T.H.E Team Starting fresh

Options
"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."

You will reach your goal for sure if you break a complicated task into small actionable steps. Do just one step at a time. To get started, choose something you know you can do easily. That can get the ball rolling for getting more done. These small steps will get you where you need to go. This isn't a race. This is the rest of our lives. Why go for the quick fix today when tomorrow it may need fixing again.... The slow and steady win the the race they say... that's what we're here to do....

Welcome to the "T.H.E" Group. It stands for "Trying Hard Everyday". We don't just try when we feel like it. Loosing weight and getting into shape isn't just a I'll do it when I feel like it kinda thing. It's an everyday thing. From the moment we wake up, to the moment we go to sleep everyday...

This is an awesome group. We've been around for over a year. I started posting in this group when I was about to give up. I didn't know where to turn. I have found this group to give me the support and the emotional energy when I need it. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a good support team in person. That is one reason why we exist. Most of us here rely on each other for that extra help. We do not put others down. We do not criticize. We laugh and we have fun. We help each other out.

Our weeks begin on Tuesday. We check in on Fridays. A new thing that we're hoping to do is after you check in, tell us one thing you did that helped you or hurt you with your check in stats. It could be taking an extra walk, declining a second helping of food... if you gained, what might have caused you to gain? We need to start reflecting and and get it all out there....

But come Tuesday, it's a brand new week. No more beating yourself up if you gained... that was the week before and this is a new week... So you have a few days to reflect and vent if you need too... You won't get put down for venting here....

This is how we would like to post our stats. It is very easy for everyone to see with out having to really search through all the posts. So we post like this on Friday...

Pawprint-sw178,gw130,cw136 Loss of *_* pounds (or gain)

sw=starting weight.
gw=goal weight
cw=current weight

We like to copy and paste the list while adding yourself to the bottom of the list. It's easy to follow along like that.

Our challenge for the week... do something to reward yourself that doesn't involve food. I think mine might be a hair cut. Or maybe a new pair of capris. What's yours? Make it a daily reward or a weekly reward. Make it both if you need the motivation.

Newbies are always welcome. It's never too late this join. Tell us about yourself and share with us why your here. We'll all here for a reason. Some of us more than others. For me losing weight isn't just about the numbers. It's about getting my life back, and my self confidence.

I will always post the link for the new thread at the end of the current thread so that we don't lose anyone from week to week. I know sometimes it may get confusing keeping up with all the threads.

Replies

• CinthyNair
    CinthyNair Posts: 261
    Options
    Awesome, please count me in. I am adding a new challenge to my workout, so I am expecting some results in 6 weeks *hopefully* :flowerforyou:
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Fantastic.

Count me in

Starting Weight - Dec 1 - 215
    Current Weight - April 14 - 197
    1st Mini Goal - April 30 - 190
    2nd Mini Goal - May 31 - 180
    Final Goal - Dec 11 - 125
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Welcome CinthyNair. We always like having new members join.

Just want to remind everyone, with the weather getting warmer we need to make sure that we are drinking our water. I know here in Ohio we're hitting the 70's. So if your out and being active, drink some extra water.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Wow Kelly great post.. Good job girly.....
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You're doing such a great job Kelly.

I actually made myself eat breakfast and log it! Has anyone noticed the pic of the fat lady next to the post as you reply? She reminds me of me and I wish it would go away! It's that ad for "1 tip of a flat belly" Not much of a motivator when I am trying to post LOL.

start weight June 09, 273.3lb
    goal weight 175lbs
    current weight 245.5
    mini goal July 11th 225lbs
  • nitag
    Options
    Yes Bee I saw that lol. Reminds me of me too... I am trying to exercise but my husband all the sudden had this idea for me to do my Walk away the pounds workout on the Wii internet.. I got in 10 mins and now he is in here downloading and messing with my exercise time.. boob I tell ya.. lol
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wonderful thread start Kelly! Thank you so much for motivating all of us!

Bee... I couldnt agree more... Id rather see the Jillian ad...LOL! She at least is scary in a good way. :laugh:

Well...today is cleaning day and that is going to be my exercise. Its really raining good outside and since I did the gym yesterday and my body is kinda revolting the harder exercise (:ohwell:) I am a little sore and figure cleaning is about the only thing I feel like doing today. And BOY does it need done! There is a huge layer of dust covering just about everything in my downstairs due to these contractors redoing my laundry room. Luckily today, they wont be creating more and should be finished up here by about 1:00. I figure all the dusting, mopping, and vacuuming should be good for several stretching and calorie burning exercises and I reallllly need to stretch today.

Running Stats (use the quote feature and add your info to the end)

Pawprint ~ SW 178/ GW 130/ CW 136
    Pamh5555~ SW 215/ GW 125/ CW 197
    CrazybeeRX~ SW 273.3/ GW 175/ CW 245.5
    Losingit4good~ SW 252.4/ GW 200/ CW 224.2
  • ragarza1
    ragarza1 Posts: 13
    Options

Ragarza1~ SW 160.2/GW 135/ CW 157.5

i didn't expect that number today...just now...guess the running and eating below my calories is working so far if i keep going at this rate i'll be 142 in 5 weeks (says this website...so thats what i'm gonna work for)
  • nitag
    Options

Nitag - SW 230/GW 145 /CW 209
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Yes Bee I saw that lol. Reminds me of me too... I am trying to exercise but my husband all the sudden had this idea for me to do my Walk away the pounds workout on the Wii internet.. I got in 10 mins and now he is in here downloading and messing with my exercise time.. boob I tell ya.. lol

Tell him to, "back off bubb!, this is me time." LOL I hope he is done now so you can get your workout in. Men!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

Well...today is cleaning day and that is going to be my exercise. Its really raining good outside and since I did the gym yesterday and my body is kinda revolting the harder exercise (:ohwell:) I am a little sore and figure cleaning is about the only thing I feel like doing today. And BOY does it need done! There is a huge layer of dust covering just about everything in my downstairs due to these contractors redoing my laundry room. Luckily today, they wont be creating more and should be finished up here by about 1:00. I figure all the dusting, mopping, and vacuuming should be good for several stretching and calorie burning exercises and I reallllly need to stretch today.

Just giving you friendly advice, please do not take offense. I completely understand what you mean about being sore the next day after a hard workout, the advice to get that soreness to go away. Do your workout. Once you through with your warmup, you won't be sore anymore and you will have an awesome workout. Cleaning house is a good workout, but if you are in the middle of a workout program, do your best to push through and forget the rest. Don't give in to the soreness, that is just telling you, you are doing an awesome job and keep pushing yourself.

Keep up the awesome work. I am sure you are excited about your laundry room being done. Have a wonderful afternoon. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

Nitag - SW 230/GW 145 /CW 209
    Jjtonic75 - SW 206.8 / GW 155.0 / CW 166.0
  • nitag
    Options

Tell him to, "back off bubb!, this is me time." LOL I hope he is done now so you can get your workout in. Men!!! :bigsmile:

I ended up taking a walk around our block.. I don't know how far it is.. but the block is 4 houses each with 5 acre parcels. My legs were burning.. Then I did some weights... The internet thing never did work and he kinda just forgot about it I guess cuz it was the same as when I left lol.. Oh well...

Hope everyone has a great evening..

I'll check in again tomorrow...

Nite
  • nitag
    Options
    Wonderful thread start Kelly! Thank you so much for motivating all of us!

Bee... I couldnt agree more... Id rather see the Jillian ad...LOL! She at least is scary in a good way. :laugh:

LI4G.. I just sent you a message on Facebook lol then I log on and see that you did check in...

I did some light cleaning today .. I need to scrub but with all the wind blowing dust it's kind of pointless... I did vacume and dust my bedroom though.. I can't stand seeing dust and with me not working I don't have any excuses......
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

Just giving you friendly advice, please do not take offense. I completely understand what you mean about being sore the next day after a hard workout, the advice to get that soreness to go away. Do your workout. Once you through with your warmup, you won't be sore anymore and you will have an awesome workout. Cleaning house is a good workout, but if you are in the middle of a workout program, do your best to push through and forget the rest. Don't give in to the soreness, that is just telling you, you are doing an awesome job and keep pushing yourself.

Keep up the awesome work. I am sure you are excited about your laundry room being done. Have a wonderful afternoon. :bigsmile:

No Offense taken at all! In fact, I was thinking the same exact thing. So even tho I didnt go to the gym, My walking buddy showed up shortly after I posted that with her dust rag in hand and helped me dust down everything in the downstairs. (I tell ya! that is true friendship! :love: ) Since we were done in 1/2 the time and it stopped pouring, we headed out the door to go for a walk around the neighborhood and walked a fast pace for 30 minutes. (this is what I consider a mild workout for me). It felt good to get the fresh air and I definitely needed the anti-stiffening power of the walk for my hips and back to loosen things up.

Im doing the couch-2-5k (at my own pace this time) and hadnt been running like I did yesterday in several months. Thats why I was so sore. My endurance is there, but my muscles are just gonna take some time to accept that I am pushing them again. I went through this last time when I first started working out. Its that "hurts so good, you know you got something accomplished" type of pain that you LOOK FOR after you have been working out for a while, so Its all good. I'll get over it... :laugh: I knew I would be sore, I just have alot going on right now so its not convient. That doesnt mean Im giving in!! I WILL be doing day 2 of week 1 tomorrow as scheduled... sore or not! LOL

On a really good note.... the laundry room is 95% DONE! Yeeehawwww!!!!! I cant put my washer & dryer back until tomorrow after I finish a tiny bit of painting in there, but that is getting done tonight. (after I watch biggest loser of course!) I'll post before & after pics on facebook so those of you who are on there can see it. I am in 7th heaven as Ive been wanting to do this since we moved in 8 years ago.

Off to finish my journaling for today...:flowerforyou:
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Yippee i logged my food today!!! I drank 4 glasses of water today. I stayed under calories. I even spent my 15 minute break at work walking. I walked down the street for 7.5 minute and turned around and came back LOL. It wasn't much but it was better than nothing.

Glad your bathroom is almost done Cyndi are you getting it ready to sell?

Gonna try to make myself log again tomorrow. One day at a time.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Yippee i logged my food today!!! I drank 4 glasses of water today. I stayed under calories. I even spent my 15 minute break at work walking. I walked down the street for 7.5 minute and turned around and came back LOL. It wasn't much but it was better than nothing.

GOOD FOR YOU BEE!!! Proud of you for getting on track today!! Even squeezing in the activity where you can can be a big help! Good job!

As for the Laundry room renovation. We decided not to move afterall....:wink: Long story.. but definitely the right decision. So no... we are NOT selling. :laugh: HEY.. that reminds me... My hubby will be taking off on the 18th for a few days. You still interested in getting together for girl day? I could drive up. Let me know.
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options

Great job. All it takes is a little at a time. Movement is movement. Start off little and do what you can do. If you try to do too much your running the risk of ending up in pain with your fibro. We're so proud of you.
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Cydni I have a going away party for my daughter on the 18th. I took the 19th and 20th off to help her pack the u-haul for her move to New York. She leaves early morning on the 21st. I took the 21st off cause I figured I'd be a basketcase. If you want to and can come the 21st you can help me get through the day. I have to go back to work on the 22nd. Let me know. I'd love to see you. Glad you aren't moving!
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ragey~ SW 165/GW 139/CW 154.4 <
    add me in!!

THANKS!!