Leftover Birthday Cake dilemma...

Options

Replies

• mkd1955
    mkd1955 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You should eat a little and then put it in a container and take it to work. I agree with the poster that said, think about what you want to look like next year. It was nice of your friend to have a party and make you a cake, but they should have spread it out over more of the guests. Since it's usually only 2 or 3 of us in the house anymore for birthdays, we have been buying the little cakes that have about 4 slices and that's it. No extra to tempt us.

Happy Belated Birthday!
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    Throw it away. Personally my self control is zero, and having it in the house wouldn't work. While true that I could eat the cake and burn it off with exercise, the simple fact remains that it would reset me on my sugar/processed food cravings. I have hard enough time not giving into those cravings at certain points in the month.
  • k_town78
    k_town78 Posts: 21
    Options
    I rarely have this issue...because I have TEENAGERS! Best way to get junk food outta your house!
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    I prefer magic tricks.

Take cake to work.
    Put in break room.
    Watch it vanish.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much I liked the cake, but I'd either:

1) Take one more piece and share the rest at work, or
    2) Share the rest at work.

Cake is one of those things that pops up everywhere - I can't get away from it. My next chance to eat cake will come soon enough.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I prefer magic tricks.

Take cake to work.
    Put in break room.
    Watch it vanish.

Just saw this...LOL. So, so true. It amazes me every time.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    If you must, Trash it. I've had to do that for someone that made us cupcakes. It's not worth the calories. They aren't going to know, but my sluggishness and tiredness and belly will know.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    tumblr_li6h70itBb1qboy57o1_500.jpg
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I would have to throw it away or I'd end up eating it all.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Trash it
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Throw it away -- YOU are not a trash can.
  • MrsNwokolo
    Options
    Throw it away, and let them know how good the cake was and it's gone!!!!
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    My son just had a birthday. We had cake on the day. The next morning the rest went in the trash. I don't need it and I won't do my husband or kids any favors letting them have such sweets all the time even if they can afford the weight! Think of food as fuel! I am not going to put bad fuel in my body. On special days it is fine but one special does doesn't mean a whole week of leftovers!
  • djtessatessa
    djtessatessa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The only two options are save it to eat it later and share it with your coworkers.

I dont understand why you would throw it away when you can easily take it to work and share with other people?

What a waste!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    It makes me truly sad to see how many people are saying to throw it away.......Unless the cake sucks there is no way to throw it away.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    >1 year consecutive logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • funkylemur
    funkylemur Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Tbh Id try and palm it off on someone else, take it to work and share it , its a nice thing to do and you get to stick to your calories, win win situation :)
  • acds4me2
    acds4me2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Throw it out and feel the power of choosing to take care of your self and sticking to your goals. Cake for breackfast is crap. Have something good for your body instead.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Trash it!

You don't need the cake. You can appreciate the gesture and still throw it.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Geez, if you don't want the cake throw it away, your friend isn't going to come over, and smell your breath, then look in the trash. Me personally, I would just eat it, and work it into my calories.