Girlies.... 5ft 8 or 5 ft 9......

Options
2013sk
2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
Im currenly at around 133/134lbs and 5 foot 9, Lost 3/4lbs recently......Anyone the same height as me and this weight?

Wondering what your goals are ie do you want to loose more weight, tone up, loose body fat, build muscle etc?

Thanks!

S x

Replies

• KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    I am 5'8" and you are at my goal weight. I am close to it soon too and losing 0.5/week only. In your shoes, I'd just maintain weight, exercise and eat back calories to tone, not look too thin.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8" and my goal is between 129 and 140....losing body fat & building muscle are my priorities
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently at 136. I've started lifting and am interested in strengthening, lowering BF and reshaping now - could care less if the number goes up :) Still eating at a deficit so building muscle's out for now :)
  • Millsinthemaking
    Options
    5'9 and 130 up from 126... It's just not maintainable at my height and build! According to what my "healthy" weight is I Gould weigh a minimum of 140lbs!
  • SeattleScrambler
    SeattleScrambler Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weigh 153 pounds. This is essentially my goal weight. I have 16% body fat, which is the number that I focus on. I have tried to lose more weight in the past but always end up having to give up some of my athleticism, which I am not willing to negotiate on anymore. I climb mountains, run, and cycle. I usually have 1 8-12 hour activity on a weekend day and do cross training 5x per week for an hour a day.

Sometimes I get jealous when I hear that people that are my height can get down to 135 pounds, but I have to keep it in perspective, recognizing that every individual is unique. Weight isn't the sole determinant of good health.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, and my lowest was 147, but I currently weigh around 154.

Personally, I'd like to get down to 140 one day but I don't think my body would let me.. It seems to like around 150.

I lift weights 2-3X a week and do cardio classes.. and it helps me maintain.
  • Millsinthemaking
    Options
    My body always finds and sticks at 154!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8", currently at 178lb and aiming for 160lb, though I'm more interested in reducing BF% and inches.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Wow, some low weight goals here - you girls must be built pretty differently from me. I'm just shy of 5'8" and aiming for 170-175-ish, currently bobbing back and forth between 192 and 196. I doubt my body will let me go much lower - maybe 165 as an absolute lowest. Like Berry, my main goals now revolve around inches and Body Fat % rather than weight as such.
  • 2013sk
    Options
    I am 5'8" and you are at my goal weight. I am close to it soon too and losing 0.5/week only. In your shoes, I'd just maintain weight, exercise and eat back calories to tone, not look too thin.

Losing 0.5 a week is a good steady loss, Your soon be there, good luck!!!

Yes I think for me to maintain, and exercise 4 - 5 times a week is good, to tone up!!
  • 2013sk
    Options
    Im 5'8" and my goal is between 129 and 140....losing body fat & building muscle are my priorities

Losing body fat & building muscle is the key : )
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weigh 153 pounds. This is essentially my goal weight. I have 16% body fat, which is the number that I focus on. I have tried to lose more weight in the past but always end up having to give up some of my athleticism, which I am not willing to negotiate on anymore. I climb mountains, run, and cycle. I usually have 1 8-12 hour activity on a weekend day and do cross training 5x per week for an hour a day.

Sometimes I get jealous when I hear that people that are my height can get down to 135 pounds, but I have to keep it in perspective, recognizing that every individual is unique. Weight isn't the sole determinant of good health.
    Hold up. Are you sure that's accurate? That would mean you have 128.5lbs of lean tissue which is incredible for a female. Most men have around that much lean tissue. If that's true that's amazing. What method did you use to calculate your body fat?
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and weighing in at 150.4, down from 163. I feel pretty darn good about my weight and body, I have MFP set to maintenance. :drinker:
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wow, some low weight goals here - you girls must be built pretty differently from me. I'm just shy of 5'8" and aiming for 170-175-ish, currently bobbing back and forth between 192 and 196. I doubt my body will let me go much lower - maybe 165 as an absolute lowest. Like Berry, my main goals now revolve around inches and Body Fat % rather than weight as such.

Right! I know im a few inches taller than you all (6 foot)but my goal is 180 I have a ways to go! I could never see me in the 130's
  • nauticaboo
    nauticaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options

This is me too. I'm 5'9", and my first goal weight is 185. I'm 210ish now, and wear a size 12 jeans and large in shirts, so even though my weight would have people to believe I'm obese, I just have a large frame, and I am naturally muscular (in addition to me working out).
  • SeattleScrambler
    SeattleScrambler Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have used various methods, but most recently it's been calipers, tested multiple times per location. I always fall in the 15-18% range. My whole family is very large framed... some of my aunties are 6'4". It makes complete sense to me that I would have at least as much lean mass as an average man, and hopefully more. I train with heavier weights than many men at my gym, can run faster, bike further. I have been consistently working out at eating well for the last 10+ years.

The whole reason I posted my original comment was to help women understand that we are all built differently. :smile:
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9" currently low 170lbs aiming for 154lbs eventually but would be delighted to reach the 160s as i've been plugging away since early January and not lost ANYTHING! Plus side it's stopped going up!

Back to your original question and the last time I was in the 130s I was about 14! You see some very skinny celebrities at 5ft 8/9 weighing around 130lbs but personally, I think that is way too light.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Im 5'8" and weigh 190 and am at 27% BF... no way Id be satisfied at 170, my goal is 18% BF
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and currently weigh in at 177. Starting weight was 210lbs.

My goal is between 150 and 155 lbs.

I can't imagine being any lower than that with my frame size and muscle/toning goals.
  • kimmysueneal
    kimmysueneal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 160 lbs. That was my original goal weight. I would like to be at 155 by this summer and will be happy staying right there. I like to think that I have a decent amount of muscle mass in my body and I don't mind having some curves ;)