For Ladies ONLY!! (this is for your own sake, men!)

Options
1235»

Replies

• Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Exercise makes it heavier. Which means it stops sooner. And the feeling in your arms on that last rep is so much more engaging than the pain in your back and belly

I'm happy about that.

Although bacon sandwiches alway smell exceptionally good at that time.
  • Marshie13
    Options
    I totally agree with you Cordi
  • Marshie13
    Options
    If Flo became real, I would hold a gun to her head, look straight in her eyes for 10 seconds, say "I hate you, you useless *****," pull the trigger without remorse, kick her into the ditch, and spit on her.

I think all bets are off during pms and those first heavy days. It's all I can do not to wreak hell and havoc on all those in my fuming, raging, crying path, including puppies and small children. I will consume anything and everything I want to, like a voracious beast, like a bottomless sinkhole, and not one MOLECULE of it will remotely resemble a vegetable or a fruit. I will eat enough calories for a person 20 times my size and I will still be hungry. I will NOT exercise because just getting out of bed is already a marathon.

And then a few days later, I'll be back on track and we'll just put all of that unpleasantry behind us. I'm sorry, but you will not catch me dieting or working out during hell time. Nor will I feel guilty about it. It's too much on its own to deal with.

I think I love you!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    It makes me want to eat absolutely everything, especially cheese, chocolate and wine. :frown:
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i crave red meat and cheese and sugar, I eat trail mix instead. the nuts help for some reason. If i'm super hungry i eat ....but no junk. homemade popcorn with a little salt is as far as i go.
    i start popping advil before my period even gets here. i work out on my period and push as hard as i physically can. i also sleep more.
  • Grognit
    Grognit Posts: 50
    Options
    Well I am about to go downstairs and get a handful of M&M Pretzels and some sort of chocolate covered mint ball. Then I am going to give my husband the look of death if he even glances my way and raises his eyebrows and if he starts to talk, I am going to cut him off with a "nuh uh uh...I wouldn't if I were your"

Then I am going to come back upstairs, cry some more watching stupid youtube videos, roll my eyes at some of the posts on my Facebook and maybe feel a little guilty for giving another driver the finger today (no I won't).

Then I am going to take my bloated *kitten* to bed before someone wants something from me :)

I hate Aunt Flo...
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    About a week before my cycle I tend to be easily stressed, mood swings from high to low and I generally feel very negatively about myself. Interestingly I had been pretty numb to PMS for the past few months at a deficit, when I started to eat 1600 calories + daily I began to get some of the symptoms of my cycle back. Oh joy!
  • Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Tom makes me so tired and terribly hungry I would eat a cow a day before it comes. I can't exercise on the first day cause I can't move much. Last time I was so weak I took iron tabs and that made it flow more so I won't repeat that mistake.
  • boryie
    boryie Posts: 1
    Options
    this forum was very helpful. i too suffer from PMS, cravings from smoothies, peanut butter (half a jar/ok i lied, a jar), chips, cupcakes, fried oreos and soo much more!! and ya'll mentioned chocolates?? haha...my chocolates need to have bits and pieces of either toffee, coconut,, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, caramel and anything you could drizzle/dip chocolate in. not to mention the lovely mood swingS that brightens my boyfriends day, =) haha.. (trust me, i feel horrible). anyways, i DID NOTICE a change in my symptoms when i started to loose weight and eat healthy nutritious food. the cramps and bloating lessened. i didn't have to take my monthly dose of pamprin and aleve like before. Also noticed how sweating perfusely made me feel lighter and energetic in a sense. at times i feel that this "PMS" deal is all in the train of thought, but we all know that it's far from the truth. =)

with this said, i still get the monthly spell occasionally; still is annoying but a little tolerable now. Let's try and steer clear from these bumps; these(bad habits and damn hormone fluctuations) are distractions that's hindering us to live a healthy well-balanced life.

good luck to us. =)