If anyone is bored out there, looking to help a girl out!

Replies

• shineyapple
    shineyapple Posts: 94 Member
    Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

"As fat becomes scarce, muscle is easier to break down and transport. And thus, the reason why it's harder to lose that "Last 10 pounds". If you are swimming 3-4 times a week for about 20-30 mins, that will really help. It's a good compound workout.

Yep thats very long but Ill try to read :)
  • shineyapple
    Thank you:D ...just being silly goose lolol
    Okay guys, nothing to see here. Topic maker is obviously a troll with lines like " I am the healthiest person on earth lol".

Please don't judge people. Troll or not, it's still not right to assume or rule someone out.. :\
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    wow..you look amazing in both :P good for you!

I will definitely think about lifting.. But I just have one question.. If I started and lost a couple inches, what would Happen if I stopped? I would lose all the muscle and just go back to regular?! The reason why Im asking is because I dont know if I can maintain a routine with lifting. I am active I like to do fun things. I dont like lifting and all that lol I find it boring so I am not completely positive that Ill stick to it.. you know?! I dont want to go into a territory where I could easily back off from...I dont think I would be committed and I dont want to change my body and than change it back to the way it was before... ?Know what I mean :)

I really like to lift, but I get bored doing it for an extended period of time because my mind wanders. Normally I'm doing two or three things at once, so lifting was a bit tedious for me when I started. Then someone mentioned listening to audiobooks and podcasts while working out, and now I can lift while getting mental stimulation, which is the perfect mix for me.
  • shineyapple
    Omg ...amazing idea...
    wow..you look amazing in both :P good for you!

I will definitely think about lifting.. But I just have one question.. If I started and lost a couple inches, what would Happen if I stopped? I would lose all the muscle and just go back to regular?! The reason why Im asking is because I dont know if I can maintain a routine with lifting. I am active I like to do fun things. I dont like lifting and all that lol I find it boring so I am not completely positive that Ill stick to it.. you know?! I dont want to go into a territory where I could easily back off from...I dont think I would be committed and I dont want to change my body and than change it back to the way it was before... ?Know what I mean :)

I really like to lift, but I get bored doing it for an extended period of time because my mind wanders. Normally I'm doing two or three things at once, so lifting was a bit tedious for me when I started. Then someone mentioned listening to audiobooks and podcasts while working out, and now I can lift while getting mental stimulation, which is the perfect mix for me.
  • pewter77
    pewter77 Posts: 1
    One thing you can do is start yoga, maintaining your strength with yoga is fairly easy and I personally find it to be fun/not boring. It also helps flexibility as well. Lifting can help you get more strength and muscle but Yoga can help maintain it as long as you're giving yourself the protein you need.
  • shineyapple
    I love yoga too! i do ashtanga ... :)
    One thing you can do is start yoga, maintaining your strength with yoga is fairly easy and I personally find it to be fun/not boring. It also helps flexibility as well. Lifting can help you get more strength and muscle but Yoga can help maintain it as long as you're giving yourself the protein you need.
  • Jessie324
    Jessie324 Posts: 10
    Ok! So I totally get what you mean by wanting to feel more comfortable. Best advice I can give you is to stop looking at the number. the number is just a number. If you feed your body the right food and the right amount of food then your body is going to lose weight on it's own until it is at what it feels most comfortable at. I know that's kinda confusing.
    So if you eat lots and lots of vegetables, eat good fats, limit your starches to around 150 calories per day and get a good amount of protein in you should lose weight just doing that. Make sure your starches aren't refined starches, limit your starchy vegis and get plenty of the others in, check food labels for basically anything not from a plant. Corn syrup isn't good either but it does come from a plant. Don't eat fake sugars, don't drink diet colas, don't avoid fat, and exercise a little out side of work.
    I'm a waitress so I know how much exercise we get just at work, but our metabolisms get used to it. If you're limiting yourself to 1000 calories a day you're probably going to gain weight. When i worked as a weight loss counselor we had this saying " you have to eat to lose" and it is so true. When i eat 2 bigger meals (breakfast and lunch) then two snacks and then a small dinner i lose weight twice as fast as if i eat 2 meals a day. Eating more, and more frequently keeps your metabolism going!
    Sorry this is a lot, and i have had a long day i'm not sure if all this makes sense. Staying away from fake sugar and ingredients i don't understand on the back of food labels got a lot easier when i watched "Hungry for Change" it's a documentary (on netflix) about the food industry and how a lot of the items that say "diet" make us fat.
    I guess to figure out what you need to do differently is to find out what your diet looks like right now!
    I am horrible at checking stuff like this so you can always message me on here if you have questions or wanna talk or anything! lol
  • shineyapple
    Thank you so much! I always hear of starches but dont know exactly what they mean. like I always thought they were carbohydrates like pasta, rice etc..complex carbs?! :s ahh lol ..so I dont eat much of that anyway..I dont eat bread too often either lol! Definitely going to check that documentary out i love documentaries on this sort of stuff...so much more interesting! thanks agaiN!

Ok! So I totally get what you mean by wanting to feel more comfortable. Best advice I can give you is to stop looking at the number. the number is just a number. If you feed your body the right food and the right amount of food then your body is going to lose weight on it's own until it is at what it feels most comfortable at. I know that's kinda confusing.
    So if you eat lots and lots of vegetables, eat good fats, limit your starches to around 150 calories per day and get a good amount of protein in you should lose weight just doing that. Make sure your starches aren't refined starches, limit your starchy vegis and get plenty of the others in, check food labels for basically anything not from a plant. Corn syrup isn't good either but it does come from a plant. Don't eat fake sugars, don't drink diet colas, don't avoid fat, and exercise a little out side of work.
    I'm a waitress so I know how much exercise we get just at work, but our metabolisms get used to it. If you're limiting yourself to 1000 calories a day you're probably going to gain weight. When i worked as a weight loss counselor we had this saying " you have to eat to lose" and it is so true. When i eat 2 bigger meals (breakfast and lunch) then two snacks and then a small dinner i lose weight twice as fast as if i eat 2 meals a day. Eating more, and more frequently keeps your metabolism going!
    Sorry this is a lot, and i have had a long day i'm not sure if all this makes sense. Staying away from fake sugar and ingredients i don't understand on the back of food labels got a lot easier when i watched "Hungry for Change" it's a documentary (on netflix) about the food industry and how a lot of the items that say "diet" make us fat.
    I guess to figure out what you need to do differently is to find out what your diet looks like right now!
    I am horrible at checking stuff like this so you can always message me on here if you have questions or wanna talk or anything! lol
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    will someone explain to me what a troll is...........................
  • shineyapple
    Lol i dont even know anymore.. i guess sometimes people use that cause they think theyre cool ..haha
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Have your tried running and weight lifting?

Why does it matter?

I walk long distance & I swim. I am wondering simply about calories....

If you're goal is to improve your body composition I would highly recommend strength training.

I know you just asked about calorie intake but given that you're at 18.1% bodyfat and are at a healthy BMI I don't think eating less is your answer.
  • shineyapple
    Yeah I am actually thinking about it now, but i just have no idea where to start :| lol i youtubed a couple videos

Why does it matter?

If you're goal is to improve your body composition I would highly recommend strength training.

I know you just asked about calorie intake but given that you're at 18.1% bodyfat and are at a healthy BMI I don't think eating less is your answer.
  • What's wrong with the calorie amount MFP gives you? It's accurate.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    you probably need to get tone and you would maybe gain muscle weight not lose lbs.. to do so. At your point you need to do something to bring the bmi down a tad bit and focus on strengthening and toning now

Okay no. Thats why I mentioned to not judge on what im trying to do but HOW im doing it. i dont want to strengthen and tone I want to lose fat and inches.

you will if you tone that's what happens, you probably wont lose weight, 120 is about your ideal weight for your size, what that consists of is what makes you lose or gain inches.

you said yourself your body fat is 18% so by the sounds of it you want around the13/14/15% mark to do this, you need to tone your muscles (another word for it is cutting) where you basicly make yourself a bit more ripped by doing this you'll cut your BF % down, what you have to keep in mind is your body can only lose so much fat from diet unless you go well below your calorie needs, which obviously isn't advisable for two reasons 1 because you'll look like death, 2 because you'll feel like death lol

so to get down further you need excersize, maybe insanity? that seems to be very good for getting your desired effects. the long of the short of it is you need to think more athlete/ sport enthusiast to get down to the goal you're aiming for in a healthy way, i say this because i can fully appreciate wanting to cut fat, but at the same time i doubt you want to look unhealthy with it and this way you can eat 1200 - 1500 calories and still cut down BF %

keep in mind i make no judgement, i myself am at about 12% body fat
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Yeah I am actually thinking about it now, but i just have no idea where to start :| lol i youtubed a couple videos

Why does it matter?

This one is free and will get the job done:

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

If you aren't a member at a gym I would recommend

Convict Conditioning

You Are Your Own Gym
  • Jessie324
    Jessie324 Posts: 10
    Aww Yay! I'm glad I could help. I'm so passionate about this stuff sometimes I feel like I get carried away. lol So I'm glad I could help a little! Make sure you still eat some carbs cause you don't want your body to go into ketosis!
    I hope things are going well for you!
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Troll
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    What's wrong with the calorie amount MFP gives you? It's accurate.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLF! That's a good one... MFP does not take into consideration ANYTHING. It gives you a calorie amount based on what YOU tell it. It complete disregards your age, your weight your height and any other important information that one would need to make an informed decision on the correct amount of calories that one should be eating.

For 90% of people it will not be recommending anywhere NEAR enough and most often will recommend an amount that is dangerously low and well BELOW BMR.

Please do some research on your own instead of just blindly trusting a random number plucked from thin air by a website application that does not give a rats behind if you are 20 or 50 or have started your journey weighing 300+ or under 150lbs. It does not care if you are 5 feet tall or 6 feet tall and believe me there is a HUGE difference with respect to calories for all those variables. Looking at EVERYONE here, you would be hard pressed to find 2 people who have exactly the same caloric requirement.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    I love yoga too! i do ashtanga ... :)

Maybe try pilates? I feel like pilates work the muscles more than yoga!! So you will focus more on strength training :) Your weight might not go down but you can achieve a body that looks like 110 by doing more strength training stuff!

Also agree that you should eat between your TDEE and BMR! Don't risk screwing up your metabolism when you're starting off at an awesome height and weight :D (Been there and I'd say the consequences are horrid and not worth it!!)
    Good luck :D

ETA: oops forgot to add that if you're not ready to pay for a pilates class, try fitnessblender.com or youtube! I'm sure there are tons!!
  • What's wrong with the calorie amount MFP gives you? It's accurate.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLF! That's a good one... MFP does not take into consideration ANYTHING. It gives you a calorie amount based on what YOU tell it. It complete disregards your age, your weight your height and any other important information that one would need to make an informed decision on the correct amount of calories that one should be eating.

For 90% of people it will not be recommending anywhere NEAR enough and most often will recommend an amount that is dangerously low and well BELOW BMR.

Please do some research on your own instead of just blindly trusting a random number plucked from thin air by a website application that does not give a rats behind if you are 20 or 50 or have started your journey weighing 300+ or under 150lbs. It does not care if you are 5 feet tall or 6 feet tall and believe me there is a HUGE difference with respect to calories for all those variables. Looking at EVERYONE here, you would be hard pressed to find 2 people who have exactly the same caloric requirement.

oh dear I am disappointed to read this, I assumed the info given on this website would be correct but I hear what you're saying.. can you recommend a website that has a more accurate handle on how many calories you should eat a day, taking in to account all the things that the formula used by MFP doesn't?

Also are you able to put in your own daily calories if you find it to be different from another source?

Sorry to hijack this thread, most interesting responses.