keepingm0tivated
    Options
    Try a mediterranean diet. You'll never be hungry. Or try eating 6 tiny meals a day rather than 3 larger ones.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi, I looked at your diary, what kind of diet do you think you are on? I see alot of takeout food, My husband is following my meal plan right now and has lost 25lbs, if your interested in eating clean you can friend me and look at my dairy, :)
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    eat more protein and more healthy fats. spread it out every 4 hours or so during your waking hours. you won't be hungry!
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Your food is not very nutrient dense. You may be making better choices than you have in the past, but when you're dealing with limited calories, they have to have a lot of nutrients. Also, learn to tell the difference in hunger and cravings. Yesterday I had what someone on Reddit called "Foraging Bear Syndrome". I wasn't hungry, meaning I didn't have that definite "empty stomach" kind of gnawing feeling. I wasn't light headed, and I wasn't dizzy. I wanted to just EAT ALL THE THINGS! All day long. Some days are just like that, and you have to deal with them. They're kind of the body's temper tantrum because it's not getting the junk it likes. Real hunger is a signal from your body that you need to change something. While more calories may be the answer, what I've found is that BETTER calories is more satisfying for me in the long run. Your limits seem a bit low for a male as well. Try eating 1500 calories a day of nutrient dense foods from every food group. Steam a head of broccoli, and 6 ounces of chicken breast. Dump a tablespoon of sesame soy dressing on it and chow down. You'll be hard pressed to eat all of it at under 300 calories. For breakfast have six ounces of full fat greek yogurt and 6 ounces of blackberries. Again, 300 calories and the full fat greek yogurt has a great mouthfeel and satisfies you. For lunch try two boiled eggs, a ton of cut up raw veggies and 2 ounces of full fat plain greek yogurt for dipping. Another 300 calories or so. If you want, throw in an ounce of Special K Cracker Chips in Honey BBQ flavor for another 110 calories. Amy's Organics makes a Spanish Rice and Red Bean soup that's 280 calories a can and last night after I came back from a two mile walk it was filling and finally made the "foraging bear syndrome" go away. I don't eat back my exercise calories. I find that MFP lies like a dog about how much I've really burned, and I'm sure I'd get into a major plateau if I started playing that game. Go by your body's signals. If you feel weak and tired and dizzy without eating back exercise calories, try a small protien and complex carbohydrate rich snack about 30 minutes after your workout. Best of luck to you.
  • booksmack
    Options
    I am hungry all the time. but I HAVE to lose weight to get healthy. I couldn't do 1200 calories. I am doing 1500 calories. When I eat, a meal I make sure I have 1 portion. When you eat fast food, there is so much fat, sodium and carbs. Its disgusting. I have 3 regular meals, at the right portions. and 3 healthy snacks in the morning, afternoon and evening.
    for example baby carrots dipped in lite ranch dressing, or an apple, or banana. If I feel hungry I drink WATER. because it fills in the emptiness. and gets me through until the next meal.
    Now my stomach is shrinking and it is getting easier after only 2 weeks. Yes it is worth it, because then I will be around for my children and grandchildren. And I will look AWESOME!
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't normally care about what any one eats, but I just went through 4 days of your diary for the hell of it.

You ate McDonald's, Taco Bell, KFC, Carl's Jr, and other CRAP.

Eat some real food.

^^ Nonsense

I don't understand, how is this nonsense?
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    A man should not have a calorie goal as low as 1200 cal/day, that's simply not healthy. That's the low end, appropriate for a small woman. A man shouldn't be going below at least 1500-1600. And the foods you are eating are not particularly healthy or filling - you'll find you can eat a lot more if you eat lean proteins, and high-fiber vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Junk food tends to be very high in calories for very little food.

This^^^ The additives in the foods you're consuming are also, in part, designed to make you hungrier for more of the same. I suggest seeing a nutritionist to help you if you're struggling. They're often covered under your health insurance, so it may pay to check there first if you go that route. Best wishes.

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
    Tony Giardino: So who's in this Pentavirate?
    Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"
    Charlie Mackenzie: Dad, how can you hate "The Colonel"?
    Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartass!

Lol... best movie EVER!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't normally care about what any one eats, but I just went through 4 days of your diary for the hell of it.

Eat some real food.

^^ Nonsense

There's nothing wrong with eating any of those foods. His problem is his calorie goal.
  • amilypic
    amilypic Posts: 30
    Options

Eat some real food.

THIS. Not only is that stuff full of empty calories, but it doesn't keep you full.

It's so much easier to eat healthy, fill up, and still have room for snacks and stuff laterr.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Eat some real food.

^^ Nonsense

There's nothing wrong with eating any of those foods. His problem is his calorie goal.

His calorie goal is a factor, but it is absolutely NOT nonsense that eating calorie dense fast foods will leave you feeling hungry. Further, there is a nothing wrong with occasionally eating those foods, but a lot wrong with eating fast food 3 out of 4 meals. They are loaded with trans fats, HFCS, and are lacking in any micronutrients.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You are probably not eating enough! 1200 calories is the minimum for females, 1400-1500 calories is the minimum for males.

MFP won't recommend less than 1200 calories for females (well not that I have noticed), so it seems really odd since they will recommend lower for males :/

Anyways, do some research, you shouldn't be hungry! :( I use http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

This!! You really need to figure out your TDEE and go from there. Good luck!