women and weight training (Pic heavy)

Options
I see so many beginners here, particularly women who are scared of the weights! DON'T BE! And don't stay in your comfort zone of 5lb-10lbers! Push yourself! I promise you'll love the results. Also, do it before your cardio and it will boost your calories lost. I wish I had known this when I first started losing weight. I focused pretty strictly on cardio and calisthenics to lose the weight. But started adding some dumbbell routines as I went along. When I finally joined the gym, I met some great people (including my current amazing boyfriend) who have taught me proper techniques and new workouts to better myself and my body. I also recently started taking whey protien as well and have already seen a difference! I think women assume that if they touch a dumbbell they're going to turn into a she-hulk, but without proper nutrition and the right drugs it doesn't happen like that: this is what happens

Starting with just cardio:
7068229073_e0ca3daf34.jpg
Workout progress by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people
/kristinamoser/]Khrystina the Ninja[/url], on Flickr

Then I started learning bit by bit at a gym. Had terrible form, and limited equipment at my parents resort (yes, resort gym -_- haha)
Eventually they said I could no longer workout there unless I wanted to spend nearly a thousand dollars a month for my own membership 0_0
7557970336_91972e9c29.jpg
learning. by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
7600109072_ca78fa19d2.jpg
wrar? by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
7843135926_23d3777613.jpg
arms by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr

Then I joined LA Fitness and started really amping it up!
7876860826_ee32aba1df.jpg
Beast Mode by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
A MONTH after that photo was taken I took this one
7990340806_c1f0304cbc.jpg
0914121528 by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
My training buddy Tony has taught me so much about weight training and pushing my limits. None of those fake squats anymore
8176531576_3cd7686f63.jpg
IMG950557 by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr.
Shoulder routine
8258909756_57c9f055b2.jpg
shoulder day by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
8258904780_6230b34e60.jpg
Snapshot_20121207 by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
8406549143_e11c41a516.jpg
triceps and shoulders by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
8519125146_2c177fccca.jpg
POV abs by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr

Take my word for it ladies, once in a while it's ok to join the big boys in the back of the gym. Don't be intimidated. The results don't lie! I've never been more confident in my body my whole life! I'm not stick thin, I'm fit! I weigh a bit more than I did in high school and yet I feel like I have a better body for it! And all those nay-sayers who claim that you'll look "Manly" with muscles....they can bite me ;-)
8518092045_2941701907.jpg
DSCN8386 by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr

Replies

• lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! This is the kind of stuff EVERY heavy lifting chick needs to be putting up to help dispel all those stupid ideas that you somehow grow a penis when you lift weights. lol
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I love this! Awesome thread and even more awesome females! :bigsmile:
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    so inspiring.. :) I want to start lifting heavy too, but convincing my hubby that I'm not going to turn into a she-hulk is
    tough.. xD
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! This is the kind of stuff EVERY heavy lifting chick needs to be putting up to help dispel all those stupid ideas that you somehow grow a penis when you lift weights. lol

Wait, that WASN'T supposed to happen???

:bigsmile: Way to kick *kitten*, OP!
  • Latte_Lover
    Latte_Lover Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! I love the progression you put in pictures! You look pretty bad *kitten* with those weights and super hot and "feminine"

Well done!
  • Shyloh07
    Shyloh07 Posts: 18
    Options
    Did you really drop 11 lbs in your first 8 days?? How did you manage that. Seems like really quick weight loss for 3 months or so. Share your secrets please!
  • Latte_Lover
    Latte_Lover Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    so inspiring.. :) I want to start lifting heavy too, but convincing my hubby that I'm not going to turn into a she-hulk is
    tough.. xD

If you really want to go for it, you should do it. What your husband thinks about how you want to reshape your body should not be a deciding factor.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    yes, more women need to read this!!! LIFTING IS AWESOME!!! most importantly, girls wont bulk up
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!:flowerforyou:
  • mosertheninja
    mosertheninja Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Best way to prove him wrong, is by proving him wrong. I started heavy lifting when I was still with my ex bf, and his friends and family would make fun of me and him and say that I would make him his ***** and stupid things like that. Men find it intimidating. But this is for you and only you.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Amazing and such an inspiration! Great job!
  • rlinaresv
    rlinaresv Posts: 108
    Options
    Not all men think like that (well only the stupid ones hehehehe).
    You look awesome girl, great job
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    love it!!!

Lifting weight has completly changed me inside and out
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wow :) amazing.. it makes me want to run straight to weight room :)
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You look great, love this post
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've been interested in starting. Thanks for the info and the awesome pics!
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Just flat out gorgeous. Awesome work.
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are awesome!!! I can't wait until I see results like yours someday.
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    hotness!