Strong Lifts vs. Starting Strength

Options
124»

Replies

• jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options

FYI-SL is only about compound lifts...it sounds like you are doing those already. Squats, deads, bench press, OHP and rows are not ISO moves. They are compound moves as they use several muscles at one time. It may only be three moves in a session, but SL is a whole body workout. If you want to work on strength, SL is awesome....but you will need to eat more than maintenance after a while if you want to see big strength gains....without fuel, you will stall. I think you should try it....it is an awesome program!

Sorry.. sometimes I get mixed up on the terminology. lol Mainly I'm doing all of these exercises with low to moderate weight and very high rep so I'm looking to pull back from that and focus on higher weight and lower reps. I'm definitely going to do the program and I am aware of the stall, but as of present I have about 10-12 pounds I'd like to get rid of. I however, don't make it a major priority as I would rather lose body fat so as long as I can do that I'm happy.. I know I will eventually have to up my cals for increased gains and I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I eat roughly 1600 cals/day. I want more strength like a power builder without compromising aesthetics. a Power Builder if you will LOL :laugh:

Well lifting heavy will definitly help you lose fat....even when my loss completely stalled, I still was losing fat. Best of luck!
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch everyone I super appreciate it :flowerforyou: