2 things I can't give up

13»

Replies

• lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    it is nothing for me to eat a small pizza and consume 12 blue moons there.

I'd be on the floor passed out! I have a drink every few months. Before having kids I'd partake in those tasty beverages on the weekends or when out to dinner with friends. But now, I have to work early and be a mom first thing in the mornings. I couldn't function! I am a super light weight now! a half of a beer or half a glass of wine is plenty for me!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    it is nothing for me to eat a small pizza and consume 12 blue moons there.

I'd be on the floor passed out! I have a drink every few months. Before having kids I'd partake in those tasty beverages on the weekends or when out to dinner with friends. But now, I have to work early and be a mom first thing in the mornings. I couldn't function! I am a super light weight now! a half of a beer or half a glass of wine is plenty for me!

Me too! I'm not a mom, but I have hardly had a drink in months. Now half a glass of wine with dinner is enough to make me tipsy. It's a little ridiculous, but sure saves money and calories when I go out!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Peanut Butter!

Peanut butter is very good for you. It is high in calories but if you measure it its fine.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    I will never give up anything. If I did, I'd crave it, and binge.

Although my worst habits are alcohol and candy. There's a candy dish at work staring at me. Usually I will let myself have a piece of dark chocolate here or there, but when we get late night calls and get stuck here for a few extra hours... sometimes it ends up being more.

As for alcohol... there's not many calories in bourbon :laugh:
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Real, full-fat dessert.

Look at my food diary and you'll see what I mean. I don't crave refined sugar till after dinner. Homemade choc chip cookies, full-fat ice cream. I love it too much. I measure my portions, carefully though. Good thing I like to run!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    I love too much food to give it up.

I just say "moderation." That way instead of craving pizza I have a slice and feel happy knowing I can eat bits here and there without gorging on food.

But, Pizza. And cheese. And icecream.. and cookies! Yum. :)
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    I love too much food to give it up.

I just say "moderation." That way instead of craving pizza I have a slice and feel happy knowing I can eat bits here and there without gorging on food.

But, Pizza. And cheese. And icecream.. and cookies! Yum. :)

I think this is wise advice. If you crave something, have a little bit! That's the only way a healthy lifestyle can truly be sustainable.
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Alcohol (having good times out with friends!) and chocolate

just concentrating on having both in moderation :)
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    I haven't given up anything, but I did have to learn that some things are best in moderation.
    My favorite beer (KIllian's Red) has 163 calories in 12 oiunces. It has to be a very active day for me to even consider drinking three of the., but it does happen.
    Vice 2- MExican food, I usually just try to choose healthier options while there or know I will be working out!
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    1. chocolate chip cookies
    2. hot dogs

:-)
This discussion has been closed.