13»

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Only when I'm hungry...

Are you hungry now?
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    It depends on WHO is trying to hurt my feelings.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Only when I'm hungry...

This! I'm hypoglycemic and if I'm hungry pretty much anything will make me cry lol. It's especially bad if I don't eat breakfast right away after I get up.

I was actually treated for Bipolar disorder for years, my mom had me on constant diets + teen angst over an unhappy home life led everyone to believe I was bipolar, as soon as I moved away from poisonous people and started eating like a normal person it went away. So basically half of my life was spent with everyone thinking I'm a basket case when really my blood sugar was just out of whack. Now if I'm getting out of sorts I know I just need to eat something, and boop! Back to happy, bubbly Muffin!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Yes I am very sensitive!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Only when I'm hungry...

Are you hungry now?

I AM. FEED ME!!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    I think it depends on what I think of the person who states it. If my husband for instance said something mean to me it would devastate me.

If it were a stranger on the street or a customer at work I could care less as they would say it to anyone.

Over the internet it's really pointless. The more someone is specific or ongoing about it the more I'll take it seriously. Usually blocking does the trick. I haven't had that problem yet though.
  • jbutterflye
    Only when I'm hungry...

Are you hungry now?

I AM. FEED ME!!

Will this hit the spot?

baconsundae_zps66887553.jpg
  • SVCat
    Only when I'm hungry...

Are you hungry now?

I AM. FEED ME!!

Will this hit the spot?

Damn you!!!!!
  • sandynas
    sandynas Posts: 89 Member
    Only when I'm hungry...

Are you hungry now?

I AM. FEED ME!!

Will this hit the spot?

[/quote/]

Ok u seriously gave me a foodgasm.. :smokin:
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    I used to be extremely sensitive but I've gotten MUCH better over the years. A lot of that is thanks to my job. My department tends to be a scapegoat. If something goes badly, it's our fault. If something goes well, it has nothing to do with us. People are irritated with me on a daily basis just because I'm doing my job. I've learned to take pride in my work and in myself...I know I'm a good person...if other people can't see that, that's not my fault, and I've been working on expanding that way of thinking to outside of work. I definitely am crushed when I upset someone I care about, or when someone I care about is upset with me. But beyond that, even though I have this "instinct" to feel hurt when someone is mean or rude or rejects me, I'm getting much better at stopping, thinking, and shrugging it off.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Unfortunately, having thinned skin is one of my "bad traits" if you consider it bad. I grew up in a dysfunctional family, lost alot of loved ones (including both my parents, my twin brother and my nephew to suicide in a 5 year period), and overcoming some self-esteem issues. I am STRONG when it comes to dealing with these types of life events. But the moment someone says something, that I think is insulting, I take it personal in 2.2 seconds.

I often am told that I take things too personal and sensitive. Perhaps it's from the cloth I was cut from. Perhaps it's from all the tragic losses I have had to succombed to, perhaps it's just because I am an emotional person who values other's peoples opinions more than I value my very own.

I see this trait in my daughter; she's a very emotional person who is loving and kind and cries during a sad movie/cartoon. I wonder sometimes if she's going to be thinned-skinned person I am. I am learning to try to let things roll off my back and teach her those same value. The only thing that matters is what WE think of ourselves and our own opinions and ideals. Everyone else can go pound salt!
  • jbutterflye
    Unfortunately, having thinned skin is one of my "bad traits" if you consider it bad. I grew up in a dysfunctional family, lost alot of loved ones (including both my parents, my twin brother and my nephew to suicide in a 5 year period), and overcoming some self-esteem issues. I am STRONG when it comes to dealing with these types of life events. But the moment someone says something, that I think is insulting, I take it personal in 2.2 seconds.

I often am told that I take things too personal and sensitive. Perhaps it's from the cloth I was cut from. Perhaps it's from all the tragic losses I have had to succombed to, perhaps it's just because I am an emotional person who values other's peoples opinions more than I value my very own.

I see this trait in my daughter; she's a very emotional person who is loving and kind and cries during a sad movie/cartoon. I wonder sometimes if she's going to be thinned-skinned person I am. I am learning to try to let things roll off my back and teach her those same value. The only thing that matters is what WE think of ourselves and our own opinions and ideals. Everyone else can go pound salt!

I definitely think having a dysfunctional upbringing and big losses in life often result in higher emotional sensitivity. It does give the opportunity to learn more strength and self sufficiency in that area, which is a silver lining I think. I've been down that road as well. I think this is a big part of why I gained weight, was from emotional eating in reaction to those issues.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    So much so that I avoid any opportunities for them to get hurt. It's ridiculous :indifferent:
  • SVCat
    Only when I'm hungry...

Are you hungry now?

I AM. FEED ME!!

Will this hit the spot?

[/quote/]

Ok u seriously gave me a foodgasm.. :smokin:

It's mine! Step off!
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member

I definitely think having a dysfunctional upbringing and big losses in life often result in higher emotional sensitivity. It does give the opportunity to learn more strength and self sufficiency in that area, which is a silver lining I think. I've been down that road as well. I think this is a big part of why I gained weight, was from emotional eating in reaction to those issues.

I never turned to food to cure my emotional sensitivity and losses; my vice was alcohol. I'd eat my calories in wine. It started to become a huge problem physically (packing on the pounds and being sick all the time) and mentally (the thoughts and feelings that co-exist with addiction). I am now sober and eating better and taking better care of myself. I'm still working on the "hypersensitivity" issues :)