Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • agpie9
    agpie9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of the Champion sports bras from Target but I mainly use them as "veg around the house" bras. They don't offer more than nominal support for girls that are more busty but they are comfortable. I have noticed that they do stretch out pretty quickly though. If anyone here has a bigger chest I suggest the Enell Sports bra. It's seriously heavy duty and pricy but I need it. If your measurements are more normal then the standard commercial brands will probably work.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Also, I have to jump in say how impressed I am with all the ladies that do laundry every day. I do my laundry once a week, IF THAT! That's why I own like a million sports bras :tongue: Ah, the life the of the lazy...

Seriously! Every day? I'm lucky if I get the important stuff washed once a week. Very lucky...
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I am rather busty so I have issues with my sports bras.

My Costco has recently had 2 pack of Champion sports bras that I adore. They are a new design, and seem to control uni-boob nicely and fit very well! I went back for 2 more packs and have ditched all my other sports bras. For yoga/workout pants, my fav is tek gear which I get at Kohl's. I bought some Champion pants on closeout recently but those are gone now and also have some Nike capri length pants that are slightly fitted and feel great.

I have enough of each so I can rotate them and do laundry 1x/week
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I second (or third, lost count) TJ Maxx/Marshall's. Name brand at discount prices. Also watch for sales. I have several Moving Comfort bras (the one I run in is the Phoebe) that list for $36 but I've got on sale for $10-$21.
  • Arlala555
    Arlala555 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    To the OP. I agree with the other ladies. Buy more bra's. Washing the same one everyday for 60 days. Wow, for me that would be like 14 months of washing for me and 14 months is a fair amount of time for a sports bra to hold up, especially for a cheap one. I buy enough Sports bra's to only have to wash them all once a week. So I have 5 for my 5 weekly workouts.

For the other ladies, Where do you all buy your Shock Absorber and Moving Comfort bra's. I don't might spending a little more on a sports bra I just want to be able to try one on first. I am very very picky. Some days I just feel like duct taping mine down to keep them from jiggling.
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have several pieces from Target, which I like a lot. The UnderArmor brand is pretty durable, although can be a little more costly.

^^^ Target Bras!
    Also, I would say buy more than one so you don't need to wash it every day, that is probably your problem. I have like 9 sports bras, so I have one for every day I work out and then wash them all together once a week.
  • pghlulu
    pghlulu Posts: 42
    Options
    For price, I'd agree that Target and Old Navy are the most durable.

Under Armour is great, but the only reason I buy it is because I've got an outlet close where I can pick stuff up for like 70% off. Otherwise, not worth the price IMO.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    To the OP. I agree with the other ladies. Buy more bra's. Washing the same one everyday for 60 days. Wow, for me that would be like 14 months of washing for me and 14 months is a fair amount of time for a sports bra to hold up, especially for a cheap one. I buy enough Sports bra's to only have to wash them all once a week. So I have 5 for my 5 weekly workouts.

For the other ladies, Where do you all buy your Shock Absorber and Moving Comfort bra's. I don't might spending a little more on a sports bra I just want to be able to try one on first. I am very very picky. Some days I just feel like duct taping mine down to keep them from jiggling.
    Try your local running store. Ours carries Moving Comfort and several other brands. Again, watch for sales, but if you have to buy your first at full price at least you're supporting your local running store...and once you know your size, you can look online for better prices for future purchases.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    nike
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Also, I have to jump in say how impressed I am with all the ladies that do laundry every day. I do my laundry once a week, IF THAT! That's why I own like a million sports bras :tongue: Ah, the life the of the lazy...

I'm with you. I do my laundry once a week. I have 10 sports bras because I don't dry them. I've noticed with all the increased gym going that I have to do 4 loads instead of 3 (I shower there, throw all my sweaty clothes and towel in one bag, so it all has to get washed), but it's worth the sacrifice!

I love reebok pants. I got my at a big box warehouse store. Soooooo comfy. Wash nicely.
  • pamelasue1949
    pamelasue1949 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats Andrea on your 110 # ypu have loss. Awesome!! Keep it up!!!
    Go girl!!!

Pam
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm just using sweat pants and old t-shirts. LOL The sports bra I'm currently using is a nursing sports bra, because I just didn't see the point in buying another one after I stopped nursing when that one worked so well.

But when I've bought yoga/workout pants, it's been at Ross, and I've really liked their quality there. I have some athletic pants I use when I attend births, and they're super comfy, stay in place, and I can really move in them. I'd just buy more of them so you aren't using the same one every day and having to wash it every day.
  • Arlala555
    Arlala555 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Champion C9 brand from Target. Last weekend I picked up a pair of these:

http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-women-s-tight-capri-athletic-pants-assorted-colors/-/A-13955509#prodSlot=large_1_6

They aren't yoga pants, but they are so super comfy that I immediately went online and ordered two more pairs (because it never fails, as soon as I find something I like, they stop making it!). The description says "tight" but I bought a size larger than normal, so they are form-fitting but not skin-tight. The fabric is nice and thick. I can tell I am going to be wearing these for lots of activities....the arc trainer, workout DVDs, walking, bike riding...and just lounging around the house. I'm thinking they would also work well as a base layer under ski pants or even under jeans when it's cold out.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I like Under Armour and Nike the best. They have last literally YEARS of abuse and still hole the same.

I have a Reebok one that I don't care for too much and don't wear very often. I don't like the cut of it.

As far as pants, I haven't gone beyond Walmart and Old Navy.

I will say, the Old Navy ones are nice, they are the capri compression ones.
  • wendylou224
    wendylou224 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I got my sports bra at Kohl's, i think the brand was Lily of France, it has underwires on the outside, good support and i was on the big up top side.

I love Old Navy's workout clothing. I usually wait til it makes it to the clearance rack.
  • CCourtney106
    CCourtney106 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I worked at Old Navy for a few years (just stopped late last summer) and they really do have affordable and durable workout clothing. I prefer some of their sports bras over others, but if you try them on and find a fit that you like, they'll last you a long time with no real issues. I also like their foldover yoga pants, which are often $15.00 on sale and are my preferred workout pants because of how comfortable they are. The only issue I've had with Old Navy was with their compression capris; I wore those once and they tore right on the seam in the middle of my workout (eek!), so buy those with caution because the pants may not be made well enough to really hold the material together (or, if they do, they're probably more likely to rip sooner). I've also worn some of GapFit's compression capris since I used to get a discount there, and they've held up great. I've been wearing most of these pieces for about two years, now.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with my two new sports bras from Victoria's Secret. :heart: them! I will be going back to buy a couple of more since I can't get them washed everyday. They keep the girls in place even with jogging/cardio, they don't ride up, and they are comfortable. Hoping to swing by VS tomorrow and get at least two more.
    I can't say yet how long they might last as I only purchased about a month ago, but I wash and hang to dry and they still look new.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Don't put the bras in the dryer. It's a pain in the neck, but they last much longer if you hang them to dry. Something about the elasticity.