First World Problems..

Options
13»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Getting a blemish. High heels hurting my feet.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    When I couldn't get my new iPhone 6 to pair with my car. What? - I'm gonna have to pair it manually each time?!

note: the new OS patch fixed the issue! Phew!!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mlfb1zNPvT1qbmvq8o1_500.gif
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Sorry the post reminded me of the song. I don't like to feel dismissed and I would if I felt like someone was suggesting my problems don't matter because there are bigger issues elsewhere.

My brother and his family do charitable work in impoverished areas and I can't imagine him suggesting my issues aren't important because they aren't as bad as some things he has seen.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    enhanced-buzz-27820-1411357910-4.jpg
  • pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    chadgard wrote: »
    I hate the whole "First World Problems...." thing, because it's usually Americans complaining about their problems. But America is not a First World country. This is the New World - ie, the 2nd world. Smooshing us in to the 1st world, and naming many old world countries "2nd world" during the cold war was just annoying and confusing, and the cold war is over now anyway.

In an era when many college students can't locate Washington, DC on a map, should we really be cluttering up peoples geographic minds this way? Simply knowing which world a country belongs to will become as difficult as remember whether coffee or fat or carbs or whatever is good or bad!

Now I am not sure what I should be calling my problems, seeing as I am from New Zealand, but was born in England? Which way should I go? It's a dilemma...
  • fatmanonadiet
    fatmanonadiet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When a popular green logo'd coffee shop is all out of Caramel sauce #firstworldproblems
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I can't find remote so I have to change the television by hand! Lol

You can change a tv maually? Really?

I kid you not. My roommate texted me to ask how I turn on the TV. There is no remote. It didn't come with one. It was second hand, and it'd gotten lost in the mix somewhere. I personally don't care that it doesn't have a remote. I have to move 3 feet to get from couch to TV, and I don't watch all that much TV anyway.

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    I have short people problems. I look hella sexy doing the oompa loompa dance, too. They're my distant relatives :3
  • PeterSedesse
    PeterSedesse Posts: 124
    edited November 2014
    Options
    chadgard wrote: »
    I hate the whole "First World Problems...." thing, because it's usually Americans complaining about their problems. But America is not a First World country. This is the New World - ie, the 2nd world. Smooshing us in to the 1st world, and naming many old world countries "2nd world" during the cold war was just annoying and confusing, and the cold war is over now anyway.

In an era when many college students can't locate Washington, DC on a map, should we really be cluttering up peoples geographic minds this way? Simply knowing which world a country belongs to will become as difficult as remember whether coffee or fat or carbs or whatever is good or bad!

Sorry, but you don´t know the meaning of ´first world´. First, second and third world refers to two economic standards, viable capitalism(with democracy) and industrialization. If you have both, you are first world, if you have neither you are third world. Countries like N.Korea ( with industrialization) or many former soviet countries are sometimes called 2nd world because they don´t have real capitalism ( it is still centrally controlled by a few people). China is on the verge, or just recently has become a first world country ( because in the practical sense, it has capitalism even if they don´t admit it).

1st world - capitalism with democracy, industrialization
    2nd world - usually just industrialization
    3rd world - neither

I have lived in a 3rd world country for the past couple years. It is a real eye opener... but I still have first world problems here that I laugh at when I consider what the people living here go through.