Sports Bras and Yoga pants

Options

Replies

• AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Don't put the bras in the dryer. It's a pain in the neck, but they last much longer if you hang them to dry. Something about the elasticity.

Im thinking im gonna start doing this, its probably because i dry and wash so often ive got alot of responses and im really excited too hit up a few stores today!!! Thankyou ladies!!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Don't put the bras in the dryer. It's a pain in the neck, but they last much longer if you hang them to dry. Something about the elasticity.
    Agreed. I always hang-dry mine.

Another laundry tip: don't use fabric softener on workout clothes. It coats the fibers and interferes with the wicking properties.
  • arianasieghart
    Options
    I use Nike Dri Fit sports bra and GapFit leggings. I have a couple of both but they've been lasting years. Definitely worth the money.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have Walmart brands too! I actually LOVE my sports bras and almost live in them. I've always liked them better! I like the Danskin stuff. I've got a pair of shorts and 3 tank tops. I've got a good brand of hand me down shoes :p My Mom's old Reeboks.. I do like to go the mens section and get those basketball shorts! I'm a little self conscious and don't wanna wear yoga pants.. my fiancé agreed that I might just get irritated with them =p
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I swear by Lululemon. I have pants and sports bras from a few years ago that I wash and wear regularly. They still look great.

My second favourite is Under Armour.

(PPs are right, keep the bras out of the dryer!)
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Hey!!! I'm gonna take this advice! I've got cheapo stuff.. so I'd love to help it last longer. Thanks =)
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I love the one I got from Victorias Secret
  • agpie9
    agpie9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

This is probably why mine stretch out so quickly. Next time I buy a new one I will give this a try.
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Forever 21 and they are holding up really well. I've had them for months and they are still in really good shape both the sports bras ($12) and yoga pants ($15).
  • Carolstone1959
    Carolstone1959 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use Moving Comfort bras and love them. Check out Amazon.com for good prices. I also got one on ebay ( brand new without tags) for a great deal.

For workout pants my all time favorites are Lands End Performance Active pants. I have them in long and crop length. I've worn these pants non-stop for about 5 years. They still look and feel great. If you get on Lands End email list there are fantastic sales and free shipping offers all the time. Plus returns are free when you take them to Sears - no return shipping.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    This thread has been a terrible disappointment.
  • pinelandsjane
    pinelandsjane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find that the Moving Comfort bras provide the best support. I wear a C cup and can run in a Moving Comfort bra with no bounce whatsoever. I got mine on clearance at Marshall's (5) and have worn them for years and they still hold up, best support ever. Another thing I like about the bra is that it has hooks in the back, so taking it off after a good run is no problem at all :) A few years ago I had a couple of Bill Blass compression bras; they held me in without bounce also but didn't last like the Moving Comfort, which aren't stretchy.
  • creamyjalapeno
    creamyjalapeno Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love Moving Comfort sports bras. They're a little more expensive, but they wear like iron, keep the girls in line, and don't fall apart in the washer. I've worn about every kind of sports bra, and this one passes the test.

I don't wear yoga pants. I have a 35 inch inseam. I'm either in men's wind pants or some sort of workout capris. For work out capris, try H&M. You can get a great pair that even have pockets for about $20. They actually have some decent work out clothes that aren't dowdy.

I wholeheartedly agree on Moving Comfort bras. After years of wearing cheap bras, I finally found something amazing. They are pricey but very durable. My first MC bra was the Jubralee but now I've converted to the Fiona. The Fiona is easier to get on and has just a little more give but still supports like crazy for high impact activity.

You can buy them on Amazon, movingcomfort.com, and Zappos.
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    So you have a sports bra and yoga pants that have endured 60 washings and dryings and are just now having issues?

Ummmm, stick with WalMart. That's good no matter what brand you're talking about.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Most of my workout wear is from Walmart except for a few pieces that I bought at a trendy store in the mall (can't remember the name of the store). Only bought those because the yoga pants were buy 1 get one for $5. The Walmart (Danskin brand) has lasted way longer than the others that I bought.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My bras are cheap ones from WalMart. Ones I've had for years....but I'm an A cup and theres not much to support/hold in so its not hard to find one that works.

We only have WalMart (which as almost nothing for work out stuff) and one sports store here, so I buy most of my stuff online. Usually from UA, since I know their stuff fits well and holds up.
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Enell - all day long. There is not a better sports bra - period. They are expensive but mine has lasted a year.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I am a BIG fan of yoga pants. I'm a guy so I don't wear them, of course, but I'm still a BIG fan.
  • mcgeeinNWA
    Options
    I have very large breasts, so I have to buy my sports bras at specialty lingerie stores or at Nordstrom. I usually get Freya or Panache Sports, and I love both brands. To me it it well worth the money to have good support and a well-shaped chest. :)
  • michelle98310
    michelle98310 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Most sports bras are okay as long as they fit well (I work in a bra fitting boutique :) ) What i try to explain to people is it's all about how you take care of the items too as in what you wash them with. Just try to stay away from anything that has alcohol or petroleum in the ingredients as these will eat at the synthetic fibers making them relax a lot quicker than you'd like. If you use something organic, baby detergent, or any kind of lingerie wash these all help extend the life of our bras or anything with elastic (bathing suits, leggings, yoga pants, panties, etc.) . also just be mindful of the drying temperature, it can burn the elastic and then it might not snap back to its original form so just keep it light. you'll find that they will support you a lot better and will last longer all though 60 washes is pretty good without any issues! :)
  • michelle98310
    michelle98310 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    These are both excellent brands especially for our chestier girls :D I have about 4 freya bras that i adore!