Dinner!

Options
2»

Replies

• GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I had Greek salad with roast beef, turkey, ham, salami, mozzarella and Greek dressing......yum.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Oh, by the way....

technically, in North America, they are all sweet potatoes (unless you have some fly importer in your community).

When I say "yam", I am referring to the one with "copper skin and orange flesh".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/19/difference-between-sweet-potatoes-and-yams_n_1097840.html
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I can't upload pictures..

I had :

Roasted spaghetti squash mixed with sauteed garlic, onions and Chinese eggplant.. tomatos and broccli and a little light Italian dressing. Topped with feta and grated parm.
    Sweet Italian turkey sausage
    Yam chips with guac

mmmmmmmm.....
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    @jodie

I used to work in a Korean restaurant - I can't get enough Korean food.

BiBimBob (that's how we spelled it - probably a hundred ways to spell it)
    Boolgogi
    Pork Boolgogi
    Danchan Chigae (fermented miso soup)
    Chop chae
    Duk Mandu Cook
    Goonmandu
    Kim Chee

Can't get enough of that stuff
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Oh, by the way....

technically, in North America, they are all sweet potatoes (unless you have some fly importer in your community).

When I say "yam", I am referring to the one with "copper skin and orange flesh".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/19/difference-between-sweet-potatoes-and-yams_n_1097840.html

Really?!
    Thats interesting, I live in montreal and have only seen the typical sweet potato labeled as such. I will be sure to buy some yams next time I go shopping!
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    @jodie

I used to work in a Korean restaurant - I can't get enough Korean food.

BiBimBob (that's how we spelled it - probably a hundred ways to spell it)
    Boolgogi
    Pork Boolgogi
    Danchan Chigae (fermented miso soup)
    Chop chae
    Duk Mandu Cook
    Goonmandu
    Kim Chee

Can't get enough of that stuff

I find that Asian food is generally pretty healthy, as long as you control what goes in it (hahaha). So my bibimbap was like 700 calories per serving, but it was a HUGE FREAKING BOWL OF FOOD.