Coffee creamer, help!

Options

Replies

• shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That's also my go-to flavor of cream. I tried to go sugar-free, but if you don't put sugar in your coffee-- as I've given up sugar for lent even though I don't think Baptists celebrate lent the same way Catholics do-- then it tastes like butt-- not that I know what that tastes like, but if I did, I'm sure it'd taste like that crap! Anyway, another tasty one is the Caramel Macciato (I'm not sure if I spelled it right, lol). It's also 35 calories per serving, so you wouldn't get any good cut in calories from it. It tastes amazing though!

Sorry for being so wordy; I tend to get that way. Have a great morning!
    Ooh, and the powdered stuff, although is only like 10 calories per serving, is made from the same stuff they put in white paint if I'm not mistaken.
    You could also try adding some almond milk to your coffee instead of creamer.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Baileys Irish Creamer - 40 calories.

I did NOT need to know that existed.
  • Mikemeg210
    Options
    I have started using some of my unsweetend almond milk (vanilla). I pour myself an 8oz cup. put about 1/4 in my coffee cup (large sized to take with me to work = about 2 regular coffees) and drink the rest. For the entire 8oz its only 40 calories and seems to work just as well as the Cream mate creamer i used to use hope that helps a bit? (I dont drink regular milk or use dairy creams as I get a rash on my neck from fresh milk but not from any other dairy go figure. Good thing because i LOVE yogurt!)

i do this as well! almond milk has the same consistency as coffee creamer, plus it gives it a sweet taste. its really healthy for you too! plus if you are trying to lose weight you should be staying away from dairy. this is an awesome substitute!
  • sunryse00
    sunryse00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I dont drink coffee but a friend of mine uses atkins shakes for her creamer....she loves it

This is what I use. I use the caramel and it's very good as a creamer and one of the few things I found with low carbs but It has a high fat content and might be to many calories than what you're looking for.
  • s_reynolds777
    s_reynolds777 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You could have been me with that post. Exactly what I've been thinking for some time. I've tried everything, milk with sugar, creamer with sugar, splenda, honey etc and if it tastes good it's about the same calories anyways and splenda just was yucky. I tried the sugar free and low fat creamers too and although they didn't taste so bad I couldn't get over all the horrible ingredients in it. This last week I tried to cut out my sugar and tried half and half with honey (same calories) and it wasn't too bad but I really wanted to cut a few calories, then I found Torani sugar free vanilla syrup, I've used that with half and half and cut down some calories and it tastes pretty good and doesn't have so many bad looking ingredients in it. Over all I think I'm gonna just try to stick to the 2 cups and 140 calories as you said (I use the exact same creamer as you) but use this other method sometimes to try and cut back on the sugar. Hope this helps, I am not willing to eliminate it all together!
  • kend9998
    kend9998 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like Maxwell House International Cafe french vanilla. it's sugar free, and about 30 calories/Tbs., i think.
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    I actually don't mind splenda. And i use fat free coffee mate creamer. I just fit it into my daily goals and don't look back..
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I just fit it in. The SF stuff is okay but it doesn't come in many flavors and I'm a little leery of SF stuff. I've cut back a bit; I used to drink more creamer than coffee ha but now I just have about a Tbsp per mug, and two mugs a day.

I've seen some recipes for homemade creamers on pinterest but I haven't gotten around to trying it. But then you could cut back a little on the sugar and the other nasty stuff and it would probably taste just as good if not better.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Baileys Irish Creamer - 40 calories.

I did NOT need to know that existed.

It DOES and it's soooo Yummy!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Maxwell House instant coffee. My favorite is International Cafe Suisse Mocha, sugar free. It's 30 calories and makes 6-8 oz of coffee. But, what I prefer to do is pour a 16-oz mug of brewed coffee and then stir in the flavored coffee (30 cal). Sometimes I add 1/4 almond milk (adds another 10 calories).
  • Hazeleys
    Hazeleys Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all of your quick replies and great ideas! I'll be trying a few over the next week!
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Try Lowfat Land O'Lakes half and half--less fat, no artificial flavor like fat free versions. Its my non-negotiable!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    If you find a really good coffee, then drinking it black will make the earth move for you.

Or, you could try almond milk (they have flavoured kinds, but I prefer the unsweetened one). Or, try brewing your coffee with a tiny pinch of cinnamon in it.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to the homemade creamers with a bunch of different flavors: http://deliciouslyorganic.net/homemade-coffee-creamer/ you could easily make them lower cal by using skim instead of whole milk, not using heavy cream, etc. They sound pretty good!
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I just use what I like in my coffee...and take off calories somewhere else...my coffee my way is my treat:-)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Coffeemate natural bliss now comes in low-fat vanilla and chocolate, only 20 calories a tbs, so 80 calories total. They are still pretty natural, just made with some nonfat milk instead of just heavy cream.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hot cocoa mix. Diet kind, one spoondfull is like 6 calories.
  • paoakey
    paoakey Posts: 2
    Options
    I switched from liquid creamers to powdered - I currently use coffeemate sugar free vanilla caramel. Serving size is 1 TBSP, 30 calories. I use 1 tsp or less per cup (but that is just me) and it is plenty. Good luck!
    Pat
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    I used to be the same way... i started off by using almond milk and a little stevia and gradually transitioned into drinking black coffee. There is an organic blueberry coffee that i really love here locally. That may help as well :) However, if you really enjoy your morning coffee... then theres no reason to sacrifice as long as it fits in your macros
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this has already been said. Plain old half & half. Non fat if you wish, but I prefer a few more grams of fat to a few more grams of carbs.

Half & half does seem to vary a bit, but mine is 40 calories, 1g of carb, 3 of fat and 1 of protein per 2 tablespoons. I use 1 tablespoon per cup and I drink a LOT of coffee. I just fit it into my calorie budget.

For sweetener (I like my coffee quite sweet), I use liquid sucrolose (Splenda), there are a few varieties. I get EZ Sweetz, because it is pretty cheap on Amazon. A friend gets Sweetz Free, because it is just sucrolose and water with no preservatives. I have also read that there are brands showing up on some of the bigger supermarket chain shelves. I prefer the liquid, because it really does have zero calories and no carbs, and because, at least to me, it has no flavor or aftertaste. It's just sweet.