Leftover Birthday Cake dilemma...

Options

Replies

• Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    i would fit it into my day and eat a piece everyday until it was gone, or freeze it but thats just me. I like cake so I make sure it fits and enjoy it.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it would go in the trash can before even making it into the house. It isn't that I don't appreciate the gesture, that I am not grateful and touched by the sentiment. I really and truly am. But my health comes first. My family and friends are very supportive of my lifestyle changes and healthy choices; however, leftover birthday cake isn't an issue for them so, naturally, they don't necessarily understand that it is an issue for me.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Eat it over the next few days, share with neighborsand work it off at the gym. I can't believe people are advocating throwing perfectly good cake away.
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Give it away, or throw it away. It was very nice for someone to make it for you. Now, be nice to yourself, and get rid of it. It'll be gone one way or another....would you rather eat it, and gain weight? I've been there....
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Either throw it away, cut in small pieces and freeze, or bring in to work. There's no way I'd let half a cake sit around in my kitchen.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Throw it out. You've had some, you've thanked the person, you've shared the cake. Time to let it go.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I do not understand the concept of leftover cake...what is this?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    #3 - I save enough calories to eat some each day. It takes the place of my ice cream.....Unless I work out extra hard....and then I have both.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    >1 year consecutive logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I would eat the rest and then go work it off.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Throw it away. I never feel bad about doing that - maybe I should, but if you've already enjoyed a piece then it served it's purpose.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Eat it over the next few days, share with neighborsand work it off at the gym. I can't believe people are advocating throwing perfectly good cake away.

^^ This! My sons Bday was in Feb and we had leftover cake and I had some almost everyday until it was gone...(It fit in my macros - well kinda)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Trash it and don't feel guilty!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I trash it. But only because I don't like week old birthday cake. You can bring it to work and let them pig out on it!
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just eat it when you feel like it and then when it's gone, it's gone.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I would say, either freeze it or trash it. I personally would throw it away because I have zero will power and could easily convince myself that it wouldn't be a big deal to have a piece and then another, and another and then oops, the whole cake is gone, but I am one of those people that once I have sugar I instantly crave more. Putting it in the freezer would only be a minor inconvenience for me if I really wanted to get at it. If you are someone that can eat the occasional treat without overdoing it then keep it! It's up to you, but certainly don't compromise your health, goals and happiness because of guilt.

^^THIS.
  • 0atmeal_queen
    Options
    Cut it up and freeze it
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the trash. You would feel more quilty about eating it and nobody "needs" cake. It's just an occasional treat. If it's a stumbling block for you then feed it to the garbage. You'll feel empowered for doing so.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Eat it over the next few days, share with neighbors and work it off at the gym. I can't believe people are advocating throwing perfectly good cake away.
    ^This.

Make it work into your daily calorie allotment. Exercise a little harder, for a little longer, if you need to.

Just don't throw it away. It's perfectly good cake. Throwing it away would be food crime.
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I would throw/give it away. "better to go to waste than go on your waist" (groan...sorry). Eating food that we don't need is how we get fat in the first place. Unless you are not fat and are here for the exercise. in that case eat it and work it off
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    say "thank you!"